Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

What a joke the guy had a harness attach to the cable.

He is no daredevil. He is a pussy.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

you don't know anything about anything do you

they forced him to wear it

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

. What?

Hollywood or any nations film industries and filmmakers couldn't have produced more beautiful cinematography, the Wallendas are an amazing family. That was an incredible feat, people have crossed the river but no one has ever crossed the falls like that. The walk should provide alot of financial benefit for this area. I will admit the barrel runs are pretty incredible as well, some strange stories around Niagara Falls.

BOBBY LEACH July 25, 1911 (Survived)

Bobby Leach, an Englishman, successfully made a trip in an all-steel barrel on July 25, 1911, and then spent 23 weeks in hospital recuperating from numerous fractures and other injuries. Fifteen years later on a lecture tour in New Zealand, he slipped on an orange peel, broke his leg and died of complications from the injury.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4473

This will be broadcasting live on ABC

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Typical Mickey Mouse Disney production by ABC tonight. West Coast delayed 3 hours for what reason? News? Absurd 3 hours countdown with unreal hype youd have to be some idiot to watch. All for 15 mins of walking with a safety cable they made him wear. No chance theyd even show him fall if he did

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

In similar news, a guy will be bunjee jumping tomorrow with cables attached to his ankles.

News at 11.

RunningMan7
    Update your status
    RunningMan7's Avatar Become A Pro!

For those trash talking the Nik Wallenda guy, get a life. The dude has balls. Now, bitch all you want about ABC and the local authorities if you want because they deserve it. There was no suspense and I found it very anticlimactic. But the dude has done enough dangerous stunts in his past that I will give him the benefit of doubt on this.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Impressive none the less

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

I thought the same thing he has a harness on so big deal i hate interleague play so there was nothing on last night i thought the 3 hour build up was a bit much but other then that i thought it was very cool with HD AND THE BIG SCREEN TV Some of the shots especially the one were he was at the top of the falls was amazing.Just to walk accross a plank would be scary.It was cool there are haters for everything.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

very boring and lame with the element of danger completely removed. it would be like going in a cage with toothless lions.

i dont blame disney for making him wear a safety harness though. their demographics is children so they have to cover their asses in case he falls and traumatizes young viewers.

but the bulk of the blame goes to nik. he wasnt exactly forced to wear the harness, he could have said no. which probably means he wouldve had to find another network to broadcast his stunt but at least he wouldve kept his integrity but alas he sold out for fame and fortune. heck he could have even done it on ppv.... i would have gladly shelled out $29.95 to watch him walk across sans the harness.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

did anybody see lakerboy there??

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

supposedly next hes going to try and tightrope the grand canyon. id pay to see that with no safety harness.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Watched from my room at hilton. Was pretty neat.

RunningMan7
    Update your status
    RunningMan7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt the authorities would have allowed for such a stunt if it was on PPV. Also, PPV wouldnt generate nearly enough money to fund such an event. A Major network's backing gives the even less of a freak show credibility. I personally think ABC could have gotten away with it It's not like any freak show. We are talking the member of one of the most famous multigenerational families attempting this.

And if this family got a nice payday out of a safe stunt like this on national TV, who are we to begrudge them. It is like one of those lifetime awards people get after a lifetime of working anonymously.
    Last edited by RunningMan7; 06-16-12 at 08:58 PM.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

toothless lion still rip you to shreds.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jstblaze View Post
    toothless lion still rip you to shreds.

not if you are a ninja like this bozo

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post

BOBBY LEACH July 25, 1911 (Survived)

Bobby Leach, an Englishman, successfully made a trip in an all-steel barrel on July 25, 1911, and then spent 23 weeks in hospital recuperating from numerous fractures and other injuries. Fifteen years later on a lecture tour in New Zealand, he slipped on an orange peel, broke his leg and died of complications from the injury.
    Such a bad beat.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Such a bad beat.
    The worst! There were actually quite a few women that attempted the crossing over the river and did the barrel as well, suffragettes who were little wild or just crazy as hell. This woman walked on a wire and "walked backwards, put a paper bag over her head, and wore peach baskets on her feet to inject some drama into her crossings."

http://www.niagaraparks.com/media/niagara-falls-stunting-history.html

This lady was the ultimate milf or gilf or just a woman who was aging into her 60's and didnt want to take up sewing. This poor cat!

Mrs. Annie Taylor, a 63-year-old schoolteacher, decided that a trip over Niagara Falls was her way to fame and fortune. On October 24, 1901, assistants strapped her (along with her cat as seen in this photo) into a special harness in a barrel. A small boat towed the barrel out into the main stream of the Niagara River and the barrel was cast loose. The rapids first slammed it one way, then the other, then came the drop and a bone-wrenching jar so violent that Mrs. Taylor was sure she hit rocks. Seventeen minutes after the plunge, the barrel had been tossed close enough to the Canadian shore to be hooked and dragged onto the rocks. Mrs. Taylor was dazed but triumphant and being the first person to conquer the mighty Falls of Niagara, she found the fame she sought so desperately. But fortune was a bit more elusive. Twenty years after her brush with death at Niagara, she died destitute.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    not if you are a ninja like this bozo

Mike adopts the "most submissive pose on all fours", this almost seems like he could get raped here? A jab could remove Mikes face. South Aricans are just crazy. His safaris and adventures http://www.timefortravel.co.uk/Mike_...s_Botswana.asp
    Last edited by gregm; 06-17-12 at 01:44 AM.

First 12