Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Phillies Fans, Check in...

I know we have been spoiled over these past several years, but this year's team is so fukkin frustrating to watch. Every day is the same shit...

It's hard to argue against Amaro and Charlie (considering everything they've done for us the past few years) but there are some obvious moves that I just don't understand why they haven't made them...

1st they need to trade Shane to free up some money and get a bullpen piece. They can then platoon Pierre/Mayberry from there.

2nd they need to call up Dominic Brown and let him play everyday in LF and see what he's got. He can't be any worse than what we have seen.

3rd they need to resign Cole, they have to lock him up if we are going to have a future.

Im not against trading Lee to free up money for cole to get a good 3rd baseman and some prospects/bullpen pieces.

These moves combined with utley and howard coming back alteast set us up for next season nicely.

Now im not throwing in the towel just yet for 2012, but it's not like these moves will hurt us right now...

Tell me why I'm wrong or what you would do...

They gotta get it together

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I know we have been spoiled over these past several years, but this year's team is so fukkin frustrating to watch. Every day is the same shit...

It's hard to argue against Amaro and Charlie (considering everything they've done for us the past few years) but there are some obvious moves that I just don't understand why they haven't made them...

1st they need to trade Shane to free up some money and get a bullpen piece. They can then platoon Pierre/Mayberry from there.

2nd they need to call up Dominic Brown and let him play everyday in LF and see what he's got. He can't be any worse than what we have seen.

3rd they need to resign Cole, they have to lock him up if we are going to have a future.

Im not against trading Lee to free up money for cole to get a good 3rd baseman and some prospects/bullpen pieces.

These moves combined with utley and howard coming back alteast set us up for next season nicely.

Now im not throwing in the towel just yet for 2012, but it's not like these moves will hurt us right now...

Tell me why I'm wrong or what you would do...

They gotta get it together
    thats pushing the panic button

they just got the fukkin guy

prized free agent.

pretty sure he probably has a no trade clause 2. trading lee is overkill

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Lee is just something that i wouldn't be completely upset about, but the other moves seem easy to me...

bronx im down ac this weekend if you down..

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Lee is just something that i wouldn't be completely upset about, but the other moves seem easy to me...

bronx im down ac this weekend if you down..

GL pal.

off this week but busy as shit getting stuff done.

i'll make it down before summer is over

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It has been good in the sense that books have been overvaluing the Phillies all year and fading them has been a cash cow. Now they are beginning to adjust the lines but there is still money to be made betting against my Phillies.

As far as moves go, I do agree they need to bring up Dominic Brown. Seriously WTF are they waiting for. Regarding trades, I think now is a good time to put Hamels on the market. Things inevitably will improve. When the time comes and Howard and Utley are back (2 critical pieces to the puzzle) everything will gel together. I honestly feel that most of the problem is just a lack of enthusiasm in the clubhouse.

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

def not a phils fan but i agree they have to bring brown up. if this yr is gonna be a wash nows the best time to see what he can do. I DONT think they are out of it yet. as long as they hang around til howard and utley come back they can make a push. If they start to fall to far behind i would say trade cole and get back some prospects. He wants to be a free agent so unless the phils way over pay him hes gonna test the waters. so why take the chance?
    Im sure the dodgers are gonna offer him a boatload of money prob the yanks be involved as usual and a few other. So get something in return.
    Can also see victorino gettin traded too.. im sure they can get a pretty good prospect from a team needing to get over that hump. Especially a team thats making that push for the 2nd wildcard thats not normally a contender.
    If they can grab youk from the sox and not give up to much i think that would be smart to. Hopefully for the yankees sake they dont trade hammels for youk tho

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

phils would be making the playoffs if the season was another month longer...come back tonight and miraculously will be 6 games out of w/c

imagine if their whore shit bullpen didnt lose a bucket of fukkin games for them

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    phils would be making the playoffs if the season was another month longer...come back tonight and miraculously will be 6 games out of w/c

imagine if their whore shit bullpen didnt lose a bucket of fukkin games for them

imagine if charlie didnt lose a bucket of fukkin games for them.. its disgusting how many him and the bullpen have cost this team

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

even the bastard is getting guys out again

unfukkinreal

Let's go fathers!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

lets go baby!