BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    show us where you posted this a week or two ago
    At work so I don't have time to find my posts.

Check Lakerboy's thread were he said he would leave the forum if Boston won the series. I said they had a shot there.

I also have backed them a ton this post-season.

See threads where people took the Hawks and Philly over Boston.

I have many posts saying I'm unimpressed with Miami and they're a two man team. Check the Heat/Pacers threads.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

that kid

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    It seems like Rondo can get a bucket at the rim whenever he needs one 9 times out of 10. Lebron and D Wade are shooting fall away jumpers. And when those miss they are always short and fall right to Celts who arent good at rebounding.

What are the odds that Phil Jackson is their coach next year if they can't get by Boston?
    replace chalmers, replace spolestra, problem solved IMO.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

too funny

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    He actually might be right -- not one, not two, not three, not four....

Not any.

Very funny. Watching them lose and then hearing that kid saying "good job, good effort" was unreal. I almost never slept last nite from laughing. I was also thinking back to the "not 1, not 2, not 3..... Lebron might be right. I don't think Lebron will ever win a NBA championship as long as the league has some "old school" grinders in the league like Pierce,Garnett,Allen.Lebron represents the new, young, hip hop generation. Those old school guys have the mental fortitude to grind it out. This series really boils down to the mentally tough and Boston has it in spades over the Heat. If you think back the Celtics have out played Miami every game since the 1st game. I do hope the Heat lose another one. The selfish part of me hopes they win in Boston and lose at home in 7. That would be priceless to get eliminated in a game 7 on HC against Boston after getting thir backers on board again. I doubt the series returns to Miami though..

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Look at Chris Bosh and Wade when Lebron said they are gonna challenge each other in practice and the game is gonna be easy... They are like "Ni$$a is you crazy"

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    I love how there's so much LeBron hate when he's been the most consistent playoff performer, not only on his team, but in the league as well. Could he have played better? Possibly...but he IS the reason Miami didn't lose 4-1 already to the Celtics and he is the reason the last 2 games werent 15+ pt blowout wins for Celtics.

He's the only one keeping Miami's season alive, atleast till now. The simple fact is, eventhough he's a solid player, the league has gotten better and he can't carry a team alone to the finals, let alone win a championship. I do blame him for all that 'not 1, 7 rings' b/s that he spoke about publicly, but I don't blame him for THINKING he could do it. I'm sure this is not the kind of help he thought he'd get when he left Cavs to join Miami.

I think LeBron will continue to play well even the next game because he's probably the only one on that team that appears to WANT to win badly. And I almost feel bad for him because the guy plays with so much effort, yet his supporting cast can't give him even a small helping hand - which is pretty much all they need to reach the finals.
    Along with his "Not 3, not 4" comment (not even counting "The Decision") perhaps he shouldn't of made those comments at the end of the Finals last year where he blasted the ever day person saying that at the end of the day they still had to go back to their miserable lives and he's still him....

Funny I don't remember any of the past greats like Jordan, Bird, even Kobe having so many different monikers for themselves. King James, The Chosen One, all this self anointing is lame ...

As for the most consistent performer.... Quarters 1-3 he is then the 4th Q comes around and he shrinks. For a guy with his talent to ONLY have one basket in the final 8 minutes of the game (that one basket was a layup conceded in the end, where the Celtics didn't want to foul) is INEXCUSABLE ...

He plays scared at the end. Simple as that

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    It seems like Rondo can get a bucket at the rim whenever he needs one 9 times out of 10. Lebron and D Wade are shooting fall away jumpers. And when those miss they are always short and fall right to Celts who arent good at rebounding.

What are the odds that Phil Jackson is their coach next year if they can't get by Boston?
    Phil Jacksons a stand up dude. Hes not going to retire from the Lakers and come back to coach the Heat...

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Along with his "Not 3, not 4" comment (not even counting "The Decision") perhaps he shouldn't of made those comments at the end of the Finals last year where he blasted the ever day person saying that at the end of the day they still had to go back to their miserable lives and he's still him....

Funny I don't remember any of the past greats like Jordan, Bird, even Kobe having so many different monikers for themselves. King James, The Chosen One, all this self anointing is lame ...

As for the most consistent performer.... Quarters 1-3 he is then the 4th Q comes around and he shrinks. For a guy with his talent to ONLY have one basket in the final 8 minutes of the game (that one basket was a layup conceded in the end, where the Celtics didn't want to foul) is INEXCUSABLE ...

He plays scared at the end. Simple as that
    Yeah I agree, he has been awful at the 4Q, which is why i said he could play better than he is playing right now. But even then, his effort in other parts of the game is def. impressive because he prevents his team from going down 20 points - not easy to do when you have a sluggish roster like the Heat do.

There's obviously many factors that play in as to why Heat aren't the team people thought they'd be. But one thing I am certain about is all the blame cannot be on LeBron, which it seems like it is. At the end of the day, this is a 5 on 5 ball game (+ coach) and 1 person can only do so much. Mainly talking about the defensive end, as Van Gundy pointed on in his commentating. It was ridiculous how Heat players were strolling back to defense after every made basket and taking 7+ seconds to get back to their man. Which is why they never got on a huge lead when Lebron was actually going off in the first half and i think the 3Q.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

replace chalmers, replace spolestra, problem solved IMO.
    Sign and trade with the Suns? Chalmers for Nash?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Tofudog View Post

Phil Jacksons a stand up dude. Hes not going to retire from the Lakers and come back to coach the Heat...

I dunno about that. Phil has a lot of respect as a winner so players know if it comes down to a feud with a star, the star is going to come out looking bad. But, Phil left Chicago when the trophies weren't going to be there. He left LA once for the same reason and wrote a kiss and tell about Kobe and Shaq. He knows when a team is strapped for cash and getting old.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Yeah I agree, he has been awful at the 4Q, which is why i said he could play better than he is playing right now. But even then, his effort in other parts of the game is def. impressive because he prevents his team from going down 20 points - not easy to do when you have a sluggish roster like the Heat do.

There's obviously many factors that play in as to why Heat aren't the team people thought they'd be. But one thing I am certain about is all the blame cannot be on LeBron, which it seems like it is. At the end of the day, this is a 5 on 5 ball game (+ coach) and 1 person can only do so much. Mainly talking about the defensive end, as Van Gundy pointed on in his commentating. It was ridiculous how Heat players were strolling back to defense after every made basket and taking 7+ seconds to get back to their man. Which is why they never got on a huge lead when Lebron was actually going off in the first half and i think the 3Q.
    I agree it's not all his fault. Personally I believe it's more Spoelstra's fault than anyone else's. He is flat out a HORRIBLE coach. If Miami made it to the finals then I would adjust every spread 3-4 points just because of the edge Pop has over him. He can't call plays, doesn't seem to adjust well on the fly, makes some head scratching decisions and is awful when it comes to final plays.

I personally dislike him because of his arrogance and comments he makes at times. I don't think he measures up to the greats when you take everything into consideration and not just numbers. There is no denying his talents. He is a physical specimen like never before seen. His combination of size, speed, strength, etc. unmatched. With that said, he's a mental midget in other areas especially when it comes to being a true competitor. He doesn't demand the most of his team, he doesn't take over games even if he fails, which seems to be part of the problem. He's scared to fail so he almost removes himself from situations. He's been too coddled his whole life. He fails to realize that it's because of failure that people like Jordan, Kobe are who they are. They had to fail to become great. To demand excellence from their teammates.

In part that's why I respect Kobe so much. For all his ball-hoggish ways, etc. He's not scared to have to take the last 30 shots. Even if it means they lose. He wants the rock in his hands no matter what. LeBron doesn't share that instinct. Kobe is one of the hardest working players in the league. LeBron, has yet to take his game to another level. He relies too much on his freakish abilities. In 7 years he's yet to develop a fade-away, improve FT shooting, etc.

That's just my two cents ...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I love how there's so much LeBron hate when he's been the most consistent playoff performer, not only on his team, but in the league as well. Could he have played better? Possibly...but he IS the reason Miami didn't lose 4-1 already to the Celtics and he is the reason the last 2 games werent 15+ pt blowout wins for Celtics.
    He was an absolute ghost for the last three minutes of that game last night.

No surprise there.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Very funny. Watching them lose and then hearing that kid saying "good job, good effort" was unreal. I almost never slept last nite from laughing. I was also thinking back to the "not 1, not 2, not 3..... Lebron might be right. I don't think Lebron will ever win a NBA championship as long as the league has some "old school" grinders in the league like Pierce,Garnett,Allen.Lebron represents the new, young, hip hop generation. Those old school guys have the mental fortitude to grind it out. This series really boils down to the mentally tough and Boston has it in spades over the Heat. If you think back the Celtics have out played Miami every game since the 1st game. I do hope the Heat lose another one. The selfish part of me hopes they win in Boston and lose at home in 7. That would be priceless to get eliminated in a game 7 on HC against Boston after getting thir backers on board again. I doubt the series returns to Miami though..
    It'll be interesting to see what the Thunder are tonight. I want Oklahoma City to win, but something tells me it's going to be much more difficult to close the Spurs out than people think. I see Durant as a throwback and I truly believe he desperately wants it, but these kids are all still 22 and 23 and I just don't know if Westbrook is "old school" enough to close the door.

I wouldn't count Miami out yet either lyon, and I hate saying that because I wish I could.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I for one will not be watching 1 minute of the Finals if it's the Spurs/Boston.

I will watch if it's OKC and/or Heat in the finals.
    I wouldn't mind seeing OKC vs Boston.
    But of course would like to see OKC vs Heat.

First 12