will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

This was the biggest game of Lebron's career...

If he was down to the Pacers at a 3-1 deficit after the "Big decision", the bashing would've been brutal. James showed what he was made of. Very impressive and actually happy for him.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Dwho is a fool

biggamerife21
    biggamerife21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

If you dont have something negative to Post
    then dont post nothing at all about that bastard

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Are you stupid? LeBron was in the NBA finals with a chance to beat the Spurs for a title in 2007.

I believe all those games were the biggest of his career.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Are you stupid? LeBron was in the NBA finals with a chance to beat the Spurs for a title in 2007.

I believe all those games were the biggest of his career.
    op is correct

what do you suppose he takes more heat on....losing in the finals on a one man team or losing to the fukkn pacers with dwade?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    op is correct

what do you suppose he takes more heat on....losing in the finals on a one man team or losing to the fukkn pacers with dwade?
    It won't matter because in both cases he will still be "ringless"

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

easily the best player in the game right now.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    easily the best player in the game right now.
    We'll see what ya say when he goes another year ringless.

How many scoring titles does Durant need to get voted MVP btw? LOL.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Very big game for him at this stage of his career

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All He has to do is force
    You cannot stop him

he stops himself by being unsellfish or tired of carrying the load all the time

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I've never seen anyone criticized so much for doing so much. LeBron had 40% of the points and damned near 20 board and 9 assist. No one will win a championship having to do that much every game.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post

he could lead the league in scoring by 1 ppg every year and it still wouldn't necessarily make him the most valuable player any of those years. so i guess the answer to your question is infinity

he'll obviously get an MVP at some point though. but it will probably be in yet another year where lebron "should" win it

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

So the best game of his career was evening up a second round series against a team the Heat were favored to beat?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Lebron brought the Cavs to the playoffs every year and even the finals Then the same team without him is one of the worst teams in the history of the league

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Really? He needs to be as important to his team as The King is to his and that will never happen. The King is the best player in the game. Not even a remotely close 2nd.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Lebron brought the Cavs to the playoffs every year and even the finals Then the same team without him is one of the worst teams in the history of the league
    That team wasn't that bad. They had Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao who was injured this year. Throw in Elton Brand and Lebron and you have a decent team.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

He did deliver tonight. Not sure if he has what it takes to be a winner.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Scoring titles = MVP?

Durant will win MVP, it's a matter of time. I hope he does, he is one of my favorite players.

Ring-less and all, Lebron is currently the best player in the league. No matter how many blind haters say he is not.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Scoring titles = MVP?

Durant will win MVP, it's a matter of time. I hope he does, he is one of my favorite players.

Ring-less and all, Lebron is currently the best player in the league. No matter how many blind haters say he is not.
    LeBron is not better than a 100% healthy Kobe Bryant....even if Kobe is ten years older than him.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

ring-less and all, lebron is currently the best player in the league for 3 quarters...
    fify

smoke a bowl

LeBron is not better than a 100% healthy Kobe Bryant....even if Kobe is ten years older than him.
    Your ass hurts yo.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

If you think so, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    fify

Keep riding that.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Your ass hurts yo.
    5 rings to zip.....I think we know who's @ss really hurts.....

smoke a bowl

Horry has 7 rings, I guess he is/was better than Kobi? The fukin ring argument, I love it.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

since rings determine how great a player is horry is better then shaq then... dilfer is better then marino

sit and think how many rings lebron would have if he played for all those la teams instead of kobe (at least 7.. he never woulda run shaq out of town).. how many rings would kobe have if he were drafted in cleveland (easily 0)..

gotta learn to look at the player, not how many rings a guy has won in a team sport

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

The ring cop-out, good call.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    since rings determine how great a player is horry is better then shaq then... dilfer is better then marino

sit and think how many rings lebron would have if he played for all those la teams instead of kobe (at least 7.. he never woulda run shaq out of town).. how many rings would kobe have if he were drafted in cleveland (easily 0)..

gotta learn to look at the player, not how many rings a guy has won in a team sport

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

and yet another reminder... at this age, jordan also still had 0 rings and also 0 finals appearances... and only 1 mvp.. so lets calm down and let the guy play out his career

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

LOL

According to efficiency numbers Lebron has been the most efficient player in the league every year since 2007-2008.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Horry has 7 rings, I guess he is/was better than Kobi? The fukin ring argument, I love it.
    Why would you bring up Robert Horry? Robert Horry was never an all-world talent like Kobe or LeBron.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    LOL

According to efficiency numbers Lebron has been the most efficient player in the league every year since 2007-2008.
    Well by "efficient" I guess that doesn't include closing out playoff series or title series. In that case he can efficient" away.

smoke a bowl

Why would you bring up Robert Horry? Robert Horry was never an all-world talent like Kobe or LeBron.
    You brought up rings yo.

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12500

Game six of the 2012 NBA championship game.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Well by "efficient" I guess that doesn't include closing out playoff series or title series. In that case he can efficient" away.
    his playoff, stats actually compare really favorable to kobes.
    if you look at the pers lebrons is 26.6 for the playoffs, and kobes is 22.2. per is the totality of your contribution to your team.

also, just heard some stats on the herd about clutch situations. pretty interesting stuff.

"
    In the NBA, the term ‘clutch', is defined as "the plays that occur during the 4th quarter or overtime, with less than five minutes remaining, and neither team ahead by more than five points". But the public perception of clutch goes beyond that.Players are usually classified as "clutch" or "unclutch" based solely on their ability or inability to make the final shot of a close game. Basically, the first 47 minutes and 59 seconds are insignificant, as long as you're in position to win the game, and proceed to do so by making a clutch final shot.Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are the poster children for this discussion.The Worldwide Leader lauds Kobe because he's won five rings, looks the part – fully equipped with the patented MJ fist-pump – and has made some memorable walk-off shots throughout his career, including a single season where he made an absurd number – something like 10.On the other hand, LeBron James -– unquestionably the most talented player in the league – is still ring-less and his recent NBA Finals failure has been well-documented. The simple fact that I can only remember one LeBron game-winner (against Orlando in the Playoffs), off the top of my head, yet have the ability to rattle off Kobe game-winners like WIBR rattles off forgotten Philadelphia athletes, is a severe detriment to LeBron's case as a clutch player. It also allows guys like Skip Bayless and tweeps with the word "RINGZ" at the forefront of their Twitter bios to spout off their opinions on "clutchness" as fact, without ever, I repeat, ever, citing evidence to support their opinion.What Skip and the "RINGZ" fellas fail to mention, is that LeBron James – based on the statistics – has shot a higher percentage than Kobe Bryant in both, "clutch" situations (last 5 minutes of a 5 point game), and shots to tie or take the lead in the final minute of games since 2000.Because of the various definitions clutch (Only the fourth quarter? The final 5 minutes? The final minute? Last possession? Does the regular season matter? Only Playoffs?), the limited data available and the relatively small sample sizes, labeling players as clutch has become an extremely subjective exercise, and will probably remain so for all of eternity. Mythical factors such as, the "clutch gene" and the possession of "killer instinct/a naturally-protruding-jaw-clinch", also stand in the way of an agreement between the general public on what's clutch and who's clutch in the NBA.Since the idea of clutch is so vague, no matter how eloquently written, or statistically-stuffed an argument is, most fans, bloggers, analysts and GMs alike will never alter their opinions of who's clutch and who's not. That said, over the past 48 hours I've completed the ultimate exercise in futility by compiling every "clutch" NBA statistic since 2000 (12 years).These numbers do not represent the end-all-be-all of "clutchness" in the NBA, because there are still a lot of flaws and missing variables (i.e. not all clutch moments are created equal). The objective here is not to identify who's clutch and who's not, but rather provide a statistical snap-shot of what NBA players have both excelled and failed in certain situations that may be considered "clutch" over the past decade-plus, sample sizes considered. It'd be an added bonus if minds were opened to the idea that Kobe wasn't the clutchest thing since sliced bread and that LeBron couldn't close the lid on Snooki's pickle jar. (I just made both those sayings up, and neither worked as planned, although the LeBron-Snooki one is pretty innuendo-ish. I'm hungry).I gathered all the numbers* from Basketball Reference's shot finder. Without further adieu.*through February 27, 2012
    In gathering the numbers, my goal was to have enough players for comparison's sake, while maintaining large enough sample sizes for the data to be significant. I also wanted current players only, so I left out the retired folk.The first table includes 15 active players who have attempted at least 650 "clutch" shots since the 2000-01 season. Again, for this set, ‘clutch' is defined as "the shots that occur during the 4th quarter or overtime, with less than five minutes remaining, and neither team ahead by more than five points". Playoffs are included."

http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/2...fs-4th-quarter

anther favorite stat of mine is win share i believe the stat was created by bill james in saber metrics analysis for baseball. but it has been developed for the nba. lebron has been first in win shares for his team each of the last four years.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

when was the last time kobe closed out a playoff series?

12 Last