Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8872

Damn....Rome's show really sucks!!!

I'm not talking about his new TV show on CBS. I'm talking about the radio program that at one point a long time ago, really made the work day fly by. Now it's nothing but garbage, and more garbage. If Rome's not kissing ass to some athlete he has on, he's being a total hypocrite to them. Don't get me started about the moron callers, or the idiot e mailers. I have to ask how the hell did his show get so bad? I actually find listening to Rush more entertaining than Rome right now.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

love the smack off.

vic the no cal got dis.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

rome is on arrogante prick

jameswilson799
    jameswilson799's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah many of those are really boring...but some are interesting

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

it was good back before he went national and you're right he is a hypocrite, but not sure you can last in the business w/o being a total douchebag which is what he has become. his show is yet another in a long line of programming aimed at retarded people and those with 2 second attention spans

you ever catch it when he has one of those mafia bookies talking about the evils of sports gambling on and then goes into full slurp mode with the, "i am sitting here in the studio shaking i am so scared". ass kissing like that is just plain pathetic

BUT it is great when he is out of town and jay mohr or the sklar brothers guest host, those shows are good radio

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I use to love his show back in the 90's locally on am 690. Now I would rather listen to other sports shows. I do like the smack off which was last Friday but this year was bullshit. There was like 5 calls better then the one he said was the champ. Was some mma dude that obviously Rome wanted to stroke.

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO

I think the Crap-Off should be named the Fix-Off. No way was that not pre-determined this year. Shawnie The Calvanation actually had a parody of the smack off last weekend, which was way better.

I remember how he always would make up of Jacko, then on the day after he dies; Rome did nothing but kiss his ass. Really? Or all the bumsmack (which is funny by the way). He started that, and fueled all the emails.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

rome radio show is great

i fast forward the athlete interviews on podcast. everything else is great

tv show is horrible

guy makes his money from the radio show

Jeff in richmonds "rocket wife"

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Rome represents Santa Bruta

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

sonnen was good enough for 5th but not the whole thing.

he spent majority of his call bagging on nascar with same tired old takes.... only his basketball take was fresh and funny.

rome asked what he would gain by fixing and all he has to do is google "sonnen smack off" and theres dozens of mma & martial arts sites talking about it. which means thousands of potential listeners who will be tuning in to next years smack-off. and he gets one step closer to being invited to dana whites castle to giving him a blowjob.

been listening to rome since the 90s and hes nothing more than an entertainer who is clueless about anything sports or gambling related. his picks are so awful i call him brock landers of radio.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

"The proliferation of skanks, across the fruited plain."

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

He used to be entertaining, but now it's just the same ol' shyt, it's played out. I really hate those long azz pauses of his, it gets to the point that I think I lost the radio signal. He has nothing new or interesting to say and just fills with dead air.....

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    "The proliferation of skanks, across the fruited plain."

Jeffs the best

http://youtu.be/QZfNihRvUCw

paris hilskank
    lindsay loskank

jeem jeem jeem jeem

terrence from sierra madre is funny too

whole schtick is great
    Last edited by Br0nxer; 05-22-12 at 09:26 PM.

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll agree that any show with either Jay Mohr, or The Sklars is worth tuning into. They're actually entertaining, and funny.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

mohr is ok but too redundant.

just does his david caruso impressions and plugs all day. he did read my email on the air though. well jay....