angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24878

I have him at -180.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

What can you tell me about Marcus? Wrestler?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Very good westler. Know the guy. I was weight above him in college.

Powerful striking as well.

You tube a few of his fights. He should bethe fav IMO.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Pound. Pound. Pound

Vitooch
    Dayman

Will tail

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Think Ben Askren.

JOSHKROTCHNECK
    JOSHKROTCHNECK's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is he not favourite ? Cody Mackenzie is a one trick can. It's a pretty good one trick but the rest of his game is so flawed. He can't much do anything else

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

does he have ben askrens sub defence as well? askren is undef, while this guy has 5 losses?

bjpenn85

im on the wagon here, but i dont have near the same knowledge about him as you do, obviously.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Well ya def hit this at the best price...-115 now

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    does he have ben askrens sub defence as well? askren is undef, while this guy has 5 losses?
    Was talking strait amateur wrestling. Undefeated.

bjpenn85

ok. my play at him @ +160 starts do look real good now.

Libert1ne
    Libert1ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

This was the undercard play I was waiting on! I only caught him at +100.. >.<

I agree he should be a heavy fav. Undefeated div3 college rassler. He's gonna smoke Mckenzie

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3763

I'm not going to touch the current price because McKenzie has 11 subs(all chokes) out of his 12 wins. And Levesseur's biggest weakness just might be getting choked. I must say though... Levesseur won 296 wrestling matches in a row! Holy lord! That's legendary! Put this guy on the Ultimate Fighter! Or send him to Greg Jackson. Greg Jackson could mold this guy into the next Jon Jones. As of right now... I'll wait until his submission defense improves. I'll definitely keep an eye on this guy though. I hope Greg Jackson scoops him up.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 05-13-12 at 06:31 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Probably the reason why this did not go to a 5 unit MAX wager is the fact that this is his first fight with large organization. Doesn't bother me though as this guy knows how to face pressure. I actually hope he keeps the fight standing and pressures Cody with his striking.

Hope to hit this for you guys.

Libert1ne
    Libert1ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheers mate. I've been waiting for this play since they announced the bout!

Crazy that you knew him. He's phenomenal.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Libert1ne View Post
    Cheers mate. I've been waiting for this play since they announced the bout!

Crazy that you knew him. He's phenomenal.
    Same here. Our schools met many times during the season.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Beautiful takedown at 3:16
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

400 on Levessour @ +136

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

He actually beat askren in a high school match...

anyone who says his 155-0 collegiate wrestling record isn't as impressive because its Division III, then you're trippin... 155-0 in at any level is very impressive.

Cardio and sub defense are a concern from what I've read and seen, but really its only the guillotine as we all know that he has to look out for.... Striking isn't great but anyone with mediocre striking should best cody on the feet (unless he's made some drastic changes and has focused on a thing called technique and posture)...

Had my eye on this match for a while and super jealous of anyone that got in on the opener, +160 on BM was ridiculous. Hope he's close to evens by the time he gets on my book. GL backers.

bjpenn85

true. But 155-0 hasnt translated to an undefeated record in mma. submission losses against the best Gchoker in ufc, is a bit scary. I think levessour can stay out, but shouldnt bet the house against cody. A guy with so good chokes doesnt have a bad overall bjj skills, right? He gave yves a lot of problems on the ground a before he gassed or got punished with shots. He took yves back i can remember from a very weird position. Am not an bjj expert at all, but i can say that i have not seen what cody did against yves, in the ufc.

He has probably improved a lot since his last fight also. Not that i know that for sure, is more of an educated guess, but a fighter that has so big holes as cody will, naturally improve a whole lot. If he have, and gave yves big problems, why cant against this dude, in his ufc debut?

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

true. But 155-0 hasnt translated to an undefeated record in mma. submission losses against the best Gchoker in ufc, is a bit scary. I think levessour can stay out, but shouldnt bet the house against cody. A guy with so good chokes doesnt have a bad overall bjj skills, right? He gave yves a lot of problems on the ground a before he gassed or got punished with shots. He took yves back i can remember from a very weird position. Am not an bjj expert at all, but i can say that i have not seen what cody did against yves, in the ufc.

He has probably improved a lot since his last fight also. Not that i know that for sure, is more of an educated guess, but a fighter that has so big holes as cody will, naturally improve a whole lot. If he have, and gave yves big problems, why cant against this dude, in his ufc debut?
    Def not betting the house brother, especially after the ufc on fox 3 disaster! If he starts to move towards more a fav from evens then I might not even play this as there will be better plays on this card imo, especially as odds move in the next day or two.

What I would be concerned about if I'm a Levessuer backer is if cody has finally tuned and tightened up his striking game... Cody hippy bum has cardio for days, will have reach advantage and punches in bunches. However, I don't think his striking has developed and its probably still garbage, and therefore I think lavesssuer has the tdd / wrassling base to keep this upright if he pleases where I think he has the tighter stand up game (but its really nothing special from what I've seen, but def better than cody's striking). And if he is losing on the feet he can def take cody down, but that would be a tad risky as I do agree that cody's all around bjj is solid and very active off his back (I'm hesitant to call him a one trick pony grappler).. Outside of an offensive jitz edge, I really can't give cody many advantages overall in this fight.

However there are some question marks in backing up Levessuer for me, so like you said, def not worth betting the house I think. Opener odds were a gift though and evens are still worthy plays imo. In retrospect after the event, I think this play will prove to be a solid winner and at great odds. But indeed there is some concern and not a degenerate bet the house type of bet GL man.

JOSHKROTCHNECK

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I'm not going to touch the current price because McKenzie has 11 subs(all chokes) out of his 12 wins. And Levesseur's biggest weakness just might be getting choked. I must say though... Levesseur won 296 wrestling matches in a row! Holy lord! That's legendary! Put this guy on the Ultimate Fighter! Or send him to Greg Jackson. Greg Jackson could mold this guy into the next Jon Jones. As of right now... I'll wait until his submission defense improves. I'll definitely keep an eye on this guy though. I hope Greg Jackson scoops him up.
    But its a guillotine. He's only going to hit it if marcus makes a big mistake and dives right into it. He can still take him down easily without worrying about it IMO. It's probably one of the easiest BJJ techniques to the learn the defence against it. If marcus is that worried he can just keep the thing standing because cody has some of the worst stand up in the division. Would be pretty astounded if he catches marcus with it, he has no other way of winning than the guillotine.

Anyone know anything about his fight IQ gameplanning ?

JOSHKROTCHNECK

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Def not betting the house brother, especially after the ufc on fox 3 disaster! If he starts to move towards more a fav from evens then I might not even play this as there will be better plays on this card imo, especially as odds move in the next day or two.

What I would be concerned about if I'm a Levessuer backer is if cody has finally tuned and tightened up his striking game... Cody hippy bum has cardio for days, will have reach advantage and punches in bunches. However, I don't think his striking has developed and its probably still garbage, and therefore I think lavesssuer has the tdd / wrassling base to keep this upright if he pleases where I think he has the tighter stand up game (but its really nothing special from what I've seen, but def better than cody's striking). And if he is losing on the feet he can def take cody down, but that would be a tad risky as I do agree that cody's all around bjj is solid and very active off his back (I'm hesitant to call him a one trick pony grappler).. Outside of an offensive jitz edge, I really can't give cody many advantages overall in this fight.
    I doubt he can improve his striking that much at all. He is one of the most rhythmically challenged fighters in the UFC. I just hope marcus has a good camp and intelligence because that guillotene is deadly. But cody hasnt fought a wrestler this good and it will be a lot harder to hit a guillotene on someone with marcus wrestling credentials because he can explode into the takedown and get his head up and even clear the guard before cody has a chance to lock it in.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHKROTCHNECK View Post
    I doubt he can improve his striking that much at all. He is one of the most rhythmically challenged fighters in the UFC. I just hope marcus has a good camp and intelligence because that guillotene is deadly. But cody hasnt fought a wrestler this good and it will be a lot harder to hit a guillotene on someone with marcus wrestling credentials because he can explode into the takedown and get his head up and even clear the guard before cody has a chance to lock it in.
    Agreed. He can takedown Cody strait into side control if he wanted IMO.

JOSHKROTCHNECK

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Agreed. He can takedown Cody strait into side control if he wanted IMO.
    Definitely. These are blue belt BJJ techniques we are talking about here, the defences for the guillotene is one of the first things you learn. Albeit cody has a somewhat unique set up and grip but its pretty clear what marcus has to do. Just drive his hips past the guard. Thats even if cody has the time, marcus TDs are lightning.

And this is even if he feels like going to the ground. Codys stand up is woeful. I really dont see any advantage cody has in this one. Everything is massively in marcus favour.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I think Cody will avoid being taken down.

This is a hard fight to call... I'm feeling Cody, though. His conditioning was his main problem, and he seems to have fixed that.

JOSHKROTCHNECK

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

This is a hard fight to call... I'm feeling Cody, though. His conditioning was his main problem, and he seems to have fixed that.
    Really ? his TDD has never been any good and he is super unathletic and going in against an athlete. Also he invites being taken down because he loves to try for the sub. If it stands I dont give cody much chance. Marcus stand up is nothing special but its more a case of codys being terrible.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

Will Cody avoid being controlled on the ground and not be left lying on his back the whole fight? Possibly. Will he stuff the takedowns of an undefeated collegiate wrestler with a tremendous strength and athletic advantage? Absolutely not. The question is whether Cody will be able to catch the inexperienced Marcus in a submission while shooting in for an ill-timed takedown.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Cody's stand-up is wild and explosive and ever improving.

Jerseychi
    Jerseychi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

Mckenzie is no world beater, but he is always dangerous. Plus, he's been training in the 209. I expect him to be much improved.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I am really loving The AK Kid now. Only way I see him losing is by close decision. I expect him to get a submission or even a knock out.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

wow i guess i'm late to the party. marcus levesseur is at -115.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Not a smart bet IMO if he's a wrestler he's going to look to take Cody Mckenzie down, when you take Mckenzie down you're susceptible to his guillotine once you're in his guillotine you're ******

1234 Last