ssanders82
    ssanders82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Creating a comprehensive historical system analyzer - your thoughts please!

I'm a web developer by trade, with a Matchbook account. After this NBA season I don't know if I have the temperament to be a bettor

However, I have all this NBA/MLB/NCAA/etc. historical data (spreads + over/unders, scraped from covers.com) and programs that I wrote to analyze patterns. I'm thinking of creating a web application to historically test systems - complete with everything and the kitchen sink, so others could benefit.

Basically, you would choose a sport and then enter all your criteria, e.g., "For NBA games 2005-2008 where the home team had 0 days rest AND the visitor had won 8+ out of the last 10 games AND the OverUnder was more than 210, what % of the time did the visiting team beat the spread?"

And it would spit back, "52.3%, profit of 11 units" or whatever, and you could download an Excel file of all the games that matched that criteria. (I have all this set up but it's local programs, not a website). There would be dozens of variables so you could test to your heart's content.

#1.) Very curious: does anything like this currently exist? I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

#2.) Is this useful, or do you guys like to manually cap each game instead of having a random program tell you just what's worked in the past?

I appreciate all feedback, I kinda feel like a betting failure but it would be awesome to run a site like that if a lot of people used it. Thanks!

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

worthless

shawn226
    shawn226's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Hi Ssanders82 - did you ever get this project off the ground?

Regards
    Shawn

shawn226

I'm referring to your "Historical System Analyzer" idea...

shawn226

Also, just wondering how far back your historical data goes and which sports you have...

Thanks
    Shawn