marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Best Documentary Ever

If you havent watched this you need too.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

good, but i still consider the first "zeitgeist" the best documentary ever

unfortunately people won't watch movies like this with an open mind, people lik naomi that want real debate always get shot down by the media.

why can't we have a one-hour special where 10 scholars that think bin laden did 9/11 debate against 10 scholars that think us/israel did 9/11? if we really had a free country this would've happened within months

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    good, but i still consider the first "zeitgeist" the best documentary ever

Next two were also extremely relevant. And I'm sure part 4, beyond the pale, will be.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will watch later on

marcojuiceman

I love zeitgest... I think I have watched all of them

darkhat

There are 3.. part 4 is gonna be out in like a year.

Also.. Ben Stewert's last two one's are good. Kymatica and Ungrip.

Ungrip is pretty cool cause it deals directly with the whole strawman theory and how to seperate yourself from it. i.e. how all your documents have your name in capital letters because you sign into agreements since 90 percent of laws don't really apply to you when you are born.
    Last edited by darkhat; 05-06-12 at 10:06 AM.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    There are 3.. part 4 is gonna be out in like a year.

Also.. Ben Stewert's last two one's are good. Kymatica and Ungrip.

Ungrip is pretty cool cause it deals directly with the whole strawman theory and how to seperate yourself from it. i.e. how all your documents have your name in capital letters because you sign into agreements since 90 percent of laws don't really apply to you when you are born.
    Huh?

What are you trying to say?

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Huh?

What are you trying to say?

MartinBlank

Those Zeitgeist fans out there-----Michael Shermer of the Skeptics Society took apart the movie in Scientific American. And Shermer listed all deception used in Zeitgeist, including trying to pass of the Madrid bombings as those from London.

Shermer does a good job at demonstrating why loonies, and narcissists love conspiracy theories, and those that scribe to this stuff fit a certain psychological profile. Shermer's work is more fascinating that Zeitgeist.

MartinBlank

Dark---no offense, but I'm not watching it. Can you tell me in 25 words what you meant in your post?

Capital letters? What does that mean?

darkhat

Many people that appreciate docs like zeitgeist, still have an open mind. I don't agree with everything in it, but much of it I do. I believe most things have good and bad. For instance, even if someone disagrees with most of zeitgiest, they should at least appreciate parts of the message about striving toward connection as opposed to separation from others.

darkhat

Dark---no offense, but I'm not watching it. Can you tell me in 25 words what you meant in your post?

Capital letters? What does that mean?
    I can't explain it in 25 words. I appreciate all criticism, and respect you. I'm not looking to get into a debate. I also don't even completely back what I was describing. I just like to try to keep an open mind and look into countless theories people have.

MartinBlank

I can't explain it in 25 words. I appreciate all criticism, and respect you. I'm not looking to get into a debate. I also don't even completely back what I was describing. I just like to try to keep an open mind and look into countless theories people have.
    dark, I didn't mean anything by that. I was just trying to point out that for every "Zeitgeist" out there----there is a compelling examination and critique of conspiracy theories that carry some weight.

The criticism about a film like Zeitgeist is that when you use deception (i.e trying to pass off Madrid as London), it eliminates any credibility the author/producer is trying to establish. You can't have a debate with someone (like the producers of Zeitgeist) if they are going to use deception to make their point.

darkhat

dark, I didn't mean anything by that. I was just trying to point out that for every "Zeitgeist" out there----there is a compelling examination and critique of conspiracy theories that carry some weight.

The criticism about a film like Zeitgeist is that when you use deception (i.e trying to pass off Madrid as London), it eliminates any credibility the author/producer is trying to establish. You can't have a debate with someone (like the producers of Zeitgeist) if they are going to use deception to make their point.
    I agree with what you are saying.. I also have looked into the countless debunking claims. Some have a lot of validity, like the whole madrid thing, and others don't.. Also Peter Joseph never really imagined how big it would get. He made it for some family and friends, and then threw it on youtube and it exploded.

Much of what people saw had been changed later in the reworked version.. i.e...He had some religion errors in there he was unaware of, and Acharya S helped him correct it for the redone version he released after the original. I think much of the original errors could have been more of a mistake than a deliberate deception.
    Last edited by darkhat; 05-06-12 at 11:06 AM.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

It does look pretty good, watching now, will probably have some comments later

Not sure what she is saying yet only 10 minutes in is she saying Bush=Hitler LOL

My favorite documentary is The Rise and Fall Of The Third Reich

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love this and watch it every time its on the history channel. Probably the best all around documentry on ww2 and germany out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    It does look pretty good, watching now, will probably have some comments later

Not sure what she is saying yet only 10 minutes in is she saying Bush=Hitler LOL

My favorite documentary is The Rise and Fall Of The Third Reich

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

best doc. i ever watched was on hbo, how to die in Oregon

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

I think my favorite part so far is where she compares Goebbels 1933 book burning to the Clear Channel taking The Dixie Chicks off regular rotation. Not that she hasn't made some good points, but GTFO of here with some of these parallels.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Without a doubt the best documentary I've ever seen is The Power of Nightmares from 2004.

The films compare the rise of the Neo-Conservative movement in the United States and the radical Islamist movement, making comparisons on their origins and claiming similarities between the two. More controversially, it argues that the threat of radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organised force of destruction, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is a myth perpetrated by politicians in many countries—and particularly American Neo-Conservatives—in an attempt to unite and inspire their people following the failure of earlier, more utopian ideologies.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

So basically just all bull shit then? liberal conspiracy theorists are just as bad as neo-cons are.

anyways, just doc. will change your life. and how you view how to die.

really powerful doc. on five dying patients, and their struggle through terminal cancer. And eventully at least one of them, takes the prescription assisted suicide (death with dignity) medicine,.

darkhat

The power of nightmares and how to die are both good docs for sure. I never saw that history channel one though. Have to check it out.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

darkhat it is excellent

Much of the footage is from vacationers some is still banned in Germany

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

thanks , over a hour to much info here

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Frontline's most recent episode ( a two parter) called Money Power & Wall Street was about the best doc I've seen this year.
    The Collapse, which is 3 - 4 years old now was also eye opening.
    The one that Matt Damon narrated, that was nominated & I believe won an academy for best doc was also good.
    Is Zietgiest associated with Alex Jones?

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Frontline's most recent episode ( a two parter) called Money Power & Wall Street was about the best doc I've seen this year.
    The one that Matt Damon narrated, that was nominated & I believe won an academy for best doc was also good.
    No zeitgeist (peter joseph) and alex jones are totally different, and in fact hate each other because they both propose different solutions and think the other is wrong.

Peter Joseph believes there should be a resource based economy and our entire system needs to be changed along with the complete removal of the monetary system.., alex jones believes in the system and just thinks we need to stop the elite and shut down the federal reserve etc.. Peter Joseph believes there should be no seperation, and all countries should be one and take care of each other. Alex Jones believes America needs to be seperate etc.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

At least they both have proposed solutions. I much prefer watching docs like that rather than ones that just repeat the same stuff we already know.
    The Collapse with Michael Rupert is likr that.

darkhat

the majority of the people just watched the first zeitgeist which he made with no real intention besides showing his family and friends. The last couple of years he has moved on and only tries to discuss the solutions he believes. His biggest thing is wanting every human to be able to have food regardless of money, and also he cares about us not destroying the environment.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

It sounds good in theory but, Im afraid there might be too many of us now.

darkhat

You could be right, but ultimately he believes technology is suppressed by the monetary system. If there wasn't a monetary system in place, we could use our current understanding of technology to create an abundance of food. However, with a monetary system abundance goes against it's profit oriented scheme, which is why scarcity obviously drives up prices.

If oxygen wasn't in abundance naturally we'd probably charge people to breathe.
    Last edited by darkhat; 05-06-12 at 03:05 PM.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I'll be in the garage with the car running!

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Need to check out his website http://collapsenet.com

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Inside Job - must see to get a better idea as to what lead to the 2008 collapse. Blames both sides, so it doesn't get a lot of citing during debates.

The Corporation - even if you just watch the part where Fox fired Jane Akre and Steve Wilson for exposing the risks of Bovine Growth Hormone (something other countries had banned).

Enron - Smartest Guys in the Room. Watch how much money was stolen from California, then remember that next time people blame Grey Davis or Arnold for 100% of the mess.

MartinBlank

The 2008 meltdown had little to do with being a democrat or republican.

Michael Lewis' "Boomerang" and "Big Short" are apolitical and describe how the mess can to be, without laying blame on either political party.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Zeitgeist is absolute garbage. It's entertainment and nothing more.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Zeitgeist is absolute garbage. It's entertainment and nothing more.
    In theory it depends what you mean.. There have been 3 films and they cover a billion different topics. It know longer deals with conspiracies.. They have former harvard professors etc discuss human behavior.

12 Last