bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Manny made Cotto fight him at 147lbs. Floyd not only moved up to 154 for second time in his career, he also agreed to wear the 10oz gloves instead of 8. Odd that powerful Cotto wanted bigger gloves.
    manny couldnt even fight him at 147.....he made cotto drop to 144......it was oscar he fought at 147 even though oscar hadnt fought that low in like 7 years

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Manny made Cotto fight him at 147lbs. Floyd not only moved up to 154 for second time in his career, he also agreed to wear the 10oz gloves instead of 8. Odd that powerful Cotto wanted bigger gloves.
    Damnit. I was *just* about to drop an "inb4 sbr_lou says" (insert all of the above BS here) - LOL. A few notes: He fought Cotto at a catch weight of 145. Cotto had *one* fight at 154 before this, before that fight he was at 147 and not considered a big welterweight. Cotto has never said he was weakened by the weight. Floyd did. And those of you who drink Floyd's protein shakes will of course simply repeat him like the monkey he was hoping for.

Manny's easier time against Cotto than PBF is well worth mentioning. It's about styles. Do you not realize Manny could fight Cotto at 154 and beat him just as badly once again?

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post

Manny's easier time against Cotto than PBF is well worth mentioning. It's about styles. Do you not realize Manny could fight Cotto at 154 and beat him just as badly once again?
    I don't think it would be as bad. It would probably go the distance. Cotto got lured into a firefight with Manny and got hurt so bad in the 5th that he never recovered, In a rematch he would box more, wouldn't get into any heavy exchanges and Manny would beat him....but it wouldn't be as bad as the first fight.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Damnit. I was *just* about to drop an "inb4 sbr_lou says" (insert all of the above BS here) - LOL. A few notes: He fought Cotto at a catch weight of 145. Cotto had *one* fight at 154 before this, before that fight he was at 147 and not considered a big welterweight. Cotto has never said he was weakened by the weight. Floyd did. And those of you who drink Floyd's protein shakes will of course simply repeat him like the monkey he was hoping for.

cotto had one fight at 154 before this??? what?

Prettygirl
    Prettygirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I appreciated

nothing else needs

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post

I misspoke by a whole 3 pounds. You said something glaringly inaccurate --- where on earth did you hear that Cotto has only fought two fights at 154??

Either way, great victory for Floyd and the circumstances around his fight with Cotto and Manny's were obviously different. I'm hoping the fight gets made for the fall or around New Year's. I'm also hoping Floyd agrees to fight Manny at whatever weight Manny desires, because I'd like there to be no excuses after the fact.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    He had three fights, whoops. But weight wasn't an issue in any of them. He moved up to fight undefeated Yuri Foreman and take his belt b/c there was nowhere else to go at 147 and Yuri was obviously going to get outclassed - had nothing to do with not being able to make 147 anymore. Next he fought Mayorga at the same weight for money. Nothing wrong with that, but that was the reason. And of course he fought Margarito who could no longer make 147 (he's much bigger than Cotto). Moving back down to fight Manny did not drain Cotto. Cotto did not look drained for the fight and Cotto has never once indicated that he was drained. FLOYD is the one who is saying that for not-so-hidden of reasons. The fact that his fans repeat it loudly after he struggles with Cotto is *hysterical*

First 12