ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Subject is terrell suggs... not terrell suggs coach... kid is just trying to be a smart ass, ill just jump in talking about the steelers since there a football team, and rivals with the ravens.... if it was a thread about bounty program, and cheating then it would make sense to talk about spy gate... nice try though ..
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    Whats the subject? Football? Are the patriots a football team? Does Suggs play for the ravens? Did the ravens coach make comments about the patriots this week?

Or is the subject basketball since its rumored Suggs was playing hoops?

Hahahaha .....sweet

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    there is no point trying to have a semi-intelligent conversation with ignorant Patriots fans... never ends well... last time I tried I ended up telling the idiot to go suck Tom Brady's c0ck after about an hour of frustrating debate.... I just saved myself an hour
    What was ignorant about my post? Everything I said was true, and Goodell himself said the tapes may have been collected within the rules. This means its not against the rules to tape signals...

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Back on topic, a lot of players say they can come back... dangerous to come back to soon though could tear it completely, and be out longer
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    On topic- Suggs said he thinks he can return mid-season, that it was a partial tear, and that he isn't on crutches but is having surgery next week.

Per ESPN

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

What was ignorant about my post? Everything I said was true, and Goodell himself said the tapes may have been collected within the rules. This means its not against the rules to tape signals...
    You are defending their cheating ways... find one other NFL team,or fan of another NFL team that would agree with you... I think you'll be looking for a while...

Back on topic - I don't think Sizzle will play this season.... Cant **** around with Achilies, even if its only a tear.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    You are defending their cheating ways... find one other NFL team,or fan of another NFL team that would agree with you... I think you'll be looking for a while...

Back on topic - I don't think Sizzle will play this season.... Cant **** around with Achilies, even if its only a tear.

So it was cheating, even tho the commissioner himself said it could've been within the rules, the rule itself wasn't clear at all, and it is now allowed by the league. Do I have that right?

Laughable. PS- Jimmy Johnson said he did the same thing, as did other coaches, because they felt it was within the rules. Does that work for you? Other coaches saying they did and thought it was ok?

Suggs probably won't play this year, just thought it was worth mentioning his thoughts on the injury

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Local radio here had a foot/ankle surgeon on said 6 months is a realistic window for a normal person to recover. And Wally Williams, former Ravens o-lineman, was on and said he tore his achilles and came back and played 6 months later.

Suggs is a freak of nature, so I don't see why he couldn't return in late November. It will be up to him though. Could see him itching to come back and play, but could also see him make a business decision to sit out until next year, which I think is what most players with that kind of stature/pay grade/job security would do.

Also, the Patriots are cheaters and Boston is white trash

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

basketball's a dangerous sport, football players shouldn't play it, period.

SpreadSniper

"Belichick stated that he believed that if footage so collected was not used during the game, its collection was legal, as the NFL Constitution and Bylaws stipulate that "...any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited...including without limitation...any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."

"In a September 2006 memorandum sent out by NFL Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson, though, all teams were told that "videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

So as long as they didn't actually WATCH the tape they made earlier DURING the game it wasn't cheating?!?!?!? What a pathetic excuse... If you know the defensive signals you know the play that is about to be thrown your way and can make pre-snap adjustments.

"On September 13, for the "use of equipment to videotape an opposing team’s offensive or defensive signals,"[3] Belichick was officially fined $500,000 — the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's then-87-year history,[19] and the maximum permitted under league rules. The Patriots were also fined $250,000, and stripped of their first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft"

That was one expensive slip of interpretation, wasn't it??? The team can claim ignorance all they want.... the fact remains they cheated, were caught and fined appropriately....

The only person you cheat when you cheat is yourself... Pats found that out as their "Dynasty" will be forever tainted and filled with questions of "what if?"

So it wasn't cheating?? They were just SOOOO good that Goddell decided to dole out some of the harshest penalties ever in an effort to level the playing field?

Makes it easier to chuck 50 td's in a season if you know the defense's play before they even get set.

rsnnh12

"We wanted to take and destroy that information," Goodell said. "They may have collected it within the rules,but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

Hmm. So Goodell said that it may have been within the rules. That means the taping of signals was never against the rules. If it was, there would be no "may have been within the rules" in his statement, it would be clear cut. The penalties were more for making Goodell look bad, and for him to show everyone who was boss.

This was last year. The NFL said it was within the rules. So much for videotaping from the sidelines being a big deal, right? The only difference between this incident and what the Pats did is this guy is wearing a green vest, agreed?

Thoughts?

SpreadSniper

I can agree to disagree.

Pramii
    Pramii's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Ravens D is gonna suck without Suggs.
    No pressure on the QB

Nflmikes
    Nflmikes's Avatar Become A Pro!