dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

CHECK IN if you are limited or banned from SIA (zeta, mathy, hareeba, etc.)

Other than the obvious, how did you guys do it? I assume it's mostly picking off stale odds and slow-moving lines but there must be some other tricks?

When exactly did they limit/ban you? Was it a certain winning amount? Or perhaps how long you'd be winning for? Maybe I can run hot but at a low level and extend my stay? Or should I just cream them and move on?

I was talking to a sharp buddy the other day who said he wish he could open another account at SIA after being booted twice... Can't be that easy so what do I need to know? What are the tricks of the SIA trade?

How are the live opportunities? Too much juice?

What about overnight lines? Who runs the show there?

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

If you don't get limited at SIA you should not be gambling.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    If you don't get limited at SIA you should not be gambling.
    I never posted up because I always heard bad things... but I needed a book to go pro with so I can get a room at the bash. I settled on SIA.

If it's THAT easy, how are they still in business?

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8125

I was banned after one bet, joke of book.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got limited years ago after about 15 bets.... they are a joke and I'm not even allowed to play there at all anymore

Jimmer Fredette
    Jimmer Fredette's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7069

I was limited after winning about 4K

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Was kicked off after 2 months playing there.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

yeah i saw they had off numbers so i arbed them with matchbook. about 2 dimes on each side per arb. i ran my balance up to 8K in total, and then once i took a payout i was limited to $100 on everything the next day.

my advice: bet way under the max limit ($1000) to fly under the radar. $300 is a good max unit size.

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

Pounded off lines for max limits.

Profit ~12k, don't think they would have caught on as quick as long as I didn't w/d... once I did a w/d I was limited to 10% of max limits the next day.

They paid it all to me though once I sent in all the documents they requested. So legit book imo.

Pro Tip: Please don't waste a brand new SIA account by arbing

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by sapidoc View Post

Pro Tip: Please don't waste a brand new SIA account by arbing

How big did your edge have to be sapidoc?

sapidoc
    oddsfire

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post

How big did your edge have to be sapidoc?
    I was betting everything that had an edge. NFL limits are the highest on SIA... 2200 iirc, but college and totals are like 800 / 400 or something. I'm way below my full Kelly at those #s so it wasn't an issue of weather or not to bet the edge.... I would just hit every game that was greater than Pinny's vig-free.

I forget which game it was, but just this past season Pinny had something like Packers -6 -105 and SIA had like Packers -7.5 -120 I think it was the largest edge I saw last season.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

How volatile was it? I feel like maybe I should actually invest in this. I only deposited $200 so I could become bro and get a room at the SBR bash but it sounds like I should have done this a long time ago...?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

One of the worst sites to deal with.
    The conflict of interest that arises from SIA & the Kanawakke Gaming commission is insultingly obvious & I don't know why anyone would play with them.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    One of the worst sites to deal with.
    The conflict of interest that arises from SIA & the Kanawakke Gaming commission is insultingly obvious & I don't know why anyone would play with them.
    I know we beef so I mean this genuinely... but clearly all the people in this thread who say they've been limited have done so because they were winning. However, no one has complained about not getting paid.

Sounds like a winning combination to me.

Tonight, I played the top three edges:

Orlando +10 [1.91]
    San Diego [2.00]
    Houston [2.10]

Not much to write home about.

sapidoc
    oddsfire

How volatile was it? I feel like maybe I should actually invest in this. I only deposited $200 so I could become bro and get a room at the SBR bash but it sounds like I should have done this a long time ago...?
    If you can afford it, invest lots and hit every +EV spot for the max. I saw your OLG thread... think of this as a similar situation, but you don't need to parlay anything and you tend to have much larger edges. I didn't get to make it to MLB season, so can't really say what the edges are for that, but NFL was printing $ for me.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

If you can afford it, invest lots and hit every +EV spot for the max. I saw your OLG thread... think of this as a similar situation, but you don't need to parlay anything and you tend to have much larger edges. I didn't get to make it to MLB season, so can't really say what the edges are for that, but NFL was printing $ for me.
    You'd be surprised at the edges I can pull with the provincial corps... Up to 30% sometimes! Parlaying does suck though.

Do you think I could withdraw a little bit more steadily? Or just go ahead and try to smash them and run it up as high as possible and withdraw?.... I guess I can worry about that bridge when I cross it.

sapidoc
    oddsfire

You'd be surprised at the edges I can pull with the provincial corps... Up to 30% sometimes! Parlaying does suck though.

Do you think I could withdraw a little bit more steadily? Or just go ahead and try to smash them and run it up as high as possible and withdraw?.... I guess I can worry about that bridge when I cross it.
    Your best approach is to run the account up as much as possible. I think you will still get flagged eventually, but if you w/d consistently and win they may flag & restrict your account sooner. If I could do it over I would not have withdrawn until I got limited.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

True. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to have to be patient and wait for decent sized edges. No need to rush things.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Your best approach is to run the account up as much as possible. I think you will still get flagged eventually, but if you w/d consistently and win they may flag & restrict your account sooner. If I could do it over I would not have withdrawn until I got limited.
    I Have Had many accounts. Consistent winning on a new account will get you limited very quickly. Doesn't matter the amount or if you are depositing withdrawing alot.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    my advice: bet way under the max limit ($1000) to fly under the radar. $300 is a good max unit size.
    Bet dogs there for about four months at around $25 a game. Never requested a withdrawal and arbed my cash out of there on several occasions. Banned from betting sports.

When they banned me I told them I never intended on cashing out and would rather let Pinnacle pay me out. I asked them reinstate my account on those grounds - they said no.

Soon as you show you will value bet them all the time, they ship you out.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

i too am looking for a book to go pro with...it MUST work well with Moneybookers=Skrill...

How is SIA for MB deposits and especially withdrawals?

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    i too am looking for a book to go pro with...it MUST work well with Moneybookers=Skrill...

How is SIA for MB deposits and especially withdrawals?
    I'd suggest SIA or Bet365... Moth give good bonuses and are exceptionally weak. Don't know about moneybookers, I use |nstad3bit or CC

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

sia is solid,
    they booted me after i had run up my balance to around 11 000 $,
    i did not bet more than 200 there and i never made a withdrawal until i got limited,
    reiceved the money quickly within a week after all my docs were confirmed

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Did you guys use Kelly to size your wagers? 1/2 Kelly?

Did you just go with the edges you liked most?

Duff85

Did you guys use Kelly to size your wagers? 1/2 Kelly?

Did you just go with the edges you liked most?
    I was betting between half and 1/5th Kelly depending on the market and betting everything on the board.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Duffy where do you play now??

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

you guys are many years too late. they limit euro style now.

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Duffy where do you play now??
    Got accounts with most of the Aussie books, then Will Hill, 5Dimes, Pinny, BetFair, Cris. Prob run through getting limited at a few of these Euro books soon.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meckis View Post
    I was banned after one bet, joke of book.
    Plommer was limited after clicking the "confirm wager" button trying to place his first bet at SIA.

At least you got your bet in - plommer was given the heave ho before his first bet!

soccerkewl37
    U
    soccerkewl37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 904

Cheated there live system took em for a few k before got completely banned from live betting only. They are slow to take down lines like next to score goals for hockey and who will score last in the half for nba. Free money . Always been paid on the bets unless it was a mistake line they put up for example a + instead of a - on a value.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I have had account here here like 7 years lost small money at the beginning of my career then stayed away becasue of fear they were not safe in the process of trying to run my money up now. Always been a little confused how they do business though because people talk about they have great dog lines but they do not open them that way too much it is just they move off of square action and then I guess ban the people who come back on the other side seems weird?

How much is the most money you think it is safe to have on there?, I was going to hopefully try to win until bets get cut or banned so far nothing though I am probably not even up that much lifetime but have a pretty big balance from deposits so should be able to win a lot i think.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Start a thread.
    Show your ever increasing balance & post some chat logs from the staff.
    Would be nice to see what the limits are with these crooks!