ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Why Are Overnight Lines So Important?

I hear a lot of guys beefing about overnight lines. What's so important? Is there an added benefit to this?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

if you make your own lines or handicap games early you can usually get a better # overnight before joe pub moves the line thats why limits are so light on overnight lines

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Consistently beating the closing # = consistently winning..many times lines will shift 10-20 cents overnight...

If I'm betting $500 on a +120 and that line drops to +100 by early morning, there's a $100 loss.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    if you make your own lines or handicap games early you can usually get a better # overnight before joe pub moves the line thats why limits are so light on overnight lines
    I would think that you would want joe public to move the line. Joe public is usually the square side. No?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I would think that you would want joe public to move the line. Joe public is usually the square side. No?
    yes they are but as post 3 stated you can save yourself or make yourself extra $$$$ on the over nights if you believe in your own handicapping abilities. joe pub is not always the square side. winning gambler wants value. ex you can get green bay on monday @ 6 but wait till sunday after the public pounds them you get it on sunday at 8 or 8.5 much better value early in the week