QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Question with a situation with bookie.

Okay basically, Im a line watcher, I usually make my decision 5 min before the game start.

The story is my local book, has missed my plays for 3 time already, Im sucked into like almost 800 bucks i could of won.

Like i put in my bet at 3 55 for this game today, and he text me 12min later after game has started, saying the bets didint go through....

I find it bs, and i will not be using him no more.Like it a big disadvatange when they get to see the situation of the game, then can call off bet... Like i cant cancel my bet if i see the the hawks dominating and im on botson vice versa.

LOng story short, Still owe him $120. Should i pay and then say im done or **** it... I should of won my $250 bet today..... BEside onlien book payout are fast these days too....

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Stiff him imo... but then again is $120 really worth potential conflict with the guy.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Duffy, I did payout for 1g before.... And in the past, I had him confirm some games, after the fact my pick getting blown out... I can't cancel..... Iunno. I find it really shady... I mean if it happens once, twice... Okay... But three or more... YOur job is a bookie, No way you should mess up on you job at a high percentage-tile.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

lol you always have a new story about some crazy stuff going down

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quanger stay away from bookies

You could end up in hot tub with him

Things like this do happen

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

what kind of fukkin bookie is this? quang is there one thing in your life that isnt ass backwards?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

quang can i start holding your plays you dumb fuk?

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

I would NEVER play with a book that accepts my wager prior to the game starting then cancels it for ANY reason. The 1st time they did that to me is that last time I would ever make a bet with them.

With that being said, pay up and cut ties immediately.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

pay what you owe

if he told you after the game was underway that you had no action more than once, and you still kept playing there, shame on you
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: secretstash

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Start bitching and tell him you arent going to pay. See what he says.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by NSN21 View Post
    I would NEVER play with a book that accepts my wager prior to the game starting then cancels it for ANY reason. The 1st time they did that to me is that last time I would ever make a bet with them.

With that being said, pay up and cut ties immediately.
    i think the problem here is that the play isnt ever accepted

i'm wondering how he gets his plays in....calls in to an answering machine?

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

report him to the police. then to the IRS and BBB. Stay away!

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

This is 2012...
    Call in or have a site...

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fool me once shame on you.
    Fool me twice shame on me.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, I know. It ridiculous. Been with this bookie since, awhile back. He just started doing this shiet to me. I dont like geting takign advantage of. Ill be even honest, my season with him this year bball, Im down like $300, I lost to him 1.6k 2 month ago, i paid him. However, That shady, waiting to see the game for 10-15min and then letting me know. dont think it my bookie, it the place he works for. but that just bad buisness... It only -120, but this stuff today pissed me off really bad.... i should be up +130.....

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    Yeah, I know. It ridiculous. Been with this bookie since, awhile back. He just started doing this shiet to me. I dont like geting takign advantage of. Ill be even honest, my season with him this year bball, Im down like $300, I lost to him 1.6k 2 month ago, i paid him. However, That shady, waiting to see the game for 10-15min and then letting me know. dont think it my bookie, it the place he works for. but that just bad buisness... It only -120, but this stuff today pissed me off really bad.... i should be up +130.....
    Explain the situation to me in more detail.

You said you got your bet in... did you text him or call and leave a message or what?

If you texted him, maybe he didn't check the messages until later. You need to either establish with him that you need an immediate response back to confirm or any sent text = a confirmed bet.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    Duffy, I did payout for 1g before.... And in the past, I had him confirm some games, after the fact my pick getting blown out... I can't cancel..... Iunno. I find it really shady... I mean if it happens once, twice... Okay... But three or more... YOur job is a bookie, No way you should mess up on you job at a high percentage-tile.
    Totally agree with you bro. That's why I said stiff him. At the same time maybe this one might just be worth throwing $150 at or whatever and setting off on a clean break.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Explain the situation to me in more detail.

You said you got your bet in... did you text him or call and leave a message or what?

If you texted him, maybe he didn't check the messages until later. You need to either establish with him that you need an immediate response back to confirm or any sent text = a confirmed bet.
    It was a text, but he was responding to my text with the line, So he was there. Unless a space rocket drops a rock on him....N they only do text, for safety reason.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Totally agree with you bro. That's why I said stiff him. At the same time maybe this one might just be worth throwing $150 at or whatever and setting off on a clean break.
    Im just really mad. I was gonna double up on the clips tonite too, But I just dont like to deal with bs....

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one here wants to see you mashed into an eggroll over a coupla dollars....just pay your debts and move on.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

stop gambling...you are horrible at it and entirely too young to be blowing your money this way...go find a chick and waste money on her... as far as the book...fukk him, donate your money somewhere else...jmo ...gl

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    pay what you owe

if he told you after the game was underway that you had no action more than once, and you still kept playing there, shame on you