mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Best thing about MLB 2012...

Piniella joining the cast of YES.

Tired of commentators pulling punches and just complimenting everyone. People want to hear it like it is.

Watching Yankees v Rays was great yesterday, then so disappointing listening to the square Angels homers talking about the weather and having nothing to say about the game.

Could you guys imagine Corbin doing a game? He would just be talking about which posters had which side, and how long it's been since he got laid.

mathy

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

sweet lou

hope that sneaky mexican doesn't steal someone's wallet

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

During their broadcast of Game 3 of the 2006 American League Championship Series, Piniella was commenting on player Marco Scutaro who had struggled during the regular season but was playing well during the series. He stated that to expect Scutaro to continue playing well would be similar to finding a wallet on Friday and expecting to find another wallet on Saturday and Sunday.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Associated Press

DETROIT -- Fox baseball broadcaster Steve Lyons has been fired for making a racially insensitive comment directed at colleague Lou Piniella's Hispanic heritage on the air during Game 3 of the American League Championship Series.
    The network confirmed Saturday that Lyons was dismissed after Friday's game. He has been replaced for the remainder of the series by Los Angeles Angels announcer Jose Mota.
    Piniella had made an analogy involving the luck of finding a wallet, then briefly used a couple of Spanish phrases during Friday's broadcast.
    Lyons said that Piniella was "hablaing Espanol" -- butchering the conjugation for the word "to speak" -- and added, "I still can't find my wallet."
    "I don't understand him, and I don't want to sit too close to him now," Lyons continued.
    Lyons claimed he was kidding.