zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

how has Neftali Feliz numbers been in ST? IMO moving him to a starter is a disaster.

why move this guy to the rotation when he has the potential or if not already one of the best closers in the game? why risk stretching his arm out and ruining him forever? ALA Joba Chamblerain. these closer to starter roles hardly ever work out well. Plus Feliz has major control issues, facing a ML line up 4 times in a game he is not going to get by on just his fastball alone like he can closing.

I haven't looked it up so what are his spring training numbers so far and do you like this move or hate it?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I hated him as a closer. He screwed my bets several times.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Texas has a history of success doing that though with Mike Maddux as pitching coach, first CJ Wilson, then Ogondo.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If he is one of your better pitchers, then its a waste using them as a closer.

Closer roles are for failed starters, and Feliz has yet to fail.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    If he is one of your better pitchers, then its a waste using them as a closer.

Closer roles are for failed starters, and Feliz has yet to fail.
    often closers are in that role cause they only have 1 or 2 quality pitches. feliz throws his fastball prob the most of any pitcher in the league amd struggles with command badly with his others. hes going to be suspect to getting rocked going thru a line up 3 to 4 times

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Bard and Feliz will be interesting stories this year. Bard has to succeed, and Feliz can fail. Ranger have depth in their rotation, and the Red Sox have no room for error.

zoo youk

still nada on his numbers? mainly interested in his whip. i doubt hes gone morw than 5 innings

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I will know it tomorrow. Found a site that compiles pitchers SP stats. But he only shows them on the day they pitch. You said he is pitching tomorrow?

zoo youk

i have no idea when hes pitching?

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

he was a prospect as a starter. he was just closing because they didn't have anyone else. he was always meant to be a starter.

closer is the most overrated position in baseball. it is better to not have your best reliever closing because it has become a designed role. most savvy managers and GMs no this. they want their best reliever to bring in during high leverage situations.

the joba thing is all because of how bad the yankees managed him. he had really good starter stuff. they just screwed him up by jerking him around.

but to answer your actual question. i think feliz is struggling with command, but that was a problem when he was pitching in the 9th anyway.