BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Anyone bet at a book where they keep the change from winning bets?

Actually,they keep the change from any bet placed which is worse.If you are a cheapskate and don't care about wasting your time,on parlays you keep entering the size of a bet so winnings would land on even zero dollar payouts.And then the odds change against your favor tinkering around and you say the hell with placing the bet.No kidding,there are books out there that are either too cheap to get software to breakdown dollars or they are crooked and figure over a course of a year they can make 50 grand doing this.

Anyone know of books that do this?I know state racing commissions let horse tracks do dime breakage where the track pays out to the lowest dime amount.No decimal in favor of the house betting sucks!
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 03-23-12 at 11:23 AM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

my local i believe keeps the change. i dont ever do parlays but i have combined lines on a few bets (e.g. minus -1 nhl) and i think i got shorted around 40 cents or something insignificant like that. doesnt come up enough for me to care about to be honest.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Change? We're talking about change?

Common now

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Bet Islands doesn't deal with change, they will round it off. If you want to win $25, you will risk $28 instead of $27.50. So it can work for you as well: To win $14 you will risk $15, instead of $15.40.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

No clue

If your fukkin worried about change maybe its time to find a new hobby

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    No clue

BrOnxer........why do you have a pic of Billy Baldwin and his grandmother in your avatar?

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Youwager tried to steal 78 cents off me. Its not that I need the 78 cents, it is that it is not their money so they can fukkk off. I had placed a scalp that had left just 78 cents in the account and they just took it leaving me a balance of 0.00 USD. I then went on to live chat who tried to tell me there was nothing I could bet for 78 cents so they took it. I replied what about when I reload? After about five minutes of painful chat with them they agreed to re-credit the missing money when I re-deposit. Scamming fukks. I wonder how many people they pull this on.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Change? We're talking about change?

Common now

Business as usual ...

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

sorry Iam lost.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    No clue

i am not worried bout the change either.. and I happen to like 1vice and betislands who both round the change which is based on their software.

BUT....

to say that its a stupid thought to worry about or they need a new hobby is just ignorance at its worst.

lets say the book ALWAYS rounds down (which is the case for bout 50% of these no change books).

avg 50 cent loss per play over 3-5 plays a day, over 5-7 betting days a week, over 40-50 betting weeks a year, over forum avg 3-10 yrs betting as a "hobby".

U basically just lose 4 X 6 X 45 X 6.5yrs X $0.50 per play = $3,510 to date for an AVG bettor or even 540$ a year in betting wasted... so if u got that type of money laying around send it my way brah

keep in mind if u been betting as a Super Lifer for years and ur a degenerate who bets 10-15 games a day.. oh boy. we are talking 15 X 365 X 15 yrs X .50$ = $41,000!!!! How bout dem apples?

Once again.. ignorance is what is wrong with your "get a new hobby" statement.

-stash
    Last edited by secretstash; 03-24-12 at 12:43 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Harmy G gave secretstash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: icancount2one

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a big deal. Books that use software that rounds the change are making mucho dinero this way. I refuse to play at books who don't have software that can add/subtract cents. It's not about the money for me but more so about the principal. I quit playing at Betislands for this very reason.

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

1vice is the worst at this. A bet that supposed to pay 99.99 goes to 99 and a wager costing 99.01 would cost $100.

DrIn$entive
    DrIn$entive's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Bet Islands doesn't deal with change, they will round it off. If you want to win $25, you will risk $28 instead of $27.50. So it can work for you as well: To win $14 you will risk $15, instead of $15.40.
    "Small Change" really adds up. Couldn't someone place 100 of these bets if they wanted to get down $1500 to win $1400, instead of risking $1540 ?

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Imdeed someone could, if they have the free time & don't mind the extra work involved.