GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Geno's Picks for the Sweet 16 NCAA tourney... NC State +8, Marquette -1.5... and more

Hey hoopsters—pardon the 60’s lingo but I am gearing up for the return of Mad Men this coming Sunday night—how about that opening weekend of the tourney? I don’t know what was more surprising; that for the first time ever we saw a pair of #15’s knock out #2’s, or that I actually hit THREE of my four picks. That’s right, Geno’s Picks continues its hot hand in 2012 as my 3-1 week now places me at 13-7 (65%) ATS in college hoops, so let’s get to who daddy likes this coming weekend in the sweet 16.

As always, the picks are below and I always go into further detail in my weekly Geno’s Picks Podcast, but for goodness sakes give yourself four and a half minutes today to enjoy this video and please don’t be shy with the feedback.

Cincinnati +7.5 vs. THE Ohio State University
    Yes, Ohio State has looked impressive in Big 10 play, especially in Buford’s Buzzer beater to split the Big 10 title three ways—but all that really did was awaken Tom Izzo’s not-so-sleepy giant that is the Spartans who this guy has winning his entire Legend’s Bracket. Anyone who has followed me this year knows I love the Big East and the Bearcats last loss was in that very tourney to Rick Pitino’s Louisville Cards who are also still playing this weekend so look for Yancy Gates and Dion Dixon to answer every shot and every boards as the powerful Buckeyes. And while OSU has an extremely balanced attack led by Player of the Year Candidate Jared Sullinger and stud guard Aaron Craft; if we’ve learned anything about guys nicknamed “Sully”—they tend to cut things close at the end.
    Cinci +7.5

Marquette –1.5 vs. Florida
    While many had Florida ousted in the opening round at the hands of UVA, the Gators not only handled them but went on to pummel Norfolk State as Billy Donovan’s team suddenly looks like the team that won back to back titles in 2006 and 2007. While that pair of past titles is nice, the Golden Eagles currently have a pair of studs in Jae Crowder and Darius Johnson Odom who—despite the fact that the Gators boast a backcourt as deep as any Kardashian’s—it is the play of elite players like Crowder that will finish them at the end as Tim Tebow won’t be the only Gator packing his bags and moving on this weekend.

Marquette –1.5

Baylor –6 vs Xavier
    Baylor has six losses on the year and they are all to fellow Big 12 teams—three to Mizzou, twice to Kansas, and once to uppity Iowa State. But they have made every other conference their bitch and now the Musketeers of the Atlantic 10 come to face them. I mean no disrespect to the Xavier, who boast the highest scoring point guard in the country in Tu Hollway, but to more than offset him the Bears have TWO Quincy’s—Miller and Acy—in the frontcourt along with Perry Jones III and these guys are unlike anyone the X-men have faced thus far in Notre Dame and Lehigh. Putting out money on the X-men’s third game will be a lot like putting out money for the X-men’s third movie. Either way you find yourself saying, after watching the X-men the first two times, I should have seen this flop coming.
    Baylor –6

NC State +8 vs. Kansas
    The Rock and Chalk of the Jay Hawks narrowly escaped with a win versus Purdue last weekend and now—with Duke eliminated and the Tar Heels wondering who can get hurt next—they face arguably the best ACC team in the tourney right now in the #11 seeded Wolfpack. NC State has only onbe loss in their last seven games—to the ACC Champion Tarheels. Had they beaten them in that tourney, who knows where they would have been seeded. CJ Williams and sophmore Lorenzo Brown are leading the hottest team in the tourney that may only be slowed by the fact they have to wait til Friday to play this game. But regardless, they definitely give the Jayhawks a run for their money and this game will end like many a day in the Midwest as a man walks away from a court saying “they sure didn’t look like they were eleven.”
    NCState +8

BichyWayne
    BichyWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Nice write-ups Geno!
    What do you think about 'Over' the Total on the Gators/Golden Eagles game?

Best of Luck in the Sweet Sixteen!

GenosPicks

Don't usually go with totals.. but if you're asking me and had t pick one... i'm thinking UNDER 145half... thinking the Golden Eagles get a lead at the end and The Gators aren't used to playing from behind of late and tehy certainly aren't used to playing teams of the Big East's caliber...

Thanks for the read.. hope you took a watch.. i have fun with these vids. And Lemme know any picks you like,

oh and follow me @genospicks on Twitter

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

never fukkin heard of ya pal

BichyWayne
    BichyWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Appreciate the heads-up and I'm gonna take your advice about the Total...
    I'm a rookie in this but I'd always loved and played basketball and I think Wisconsin has a chance to win outright, it would be a slow, hard fought game with the Badgers pulling the upset; Melo will be missed here IMO... What do you think?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14733

Apparently you're huge on the Big East, where do you put Louisville & the Orange?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Usually I see these vids of these fahgs that SBR puts up (special guests and what not) and they almost always suck ass.

I like the interviewer guy with the mustache (he's off and on with the mustache... who is that?). Anyways, he's good. Not bad in my book.

Anyways, I started to watch this vid and I had the same feeling of dread... like, oh shit, here-we-fuckking-go-AGAIN!!!

But, I gotta tell ya, I like this guy. Like his style, too. And I gotta tell ya.... every fukking one of his picks looks dead-on solid.

MRQ -2
    NCS +8 and SU
    CINC +8
    BAYL -6

He's dead-on right about Xavier. Beat a collection of scrubs and was actually losing by 18 to Lehigh.

Dude is going at least 3-1 here.

KnowingNothing
    KnowingNothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

I like them all, backed up well too. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes 4-0 :P BOL. All over Marquette.

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    never fukkin heard of ya pal
    LOL... you must be an agent up here in NYC.. none of them have eitehr.
    Who do YOU like this weekend buddy???

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by BichyWayne View Post
    Appreciate the heads-up and I'm gonna take your advice about the Total...
    I'm a rookie in this but I'd always loved and played basketball and I think Wisconsin has a chance to win outright, it would be a slow, hard fought game with the Badgers pulling the upset; Melo will be missed here IMO... What do you think?
    see that's just it and why i didn't want to touch this game.. obviously they were WOEFUL in the opening round against UNC Asheville without Melo as that caught them unprepared.. and i watched the KState game and they looked outmatched but not as badly.. the question is will they adjust or will they absolutely falter against Wisconsin's big men??? No doubt it's gonna be a great game and would be shocked if it wan't a close one.. but at the end when they start fouling.. that 4 point cover just becomes a crap shoot so i am staying away... gun to my head.. i go Syracuse -4 this game when Wisc starts fouling at the end...

THOUGHTS???

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    Usually I see these vids of these fahgs that SBR puts up (special guests and what not) and they almost always suck ass.

I like the interviewer guy with the mustache (he's off and on with the mustache... who is that?). Anyways, he's good. Not bad in my book.

Anyways, I started to watch this vid and I had the same feeling of dread... like, oh shit, here-we-fuckking-go-AGAIN!!!

But, I gotta tell ya, I like this guy. Like his style, too. And I gotta tell ya.... every fukking one of his picks looks dead-on solid.

MRQ -2
    NCS +8 and SU
    CINC +8
    BAYL -6

He's dead-on right about Xavier. Beat a collection of scrubs and was actually losing by 18 to Lehigh.

Dude is going at least 3-1 here.

DUDE.. thanks so much... one of the coolest comments ever now let's ride this feel good karma comment and sweep these four brotha!!!!

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by GenosPicks View Post
    LOL... you must be an agent up here in NYC.. none of them have eitehr.
    Who do YOU like this weekend buddy???
    Syracuse, Marquette, Louisville

Salud guy

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Apparently you're huge on the Big East, where do you put Louisville & the Orange?
    see my above comment to BichyWayne... 'Cuse scares me.. not sure if they adjusted to life without Melo or just got lucky that Jamar Samuels was out for that last KState game... but at one point KState was shooting like 20% but had so many offensive boards they were still in it.

use that info any way you'd like.. i just can't seem to make heads or tails of it...

THAT SAID I KNOW I AM GOING TO WANT TO LAY SOME COIN ON THIS SO PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by KnowingNothing View Post
    I like them all, backed up well too. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes 4-0 :P BOL. All over Marquette.
    THANKS BUDDY.. LOVING YOUR ROY AVATAR!!! Didja notice i'm wearing a Phillie's jersey in my Geno's Picks opening montage. ;-)