Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The Vinny Del Negro death watch is on.

Give Jerry Sloan whatever he wants and get Vinny out of there. The team on offense is pretty much whatever Chris Paul can come up with and nothing else. No movement. Nothing!

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

You got that right buddy. Clips cost me a lot of betpoints tonight

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Defense is worse than the offense. But yea I knew Vinny was a BS coach halfway through last season when the Bulls took off directly after Vinny's departure. Thibs excuting with the same players Vinny had.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Defense is worse than the offense. But yea I knew Vinny was a BS coach halfway through last season when the Bulls took off directly after Vinny's departure. Thibs excuting with the same players Vinny had.

....and don't forget. The Bulls are still paying Vinnie not to coach for them.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14876

Have felt the same way. You get Chris Paul and try to turn things around, but still keep Del Negro coaching?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

It's not vinny's fault. No one can do anything as a clipper coach worth a damn.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Del Negro is a horrible coach

I don't watch many Clippers games so maybe its different.

but in Chicago, coming out of timeouts.... especially late in the game, i've never seen a coach draw up more stupid plays in a lifetime as he did in a few years.

so thankful I don't have to see anymore Del Negro plays drawn up featuring Rose imbounding to brad miller for a last second 3 or drive to the hoop

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    It's not vinny's fault. No one can do anything as a clipper coach worth a damn.
    Completely untrue. There is no communication/sync with the players on the court. sometimes it seems they don't know where to go, or what to do. That's the coaches fault.

You can't tell me Griffin and Paul are below-average IQ players, they're not, especially Paul.

If he can't run plays, I doubt he's doing what great coaches do, which is to scout teams and exploit their weaknesses. Or there's a communication gap between what he wants and what the players are doing.

Not just that, look at Griffin's mechanics. Bad. Didn't his FT % get worse this year?

TBH: I don't know how Del Negro is an NBA coach. I looked on Wiki and he's an ex-NBA Spurs player, but besides that, what qualifies him? What's with ex-spurs becoming coaches? Is there a conspiracy? TBH: i'm not impressed with Avery Johnson either, but they keep their jobs, year after year.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

first and foremost, blake needs to shoot 1000 fts a day. he needs to smooth out his jerky shot at the line...

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Yep- but it's the Clipper organization did you really think they could go through a season with out an incredibly bad move?

Oddly enough this was decided the moment they hired him- just took a while to become obvious for anyone who didn't expect this.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

clips 4th place in the west.....

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I'm a big Clippers fan, and everyone I know wants to get rid of Vinny Del Negro. And there are a lot of nice candidates out there, Jerry Sloan, Nate McMillan, Mike D'Antoni, and I even think Larry Brown might listen to an offer.

A coaching change might help team morale for a few games, but they've got so many issues. Tonight they shot 45% from the free-throw line, I'm not sure a new coach is going to change that.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Indy beat Portland by DD and then Port went to NY on a b2b and got blown out. After the game Portland fires the coach.

Indy beat Clippers by DD and go to OKC on a b2b. Del Negro fired after blowout ??

If an inefficient, self-doubting, sloppy team rolls into OKC they get blown out

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Indy beat Portland by DD and then Port went to NY on a b2b and got blown out. After the game Portland fires the coach.

Indy beat Clippers by DD and go to OKC on a b2b. Del Negro fired after blowout ??

The Clips did beat OKC after losing on the first of a back to back earlier in the season so who knows about tonight.

The thing is, the Clips have never gone "all in" before this year. I can't seeing them going down with this coach and these players.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i'm telling you, blake misses crucial fts and that does more to a team's morale than del negro. the clips would be down 5 and blake's on the line to shoot two. he bricks both, the other team gets the rebound and gets an easy layup at the other end. that's a 4 point swing and instead of making the game a one possession game, his missed fts often make it a 3 possession game. i see this happening time and time again at end of games. i don't like his form with that flicking the ball motion. he needs to develop a better touch. he's shooting 54% from the line. he has no excuse for that garbage.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

This could be a good team for Phil Jackson to come back with or even the loser Dantonio because he creates offense

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Athletic bigs aren't expected to be great free throw shooters in the league these days. I know del negro seems like nothing but a lame duck puppet as HC yet no one is talking about cp3. I understand the guy has a high game IQ and is one if the best pgs today but u can't ignore the way the games are played with Paul at the helm. Even when he was in norl, the games were usually pretty close and down to the final seconds.

I'm not pointing fingers or assigning blame between del negro or Paul or whoever but just stating facts. If anyone has seen a clippers game this yr its a whole lot of standing around while Paul dribble the air out of the ball with a random BS high screen from deandre or Blake or Evans etc

Most of Paul's assists come from logs to athletic bigs dating back to Tyson chandler in norl and spanning to now. I don't see Paul running the offense with any sort of organization whether its his fault or not. He may in fact be a superior talent that is uncoachable, he did after all get Byron Scott canned before norl became terrible while Paul demanded a trade, who knows but its becoming apparent that del negro is a fool and cp3 is way overrated if anyone considers him in the same class as rose or deron.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    This could be a good team for Phil Jackson to come back with or even the loser Dantonio because he creates offense
    PJ will be coaching the Clippers next year, bank on it.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    PJ will be coaching the Clippers next year, bank on it.
    Ya possibly since d'antoni replaced by woodson and doing well

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

phil aint coming out of retirement for the clippers.

blake griffin is def not a clutch ft shooter or clutch at the end of games for that matter. can anyone name a single clutch shot hes made? i sure cant.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Jerry Sloan as coach would be a great move by the Clip Joint.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Clippers are completely overrated. Not sure it's all on the coach.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Clippers play no defense. The Bulls played no defense when Del Negro was the coach also. They need a new coach.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

man the clippers got the brakes beat off them...they need a new coach bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

donald sterling kinda cheap so look like vinny will be there next year

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Anyone backing them tomorrow against NOH?

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

vdn doesn't look safe if clips don't win tomorrow either

TheSituation559
    TheSituation559's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys expect? Team is garbage. No floor spacing. Nick Young might help but the Billups loss was huge. All 4 of the big men on this team have the same thing in common. NONE can shoot and NONE can make Freethrows. All they can do is dunk. Team sucks. I would fade the rest of the season

Bluehorseshoe

I sent a tweet to Bill Simmons two days ago and here's what happens today....

Report: Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro on ‘super-thin ice’
    PUBLISHED 1 hour and 15 minutes ago
    LAST UPDATED 23 minutes and 47 seconds ago
    Staff report Sporting News
    Text size A A A

Los Angeles Clippers Vinny Del Negro coach could become the next NBA coach to be fired, Grantland’s Bill Simmons reports.

“Heard today that Vinny Del Negro is on super-thin, could-go-any-day ice. A blowout loss in OKC tonight won't exactly help,” Simmons wrote on Twitter.
    Vinny Del Negro's Clippers are 4-6 in their last 10 games. (AP Photo)

The Clippers lost to the Thunder, 114-91, in Oklahoma City on Thursday night, and their season continues to go in the wrong direction. L.A. was 15-7 before losing Chauncey Billups to a season-ending injury on February 6; they are 11-13 since.

Oklahoma City “had its way with the Clippers,” the L.A. Times writes, as the Thunder shot 53.8 percent from the field and 40.9 percent (9-for-22) from 3-point range; outrebounded the Clippers, 49-31; and outscored L.A. in the paint, 44-22.

Frustration in the Clippers' locker room is evident.

"Our overall approach and everything to the game has to be better,” Del Negro said, per The Times. “That's what is disappointing to me. We have to do a better job of being in the moment from the get-go and not waiting to get into the game."

Added Chris Paul, "I don't know the answers. We've got to figure it out. It's getting to be a little bit embarrassing."

Simmons suggests two factors that could mean Del Negro’s survival: Clippers owner Donald Sterling “is too cheap to pay for 2 coaches,” and it makes little sense to hire an interim coach for a playoff contender.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...#ixzz1prSQtxmg

Bluehorseshoe

Has he been fired yet????

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

This loss may have sealed his fate.

AntDaAZN
    Check Spreadsheet for my plays.
    AntDaAZN's Avatar Become A Pro!

So who's gonna come in to coach for the Clips? D'Antoni maybe? Don't think either Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson will come out of retirement to coach anymore.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

If clippers get another great player. I can maybe see Phil Jackson coming back v

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

The writing is on the wall. Del Negro is on the way out. When the players don't want you coaching you gotta go.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

What a terrible loss tonight

12 Last