JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

When Abreu tried to intentionally miss that free throw, Ohios big guy Keeley came over and grabbed the rim very briefly, isn't that a violation that would result in 2 pts? or no?

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    When Abreu tried to intentionally miss that free throw, Ohios big guy Keeley came over and grabbed the rim very briefly, isn't that a violation that would result in 2 pts? or no?
    Or would this just result in a violation and the ft would count, which it did?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I just watched Cooper's first free throw attempt again on replay. It was rushed and his motion looks different from his other free throw attempts in the game, and it wildly hits the back rim...

Wow...

shaq diesel 75
    shaq diesel 75's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cooper was trying to miss the 2nd free throw, you could see Ohio's coach yelling at his players that he was gonna miss it and be ready to put pressure on. Can't believe that kid from Akron made it when he was trying to miss it, I believe in point shaving, refs favoring sides for buddies who gamble, and coaches trying to cover spreads at the end of games, etc. Unfortunately this was just real bad luck for us Ohio backers.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by shaq diesel 75 View Post
    Cooper was trying to miss the 2nd free throw, you could see Ohio's coach yelling at his players that he was gonna miss it and be ready to put pressure on. Can't believe that kid from Akron made it when he was trying to miss it, I believe in point shaving, refs favoring sides for buddies who gamble, and coaches trying to cover spreads at the end of games, etc. Unfortunately this was just real bad luck for us Ohio backers.
    I thought the same thing on first glance. I understand the missed 2nd free throw.

however, his first attempt looks NOTHING like a free throw attempt from earlier in the game, and that first attempt was also badly missed, the kind of shot attempt you'd expect from a free throw shooter like Shaq, he basically rushed it, just chucked it up, badly off the rim.

I'd be shocked if there weren't some other questions about Cooper's shots at the end. Why would he care so little about making the first free throw? Everyone wants to pad their point totals in a situation like that and he might as well have pulled a Michael Jordan and closed his eyes with the effort he put into it.

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I thought the same thing on first glance. I understand the missed 2nd free throw.

however, his first attempt looks NOTHING like a free throw attempt from earlier in the game, and that first attempt was also badly missed, the kind of shot attempt you'd expect from a free throw shooter like Shaq, he basically rushed it, just chucked it up, badly off the rim.

I'd be shocked if there weren't some other questions about Cooper's shots at the end. Why would he care so little about making the first free throw? Everyone wants to pad their point totals in a situation like that and he might as well have pulled a Michael Jordan and closed his eyes with the effort he put into it.
    Every year there's alwys one team that fuks ya over. Every gambler has that one arch nemesis that costs them a ton of money and it seems like whoever you bet with em or against them you can't win. For you, this year, it's Ohio...

Sucks I know. We should've covered. Just a sick beat

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by therocket View Post
    I'll never take +-1.5 again. This sucks. ML next time. I will learn from this crap losss.
    thats proof that you should take the +1.5. i would much rather have that +1.5 instead of a few extra bucks...

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Who legit lost on -1.5(ohio), since Im a drunk asshole who bet the ml. I was gonna give my points to the t/s but he aint a pro so I would love to 'lessen the sting' for someone else.

As miniscule as points are...
    Last edited by macoeric; 03-10-12 at 11:57 PM.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by macoeric View Post
    Who legit lost on -1.5(ohio), I was gonna give my points to the t/s but he aint a pro so I would love to 'lessen the sting' for someone else.

As miniscule as points are...
    Wager Type : Spread (or run line)
    Wager Status : LossRisk / To Win Amount : 941.85 / 833.50(USD)
    Accepted : 3/10/2012 4:51PM - PST

Lost : 941.85Sport / Period : NCAA Basketball / Game
    Selection : Ohio
    Time : 3/10/2012 5:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1½ -113
    Game Notes : [ESPN2] TIME CHANGE...Mid American Conference @ Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland, OH (CHAMPIONSHIP)

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I know it's probably not a fix here, but the MAC is the most corrupt conference in all sports.....Football is even worse

I cannot believe that happened, I almost took Ohio too but luckily I didn't

3 or less just take the ML.....too much dumb shit can happen

First 123