jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Horse Racing Tip

Bet one track only for entire meet
    When over QUIT

Don't listen to asshole that say shop around

When you concentrate on one track for entire meet you learn a lot about everything which increases your chances of winning

The less bets you make at a racetrack they greater chance you have to win

Listen to me as I have a major clue

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

somewhat true but probably only 3 races a day are bettable at a given track. not enough action for the normal horse player. makes more senses to buy daily racing form and pick out 7-9 playable races at major tracks. implement a strict doctrine as to field size and type of race you should play.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

You just learn this Mike?

Common now

Gemoka
    GIBBONS
    Gemoka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

anywhere free that has the cards and speed figures?

freelife1
    freelife1's Avatar Become A Pro!

cool thanks jj

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

suk a mountain of c o c k needle dick

jjgold

Simulcasting has killed the usa player
    All I do is try and help

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

jj the best horse tip i ever got you might have still been at mw was the 36-1 shot mr falcone posted from a thorn right around christmas time that fukker made everyone over there a boatload after that i quit the ponies lol

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Damn JJ.

I am impressed.
    That's solid.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Take Hay List on Saturday.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Will take note coach.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Good advice coach...Limit your bets ultimately means limiting your losses. Pick your spots and discipline is so key

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

Thanks ,its hard but TRUE!

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

i totally agree with you...i see these nuts betting every track ..at a minute to post ..no matter where ...they rush and make there plays.....i sit back and just say ..im getting my track rake back little at a time....what they lose ..helps you with your horses odds...its impossible to play....you need to stay with a couple of tracks and know the horses and replays.....and that takes a lot of time....i used to go to the track with my pop...sometimes he wouldnt make a play...when he did ..he had to send a runner ...people waited for him.....your right.....know your horses not every horse
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bet one track only for entire meet
    When over QUIT

Don't listen to asshole that say shop around

When you concentrate on one track for entire meet you learn a lot about everything which increases your chances of winning

The less bets you make at a racetrack they greater chance you have to win

Listen to me as I have a major clue

jjgold

I just notice lets say I buy form for Aqueduct and only bet that track for the day I do have winning days..you need the 20 or so minutes to evaluate everything and stick with that track for the entire meet, look daily at the jockey and trainer standings, the post positions winning and breakdown of who is winning meaning odds wise

Now different opinions about whether to be straight or exotics

The only instance where your betting multiple tracks if you live in Europe and use auto betting software at betfair where many races guarantee a profit whoever wins although that is for advanced players like WTF

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

the problem is that in 2012 the field sizes have shrunk making it non-viable to bet just one track. how many 5 horse fields do you want to play at aqueduct if restrict yourself to only that track. there are 2-3 every day (except sat. usually) there has to be a middle ground. don't bet every track but restrict yourself to 10 bettable races at 2-3 tracks instead of betting all 30 at 3 tracks.

harthebar

I DONT KNOW HOW ANYONE CAN BET WITHOUT SEEING A REPLAY..OF THE LAST RACE...I MEAN YOU CAN HAVE A HORSE WHO RACED IN THE DERBY ..COMES BACK AFTER 5 MONTHS ...EVERYONE WILL BET THAT HORSE THEY DONT CARE....AND I THINK ITS CRAZY BETTING A HORSE AFTER A LONG BREAK....IT HAPPENED..I SAW A HORSE WHO RACED IN THE DERBY ..NOW HE IS 4...WENT OFF AT FAVORED http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...try=USA&race=5 ....BUT I WAS ALL OVER A HORSE ..NAME WAS CLOSE TO THE VEAT...WIRE TO WIRE ..PAID LIKE 20 SOMETHING...WILLIAM YOUGANOUS GOT HI,M FIRST OR SECOND RACE...I BELIEVE IN REPLAYS....THEY TELL ALL...BUT YOU CANT DO EVERY TRACK....YOU WILL BE LUCKY TO HAVE A PENNY
    I just notice lets say I buy form for Aqueduct and only bet that track for the day I do have winning days..you need the 20 or so minutes to evaluate everything and stick with that track for the entire meet, look daily at the jockey and trainer standings, the post positions winning and breakdown of who is winning meaning odds wise

Now different opinions about whether to be straight or exotics

The only instance where your betting multiple tracks if you live in Europe and use auto betting software at betfair where many races guarantee a profit whoever wins although that is for advanced players like WTF

Hanger
    NCAA '10 59.45% | 129-88-5
    Hanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    the problem is that in 2012 the field sizes have shrunk making it non-viable to bet just one track. how many 5 horse fields do you want to play at aqueduct if restrict yourself to only that track. there are 2-3 every day (except sat. usually) there has to be a middle ground. don't bet every track but restrict yourself to 10 bettable races at 2-3 tracks instead of betting all 30 at 3 tracks.

I have to agree with what you say here. I also enjoy playing more than 2-3 races a day however....I limit myself to a a max of 3 tracks a day. With that said, you should be able to pick your spots for anywhere from 4-13 races on a basic Thursday or Friday. I also watch a lot of people play every track at the OTB with minimal handicapping. Most of them, playing .50 Tri's or Exactas boxed 9 different ways. It is comical to me. I played by watching the money at post and seeing the flow, and fared indifferently. I just didnt like the pressure of staring at the screen for the odds, the pools and then racing to the window.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

You can grind out a decent amount if you live at an OTB or spot bet. but if youre looking to get a big score just play numbers. Other than on major race days like the 3 triple crown races, breeders cup day and a few selct prep races you cant handicap yourself into big pay offs. The handle just isnt there. Even out here in Cal where they can handle 5-8 million the pay offs are ridiculously small for 'logical' combinations.

Most guys make mistakes by playing too many exotics, most dont have a basic understanding of pay offs. if you like any horse better than 2-1 you should play it to win, maybe WPS if youre into that thing. But keying 5 and 6 to one shots in pick 3s and 4s and tries and exactas is just dumb.

Singling a 14 dollar horse in a pick 3 that costs you 50 bucks and it wins and you dont cash anything youre just a retard. 50 to win on it rather than playing a pick 3 gets you back 350. So you need basically double that to make it worth it, which you will now is possible by the odds of the horses you used. If you have him coupled with shorts odd ML horses youre just wasting your time.

Most people have to learn HOW to gamble at the basic level worrying about how many tarcks to focus on is quantum physics to most guys.

Hanger
    NCAA '10 59.45% | 129-88-5
    Hanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    You can grind out a decent amount if you live at an OTB or spot bet. but if youre looking to get a big score just play numbers. Other than on major race days like the 3 triple crown races, breeders cup day and a few selct prep races you cant handicap yourself into big pay offs. The handle just isnt there. Even out here in Cal where they can handle 5-8 million the pay offs are ridiculously small for 'logical' combinations.

Most guys make mistakes by playing too many exotics, most dont have a basic understanding of pay offs. if you like any horse better than 2-1 you should play it to win, maybe WPS if youre into that thing. But keying 5 and 6 to one shots in pick 3s and 4s and tries and exactas is just dumb.

Singling a 14 dollar horse in a pick 3 that costs you 50 bucks and it wins and you dont cash anything youre just a retard. 50 to win on it rather than playing a pick 3 gets you back 350. So you need basically double that to make it worth it, which you will now is possible by the odds of the horses you used. If you have him coupled with shorts odd ML horses youre just wasting your time.

Most people have to learn HOW to gamble at the basic level worrying about how many tarcks to focus on is quantum physics to most guys.

Great points wantitall!! Exotics and pick 3s break a lot of people's BR! Although I did watch a guy hit 10g's today on pick 6 at Gulfstream lol I didn't bother to see what he had tied into it.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Hanger View Post
    Great points wantitall!! Exotics and pick 3s break a lot of people's BR! Although I did watch a guy hit 10g's today on pick 6 at Gulfstream lol I didn't bother to see what he had tied into it.

10G for a pick 6 is criminal, but that brings me to a point I missed, carry over pools can be worth taking shots at. But be forewarned that if youre playing chalky tickets even that wont save you, SA had a huge carryover and over 2 million in a pick 6 pool and it game back a little over 5500.

I have had my fair share of decent pick 6 tickets but we pooled together and spent a bit of money. Biggest ticket I ever hit alone was a twin tri for just under 50K, and even then I had one of 5 or 6 tickets. But they dont have twin tris anymore simply because theyre too hard to hit and they go on forever and people lose interest in them even with big potential.

I used to basically live at tthe track from the tie I was 15 until a few years ago (missed a couple years in there for the obvious reason). But I saw a lot of guys who could actually handicap and had a basic understanding of horses but couldnt cash a fixed race because they didnt know how to bet. While seeing those 3K tris and 10K supers is fine, having 40 to win on a 40 dollar horse only requires one thing, him getting there, and even with that type on top to hit one of those big ones you need 'illogical' horses underneath.

I like the track, I like standard breds mostly. But they cheat so bad that without the info it is throwing darts and hoping. But I take a day or 3 down at Del Mar and go to Santa Anita a couple times a year. Also hit up the fairs once in awhile if I am where they are. But it is hobby more than anything these days even for the old timers.

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia is the closest horse racing state to me. I can drive 2.5 hours and be at the closest OTB site.

If I lived in a state that allowed horse racing I would go to horse racing school and learn all I could about the sport. I love math and many sucessful handicappers become actuaries and vice versa.

I would have a TwinSpires account and this would become my FT job! I would spend a ton of time handicapping and find 3 or 4 races a day and then play them very aggresively !

I would love to become a Horse Handicapper and do this for a living.

Go to YouTube and input FullCardReports and start listening to John. I like his style

PS... On the other hand and just for research reasons, I played the bottom 2 horses and sometimes 3 or even 4 in about 25 races 2days ago. I lost everyone so betting on the long shots is just that A PHUCKIN LONG SHOT

jjgold

think race replays do have some value
    Of course to make big scores you have to play numbers but that is pure luck

Exchanges like Betfair have lots of value even for American Racing but we cannot play there

wantitall4moi

think race replays do have some value
    Of course to make big scores you have to play numbers but that is pure luck

Exchanges like Betfair have lots of value even for American Racing but we cannot play there
    theyre trying to scam their way into california but horsemen arent having it

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by Gemoka View Post
    anywhere free that has the cards and speed figures?

BetAmerica.com is an excellent site with videos too.

harthebar

i have to jump in this....at gulfstream the pick 3-4-5 the payouts are great.......you know what...if you like a horse in the pick whatever..it worth a few dollars to play it.........the payouts are great........not like aqueduct.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanger View Post

harthebar

is it free...can you sign up from jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    BetAmerica.com is an excellent site with videos too.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

It's free but not sure what state restriction they have. They have free race replays on video.