HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

How will the new Marlins stdium effect their home game totals?

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

I haven't looked into it at all yet, but I will for the start of the season and do a vid report on it, but my sense is probably it will promote unders. I assume they will close the roof for hot and humid nights, not just for rain, but we'll see.

As the sabermetrics guys always say though, it usually takes more than a season to get an accurate read on a stadium, although indoor stadiums are much more predictable

with the roof closed, we'll probably get a great read on the stadium quickly

open, it may take a lot longer and be a LOT more murky - humidity will be a big factor

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Name:  field_dimensions_649x162.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  20.5 KB

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

No more random rain delays, though.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

White membrane of roof reduces the Heat Island Effect. Heat rays are reflected instead of absorbed. The heat island effect occurs in urban areas where a high percentage of heat-absorptive surfaces, like dark roofs, parking lots and roads, retain the sun's heat, increasing the temperature of the surrounding area.
    -- MLB.com

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Wow, CFer gonna need some serious range, especially shading towards right center. All things being equal jacking one out to right center will need to be a shot, plays well to speed and extra bases though...Reyes should get a bundle of triples. Looks pitcher friendly on the surface, speed in CF and RF will be a big plus for covering a lot of territory, time will tell...........

abe74
    abe74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4481

We'll have to wait and see what the jet stream is like inside the stadium the first few series, even though that may not come into play as much with the retractable roof. Tough to tell how a stadium will play just by dimensions alone, but man that is a big CF though.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

37,000 seats?

what the fukk?

must be nice and cozy, which is great. but don't they cut off huge revenue w/ fewer seats???

like a smaller stadium though. do it tight and do it right

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

The place reminds me of Safeco, with the weather, and dimensions.

I think it will be an under park

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Early batting practice reports are that with the roof open and the left field breezeway panels closed, balls flew outeasily with the jet stream to left field. When the left field panel down, the wind, if any, will be blowing in, obviously aiding the pitchers. Having air conditioning (& Miami rain) the roof will probably be closed for a huge majority of the games.
    During the regular season, the home team gets to decide the roof & panel status will be open or closed to start the game. If they start open, they can only be closed in the event of inclement weather. The league gets the decision in the post season.