jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by slapster33 View Post
    LOL, glad you don;t have kids, i can see you now stuffing your fat head with hamburgers, ya fuk the children, there to young, your a waste of air
    Back off now tough guy

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I always root for my kid to win.

His team sucks so I usually spike the other team's cooler with magic mushrooms to ensure victory.

It's tough being a dad sometimes, but when you are a local tout for little league soccer, you have to do what you have to do.

Business as Usual.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I'll be guilty of it. Our 2 year old has a little soccer ball and cones and when she is kicking it around and misses more than 3 of 5...she has to run laps (only a circle about 20 feet wide but it's getting her in the mindset)

Winning isn't everything...it's the ONLY thing

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

I used to pay my kids a dollar everytime they got on base when they were younger. It paid off because they became so aggressive at sports that I fully expect all 3 to have some sort of scholarships.

Now I just make sure they have really good equipment instead of paying them for performance.

jjgold

Let's face it if your white you'd chance of a scholarship are extremely rare

Scholarships are Rare anyway, such a small percentage get them

Too many parents live In a Fukkin dream world

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I agree part here.

The white thing really doesn't apply to baseball or softball. Those are strickly based on performance. Also you have to be lucky to have your kids invited to showcases where scouts from colleges put them through drills.

There are actually a crapload of scholarships IF your kids get great grades and I mean 3.75+, which I am lucky 2 of my kids have. My oldest has crappy grades but can throw the ball 90, which is a easy scholarship at least at a state (junior) college. He will also get drafted probably very late, which my agreement with him is if he gets drafted very late like this he owes me 2 years in a juco and then he can try to go pro.

You are dead on with parents though. I see parents pushing their kids really hard when their kids are below average talent. Then the kids grow a dislike of the sport and don't give it that effort in practice that makes you better. Parents ruin their kids.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i am scorekeeper for my son's baseball games

one time i was yelling at the kids to run with bases loaded and 2 outs on a fly ball. of course the guy dropped it and dude was out at 2nd because he wasn't running.
    so a know-it-all mom read me the riot act (her son is terrible). i said "maybe you want to raise a loser but some of us aren't happy with sitting back and losing without trying your best"

went right over her head whoosh

milwaukee mike

so i agree there is way too much pushing on the part of some parents and way too much complacency on the part of others.

it is supposed to be fun, and it is usually more fun when kids try hard and occassionally succeed

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Most if not all Canadian kids who play NCAA hockey are on scholarships JJ. The majority of players in NCAA hockey are Canadian.

jjgold

Puckles good point

Forget USA as far as playing hockey

We suck

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

You Yanks are finally catching up to Canada JJ. More Yankee born kids are being drafted in the NHL. Some of these kids are also half Canadian, but they are born in the U.S.

JJ are we ever going catch a Leafs/Devils game in NJ? What's the status of my iPhone?

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i used to umpire little league and referee flag football in high school

so many classic stories, flag football was far worse from parents though

called a pass interference penalty in the super bowl once and the coach immediately told me to go fuk myself. starting swearing under his breath so i threw the flag at his feet. guy ran up to me and was about to clock me in the face then i walked off the field threw him out of the game for dropping the f-bomb in a game with 12 year olds and then the fathers on the sidelines called me an asshole douche after the game they lost and half the parents came up to me to make fun of me, even a couple mothers thought i was gonna get mugged in the parking lot but thankfully made it out alive

milwaukee mike

iced i like your avatar

i watch harry potter movies just to see her (sick huh?)

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

No your not wrong! I remember those days. Shoot I umpired a few of my kids games. Well u know what that means. Lol

Enjoy it they grow up fast!
    Last edited by pimike; 02-29-12 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spell

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    You Yanks are finally catching up to Canada JJ. More Yankee born kids are being drafted in the NHL. Some of these kids are also half Canadian, but they are born in the U.S.

JJ are we ever going catch a Leafs/Devils game in NJ? What's the status of my iPhone?

Puckles those phones are outdated

Puckles I hate hockeyother than to bet it

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    iced i like your avatar

i watch harry potter movies just to see her (sick huh?)
    mike i love the harry potter series and I love Emma Watson (hermione in the series) even more.. read all the books and seen all the movies I'm a nerd emma watson is pretty close to perfect but for some reason she cuts her hair short a lot and i hate short hair

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

I never thought talking to her on changeovers was rude, she walks right past me on the way to the dugout and on her way to bat, I will just give some encouragement and tell her to keep her head in the game.
    Points Awarded:

PuckOff gave Cheme82 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PuckOff, and The Kraken

luvtogamble
    luvtogamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5459

coached little league baseball and basketball for over 10 years and saw a lot of parents acting like idiots. nothing wrong with being in game and fired up for your team or child but always display good sportsmanship.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Cheme82, you're the best looking guy here. No need for you to be anything other than peaches and creme, all the time. Best of luck to you

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Thanks, same to you.

First 12