usma1992
    usma1992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

My philosophy: Laws of Nature...

My belief and philosophy of the computer programs I have developed, I believe to be quite different than anyone that I have read about or seen. Most believe that you wait for a statistical advantage in a few games and either bet them large or weight them appropriately.

I believe differently. I believe that inherently there are certain Laws of Nature that hold true in sports. That outcomes will ultimately be determined by this. And that over the course of the season these laws will hold true more often than not. Of course, you have nights and weeks that you lose. But over the course of the season, not only do you win, you win big. And the most important piece is that your risk is diverisified. If you have a bad day or week. It doesn't destroy you.

I believe that I figured out in 2010 that I have determined the Laws of Nature for college basketball. I have since fine tuned them. Are they guaranteed? Obviously, not. But my results from 2010 and 2011 have been very good.

I have stopped betting spreads in college football, college basketball, and NBA. I only bet the over/unders. The reason being is that the Laws will not hold to true for any given team, but they will hold true for the dynamic of the game.

How the game reacts is what I'm trying to predict... the two teams are irrelevant.

Dave
    P.S. I have posted tonights picks for college basketball. U can't pick and choose what you like...U bet them all and play percentages. I will post until the first two days of march madness. I will include Pros also once they begin again. The only problem I have with pros is that I only have this season worth of data.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

Quote Originally Posted by usma1992 View Post
    My belief and philosophy of the computer programs I have developed, I believe to be quite different than anyone that I have read about or seen. Most believe that you wait for a statistical advantage in a few games and either bet them large or weight them appropriately.

I believe differently. I believe that inherently there are certain Laws of Nature that hold true in sports. That outcomes will ultimately be determined by this. And that over the course of the season these laws will hold true more often than not. Of course, you have nights and weeks that you lose. But over the course of the season, not only do you win, you win big. And the most important piece is that your risk is diverisified. If you have a bad day or week. It doesn't destroy you.

I believe that I figured out in 2010 that I have determined the Laws of Nature for college basketball. I have since fine tuned them. Are they guaranteed? Obviously, not. But my results from 2010 and 2011 have been very good.

I have stopped betting spreads in college football, college basketball, and NBA. I only bet the over/unders. The reason being is that the Laws will not hold to true for any given team, but they will hold true for the dynamic of the game.

How the game reacts is what I'm trying to predict... the two teams are irrelevant.

Dave
    P.S. I have posted tonights picks for college basketball. U can't pick and choose what you like...U bet them all and play percentages. I will post until the first two days of march madness. I will include Pros also once they begin again. The only problem I have with pros is that I only have this season worth of data.
    I will follow you into hell, you magnificent bastard.

usma1992

BTW: I'm not promoting a site

etc... I am merely looking for feedback to make my system better.

Any advice would be nice.

Thank you
    Dave

usma1992

Thank you.... Johnson... I am not sure i know how to take that... Sarcasm... you believe in what I'm trying to do ... etc...I hope I'm going uptown... not downtown... LOL

Dave

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Locke and Hobbes of SBR

usma1992

Who is John Hobbes

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

all I see are words... much like the self-proclaimed geniuses who post here and talk smack but back up their big words with nothing

however, one cannot argue with results. show us 180-120 over 300 picks and generate better than +48.00 .. or even do it at 55%

I would be more than happy to see it