NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Breaking news: Jeremy Lin isn't even a legitimate NBA starting PG. Leave his name out of this thread if you don't want to look like a ******* moron.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    Breaking news: Jeremy Lin isn't even a legitimate NBA starting PG. Leave his name out of this thread if you don't want to look like a ******* moron.
    How can you know that? He has certainly looked like a legit starting FG the last 7 games or whatever it is. It's anybody's guess whether that will continue, but to say he isn't is a bit ridiculous.

GetVinceARing
    GetVinceARing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Westbrook is NOT a top 10 player in this league by any standard. Throwing up 30 shots to get 25 pts does not make you an elite player. Does anyone remember Westbook got BENCHED for the entire 4th quarter against the Mavs for how bad he was playing/ballhogging in the playoffs last year? His game is drive hard throw up some trash and hope to get calls.

If we are talking about who the top 5 players I would want in this year's upcoming playoffs.

Dirk- The best offensive player in the world in last year's playoffs, and yet people are still hating on him?! He is almost back in full form and you better believe when playoffs roll around he HAS to be top 2 people you would want taking the final shot.

Durant- Playing lights out this year

Dwight- Best center in the game still putting up good numbers in turmoilville in Orlando

Wade- Almost matched Dirk in the Finals, played the best playoff series I have seen him play(even better than 06 finals) just didn't get help in crunch time from Lebron

Rose- Playing like an MVP once again this season

Anyone who is leaving Dirk out of their top 5 just plain doesn't know basketball. When playoff times rolls around its a given that he will be back to last year's form, and no team will want any part of Dallas

John Morrison
    fly eagles fly
    John Morrison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

lebron
    kobe
    rose
    durant
    westbrook

ram1502
    ram1502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

1. Lebron 2. Kobe 3. D Wade
    4. Durant 5. D Rose

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

westbrook
    LINuary
    kobe
    durant
    asshole, i mean gasol

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by GetVinceARing View Post
    Westbrook is NOT a top 10 player in this league by any standard. Throwing up 30 shots to get 25 pts does not make you an elite player. Does anyone remember Westbook got BENCHED for the entire 4th quarter against the Mavs for how bad he was playing/ballhogging in the playoffs last year? His game is drive hard throw up some trash and hope to get calls.

If we are talking about who the top 5 players I would want in this year's upcoming playoffs.

Dirk- The best offensive player in the world in last year's playoffs, and yet people are still hating on him?! He is almost back in full form and you better believe when playoffs roll around he HAS to be top 2 people you would want taking the final shot.

Durant- Playing lights out this year

Dwight- Best center in the game still putting up good numbers in turmoilville in Orlando

Wade- Almost matched Dirk in the Finals, played the best playoff series I have seen him play(even better than 06 finals) just didn't get help in crunch time from Lebron

Rose- Playing like an MVP once again this season

Anyone who is leaving Dirk out of their top 5 just plain doesn't know basketball. When playoff times rolls around its a given that he will be back to last year's form, and no team will want any part of Dallas
    Good post, especially the parts about Dirk and Westbrook.

Wade- Almost matched Dirk in the Finals, played the best playoff series I have seen him play(even better than 06 finals) just didn't get help in crunch time from Lebron.
    ... or the officials.
    Last edited by M.W.; 02-17-12 at 05:47 PM.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dirk has to be top 3. Put on one of the best playoff performances we've ever seen night after night and hit every big shot.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-17-12 at 10:03 PM.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    really? how was he in the 4th vs boston and chicago last yr? or all the playoff series he dominated in cleveland? sure the guy had a bad series in the finals. Lets judge him off one bad series over a career full of thousands of great games im sure thats what these great coaches would do
    Lol. I'm talking about the important games. You know, the NBA finals? You should have watched it last season. He literally blew it in every clutch/late game situation. It was sad. The whole world was talking about. Where were you? People are still talking about it to this day. Anyway, if you start watching NBA you will hear about it. If they ever replay any of the games on ESPN classic or NBATV, you should watch them, it was bad.

yungmoney
    yungmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron

KD
    Kobe
    Wade
    Howard

Rose/Dirk would be in my 6th slot.

Never been a huge Rose guy, his MVP last year probably goes down as one of the worst MVPs of all time

jcygts6
    Scared $$ Dont make $$
    jcygts6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

D-rose
    kobe
    durant
    lebron
    lin

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Lol. I'm talking about the important games. You know, the NBA finals? You should have watched it last season. He literally blew it in every clutch/late game situation. It was sad. The whole world was talking about. Where were you? People are still talking about it to this day. Anyway, if you start watching NBA you will hear about it. If they ever replay any of the games on ESPN classic or NBATV, you should watch them, it was bad.
    The thing I don't get about dlunc is he loves using stats when they help his argument, but immediately dismisses them or turns to trolling when they hurt his argument.

Lebron played absolutely atrocious in the entire finals on offense AND defense. He literally could not have played any worse in the clutch.

Legacies aren't made in the first round. There made in the finals. That's why Lebron can't be compared to the all time elites (including Kobe) we've never seen a superstar who people want to compare too all time greats repeatedly play his worst basketball when everything is at stake.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-18-12 at 12:24 AM.

yungmoney
    yungmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The thing I don't get about dlunc is he loves using stats when they help his argument, but immediately dismisses them or turns to trolling when they hurt his argument. Lebron played absolutely atrocious in the entire finals on offense AND defense. He literally could not have played any worse in the clutch. Legacies aren't made in the first round. There made in the finals. That's why Lebron can't be compared to the all time elites (including Kobe) we've never seen a superstar who people want to compare too all time greats repeatedly play his worst basketball when everything is at stake.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

zsr

And then he went on to shoot 30 percent in the finals

As bad as he was in that spurs series, which is obviously really bad, he still played better in that series then he did against the mavs. How sad is that?
    Last edited by zsr; 02-18-12 at 01:02 AM.

GetVinceARing

I'm a die hard Mavs fan and I was at Game 5 in Dallas of the finals, We won a close game so obviously everyone is pumped after, and this one fan starts a chant of "LEBRON LIKES LITTLE BOYS" and then some 60 year old tries to make a lame knock knock joke about Lebron and the guy points at her and yells "LEBRON LIKES YOUR SON" funniest thing in the world.

GetVinceARing

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Good post, especially the parts about Dirk and Westbrook.

... or the officials.
    Very true..
    That post brings back some bad memories of 06, I could barely watch some of those games. Wade would drive, fadeaway and automatic foul call, and the 2-0 almost 3-0 lead we blew, dont remind me dont you do it!

RedSox88
    RedSox88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Barry Bonds
    Mark MCGuire
    Sammy Sosa
    Pedro Martinez
    Nomar Garciapara

did i help?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    Wow this thread is ******* stupid.

Anyone who doesn't have LeBron james #1 doesn't know a God damn thing about the game of basketball. Like really, you don't know a ******* thing if you fall in that group.

And Jeremy Lin even being mentioned in this thread is hilarious. Oh, and I'm a die-hard Knicks fan and I have been since I was 8 years old. Jeremy Lin is more than likely not even worthy of being a starting PG in the NBA, although he could end up proving that wrong. Either way, he's not even CLOSE to being an all-star. So to put him on a top 5 or 10 players in the world list makes you look like a ******* idiot.

Some of you really need to read up on the game of basketball. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Like your avatar isn't embarrassing you!!!
    How's everthing in Man/Boy Love U??
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't fukk!

zsr

Last edited by zsr; 02-18-12 at 01:46 AM.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

The thing I don't get about dlunc is he loves using stats when they help his argument, but immediately dismisses them or turns to trolling when they hurt his argument.

Lebron played absolutely atrocious in the entire finals on offense AND defense. He literally could not have played any worse in the clutch.

Legacies aren't made in the first round. There made in the finals. That's why Lebron can't be compared to the all time elites (including Kobe) we've never seen a superstar who people want to compare too all time greats repeatedly play his worst basketball when everything is at stake.
    Lebron averaged 22, 7 and 7 in the finals vs the spurs. The next highest scorer on his team was 12 ppg. Pretty sure 22 7 and 7 vs that great defensive spurs team isnt all that terrible. Sure ill say it every day he was terrible last yr vs dallas. But he has been a great post season player his whole career, regardless of one bad series last yr.. remember when kobe quit game 7? or does that not matter? HE HAS BEEN BETTER THEN KOBE BRYANT IN BASICALLY EVERY POST SEASON STAT. LEBRON HAS ELEVATED HIS GAME IN THE POST SEASON. KOBES GAME GETS WORSE.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Post season stats:

PPG: Lebron 28
    Kobe 25.4

Assists: Lebron 7
    Kobe 4.8

Rebounds: Lebron 8.4
    Kobe 5.1

FG%: Lebron 46%
    Kobe 44.8%

Steals: Lebron 1.7
    Kobe 1.4

PER: Lebron 26.3
    Kobe 22.3

Can you please tell me how they are even close??? Let alone people saying Kobe is leagues ahead of lebron in the post season?? Its amazing how many people are clueless

dlunc3

dlunc3

I dont use this one series to judge kobe, bc he has been great for the most part in the post season (well, worse then he is in the regular season), and you really cant judge a guy from one bad game or series. Leborn elevates his game under post season pressure, regardless of on bad series last yr... Kobe does the opposite

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

this is easy if u actually watch basketball

1) lebron
    2) kobe
    3) howard
    4) rose
    5) durant.......love and wade just missing cut

zsr

As usual, back to trolling. Who gives a shit what he does in the first round?

HE SHOT 30 PERCENT against the spurs. That is worse then anything Kobe has ever done. Period. And, if that was Kobe, your dumbass would be in here trolling away.

HE SCORED TWO POINTS in the clutch the entire series against the mavs. PERIOD. All the while getting lit up by Jason Terry. Do you not realize how bad he has played in the finals? I don't understand what could be going on in your head that you actually think he played well.

While Kobe averages 25 5 and 5 in the finals and never shys away.

Lebron averages 19 7 and 7.

Kobe has been signifanctly better in every single finals game, there's no comparison. No debate. That's it.

Take your first round trophy, because you damn sure can't win a championship with the way he plays in the finals.

dlunc3

yea lets judge a guy off 6 games in his 700+ game career while he is still younger then jordan was when he won his first ring

how bout we judge kobe who statistically gets worse under post season pressure?

zsr

And did you really just say remember when Kobe quit game 7? Are you a dumbass? Remember when Lebron quit in the series against Boston? Or does that not matter?

Feels like I'm talking to a fukin 18 year old bandwagon fan. Oh wait.

zsr

Off six games? Can you count? That's ten. And they are by far the most important, who gives a shit about first round stats?

While Kobe gets better with the pressure of the finals, Lebron falls off the face of the planet and plays worse then Scottie pippen.

zsr

19 7 and 7 on 41% in 2 finals series.

Do you not realize how bad those numbers are?

dlunc3

And did you really just say remember when Kobe quit game 7? Are you a dumbass? Remember when Lebron quit in the series against Boston? Or does that not matter?

Feels like I'm talking to a fukin 18 year old bandwagon fan. Oh wait.
    EXACTLY--- both have quit, not just lebron

Both quit at one point in time. Lebron has been better in the post season then kobe in every stat. Lebrons numbers go up in the post season. Kobes go down. Case closed.

dlunc3

19 7 and 7 on 41% in 2 finals series.

Do you not realize how bad those numbers are?
    Lol you are proving how great lebron is. 19 7 and 7 are considered "bad" for him.

Kobes finals stats are 24 5 and 5 on 41% and they are considered "great"

they are basically the exact same stats, yet lebron is hated on for them... that shows how great he is in comparison

now that we have proven they are equal in the finals... do you wanna compare their other post season stats? didnt think so..

zsr

Kobes numbers in the finals are much better then lebrons, even you can't argue this.

Saying lebrons numbers go down in the finals is an understatement. They more or less cut in half and his field goal percentage falls off the face of the planet, along with his defense.

zsr

Equal

19 7 and 7 on 40 percent shooting is considered good?

Wait, i forgot you thought 22 on 30 percent shooting against the spurs was good.

Not even getting into the clutch time numbers of Lebron in the finals.

dlunc3

Kobes numbers in the finals are much better then lebrons, even you can't argue this.

Saying lebrons numbers go down in the finals is an understatement. They more or less cut in half and his field goal percentage falls off the face of the planet, along with his defense.
    24 5 and 5 at 41% "much" better then 19 7 and 7 at 41%???? since when?

dlunc3

now lets compare other post season numbers? or how about regular season numbers? didnt think so... lets focus on a 10 game span out of over 700 so that we can make kobe look equal to lebron

First 1234567 ... Last