shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by TrailerParkBoy View Post

Large asian community here.

Reminds me of World Cup time. Everyone's a "Canadian" until it starts. Then they're from Portugal, Brazil, Italy, Germany etc. (wouldn't matter if they played a Canadian team) With large pockets of most nationalities someone's celebrating every night. I imagine the sale of Lin jersey's would do quite well here.
    Yeah of course - I'm from Thunder Bay. I'll claim the nationalities I'm actually a part of if they're going against whomever and looking great

The thing is though that everyone, not just Asians, were cheering for him. It almost seemed like the Jamaican bobsled team. I said to JJ earlier that when Australia qualified for the World Cup in '06 and they were playing Greece (the Euro Champs at the time) in a friendly, we paid $300 for our awesome seats which 2wks before would've cost maybe $150 because we just wanted to be a part of it. I'm not Australian and I'm not Greek. But you knew the atmosphere would be amazing and you only get that chance a few times in your life. Doesn't matter where your allegiance lies, you're just going crazy because you love sport regardless of what it is. Bloody awesome

TrailerParkBoy
    Free Speech!
    TrailerParkBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yeah of course - I'm from Thunder Bay. I'll claim the nationalities I'm actually a part of if they're going against whomever and looking great

The thing is though that everyone, not just Asians, were cheering for him. It almost seemed like the Jamaican bobsled team. I said to JJ earlier that when Australia qualified for the World Cup in '06 and they were playing Greece (the Euro Champs at the time) in a friendly, we paid $300 for our awesome seats which 2wks before would've cost maybe $150 because we just wanted to be a part of it. I'm not Australian and I'm not Greek. But you knew the atmosphere would be amazing and you only get that chance a few times in your life. Doesn't matter where your allegiance lies, you're just going crazy because you love sport regardless of what it is. Bloody awesome

Well, well, well. Grew up in Nakina, about 350 kms north of TBay. Family is still there. Flew in last Thanksgiving and made sure to stop in at the Hoito for lunch. Cheers! (not much Northern Ontario representation in forumville)

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Because Lin is actually good

First 123