KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

If you think bill walker should be starting over melo just stop talking basketball please

beagle25
    beagle25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

How come nobody on this board will call out guys for using derogatory asian terms like gook, chink, chinaman. Why does NYsports have to say chink David. These kind of comments just show how much rascism there still is towards Asians in America.

KingJD31

nysportsguy and freevick we should send a letter to the knicks and recommend this starting lineup 1.bibby 2.toney douglas 3.steve novak 4.jerome jordan and 5.jeffries that would be better imo

KingJD31

and lets trade chandler for ronny turiaf too

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    If you think bill walker should be starting over melo just stop talking basketball please

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amare and Lin played decent together, i think when Melo returns theyll only look better, fuk the haters Go Lin, Go Ny

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

every team melo goes to, ends up wanting to dump him. dude is a cancer.

how sick would the knicks be if they traded melo for ray allen

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2745

Will be interesting to see how long he keeps this up...There's always hot and cold streaks and right now this kid is BURNIN !!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Melo needs to come off the bench. He will be a chemistry cancer to the first team line up of Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Lin, Amare Stoudamire, Iman Shumpert and Steve Novak.

Landry Fields, Melo, Josh Harrellson, Bill Waker and Toney Douglas is still a bad @ss second unit.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    every team melo goes to, ends up wanting to dump him. dude is a cancer.

how sick would the knicks be if they traded melo for ray allen
    that would be the celtics golden ticket. knicks would never go for it, they have enough 3 point shooters

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

Just got back from this game. Never been to MSG (or Asia) but it felt like I was there tonight....

Place exploded when Lin made that three -- like Toronto thought he was a Raptor for a second.

Really thought I was in New York.

Raptors coughed the bit in the fourth but overall I have to hand it to them they hustled and played tough. Had a playoff type atmosphere. Entertaining game. Kid can play. The buzzer beater was the icing on the cake but the rest of the cake (fourth quarter) was pretty damn good too.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Hate to rain on his parade, but he's gotta get the turnovers down. Turning it over 8 times in a game is not going to cut it for long.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone needs to stop this kid. It's getting out of control. He doesn't understand that these games are business. Lot's of money at stake. It's the NBA for crying out loud. Your not supposed to keep winning that much. lol

NYSportsGuy210

I wonder who made a killing betting the 1996 Chicago Bulls (72-10). Imagine Jeremy Lin was their PG?!?

80-2 son.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by beagle25 View Post
    How come nobody on this board will call out guys for using derogatory asian terms like gook, chink, chinaman. Why does NYsports have to say chink David. These kind of comments just show how much rascism there still is towards Asians in America.
    Yeah all those racist stereotypes about him being intelligent, hard working, and respectful of others. RACIST!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

please look at buckets made/vs missed

hangtime
    hangtime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Hate to rain on his parade, but he's gotta get the turnovers down. Turning it over 8 times in a game is not going to cut it for long.
    its scary how good he can be when he does eventually cut down on the turnovers.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    please look at buckets made/vs missed
    59 vs. 58?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Melo will be the destruction to this team. The guy is a pure scorer like Iverson, he needs the ball in his hands early to be effective. I watched virtually every Melo for 7 years in Denver and I know. If this guy doesn't get his touches early, then he doesn't shoot well the the rest of the day. Melo is not like Kobe, where he can go from cold to hot in a matter of minutes.

Will be interesting to see how this drama unfolds.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hangtime View Post
    its scary how good he can be when he does eventually cut down on the turnovers.
    Sure, if he can.The thing is, it's still only been a week, so teams haven't had a chance to plan for him. I want to see how he does when he plays against elite PG's and teams and when teams start game planning for him with advance scouting.

NYSportsGuy210

If you noticed today's game compared to other games played.....Jeremy Lin every time he came off a pick n' egg roll and drove to the hoop, Toronto had three guys surrounding him. It turned out to be effective.

Basically he had no one close to throw the ball too when in reality there should have been two guys wide open. D'Antoni needs to adjust this and get the two open guys on his team driving to the bucket with Jeremy.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Pump the breaks JJ. .
    Coach, we need a "Pump The Brakes" video

One time common

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Sure, if he can.The thing is, it's still only been a week, so teams haven't had a chance to plan for him. I want to see how he does when he plays against elite PG's and teams and when teams start game planning for him with advance scouting.

So the other team's just forget about Amare and Melo thenYou can game plan all you want, this is not the NFL. NBA executions breaks down more often, that's why you see so many few teams that consistently performs well defensively.

Dude got ability's to be a point guard in this league. If he's guarded one on one, he should have his way with most players.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

lmfao

you kidding me? anybody says anything in the media about a non-white... that person loses their job and gets crucified. then you ahve minorities that do the same shit.... and nothing happens to them. same in the work place

if you're a minority, you get a free ride, free job, free college education.... and you get to be racist with no repercussions... and you get a job as a quota and they can't fire you

ha ha. are you seriously complaining???

then, if you're gay, you get all that and more...

lol, what has come of this world. the movie with Charleston Heston is the future of the world. and you're complaining about all your free shit.

LMFAO

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Guy's big-time.

Told Mayweather to go **** himself.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    lmfao you kidding me? anybody says anything in the media about a non-white... that person loses their job and gets crucified. then you ahve minorities that do the same shit.... and nothing happens to them. same in the work place if you're a minority, you get a free ride, free job, free college education.... and you get to be racist with no repercussions... and you get a job as a quota and they can't fire you ha ha. are you seriously complaining??? then, if you're gay, you get all that and more... lol, what has come of this world. the movie with Charleston Heston is the future of the world. and you're complaining about all your free shit. LMFAO
    haha, not sure where ur getting ur info from
    most of wat u said is false

beagle25
    beagle25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

Hey Baskets, nobody else saying it's messed up for NYsports referring to Lin as a "chink" david just proves my point. To a chinese american being called a chink or gook is the same as you calling a black american a ******. I did not say America is rascist towards Asians. I said you've got some people that show these feelings. As a chinese american, what am I supposed to feel if you refer to me as a chink. You really don't think that's a rascist comment.

And by the way Asians don't get a free ride to college. Did you know that Asians have to score on average 100-150 points higher on the SAT to get into the IVY league to get the percentage down to 20%. I went to UC Berkely which is the top public college in California. The year I got in they were still using affirmative action and the Asian population was about 35%. My 2nd year, California outlawed affirmative action and guess what the asian population went up to 42%. By the time I graduated, it went up to 48% and whites were at 45% so without affirmative action you could say whites became the minority with blacks and hispanics.

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

LIN = TEBOW.

The guy is a turnover machine and he will eventually settle down. Im enjoying watching it unfold though.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Lin playing great, just hope he can shrug off all the negative comments. You can just feel that hoards of rednecks are waiting for this baller to trip and the hatin aint gonna stop. Its not just america, its what the world has come too.

Racism is def a problem but what can u do. Punks like mayweather aint helping the situation.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave Bbr 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    Lin playing great, just hope he can shrug off all the negative comments. You can just feel that hoards of rednecks are waiting for this baller to trip and the hatin aint gonna stop. Its not just america, its what the world has come too. Racism is def a problem but what can u do. Punks like mayweather aint helping the situation.
    mayweather is an idiot.
    when he retires, he will be broke or in jail

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

From when the Knicks first claimed Lin....wow.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They played him tough

roughed him up

He will adjust

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    haha, not sure where ur getting ur info from most of wat u said is false
    ha ha. lmfao again

not sure what country you live in... but if you live in the US, that's what the score is.

JnFUnknown
    JnFUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

why u mad bro asians are rising up in society.... you got lin showing the word you thai rapping his lung out asian are coming out!!!

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate to put it out here but mark these words... Mello is gone. They will trade Mello. He doesn't fit. Watch

First 123 Last