CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

is the PS3 app sick thinking of buying a PS3 just for that and Call of Duty

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    can't you just configure your device to tell mlb that it is a desktop? for some of the browsers there is an internal setting. if you are using stock, enter about:debug into the address bar and change it there.

edit: it might be about:useragent . my tab is at home. one of them should work.

purchasing the app is another way. if you get it off blackmarket alpha they won't let you stream though. i dunno how, but only the paid one works for streaming, but the pirated one works for everything else (including audio).
    Good points, im gonna re download opera and switch to desktop mode which i ran last year. Ive flashed a new rom since than so hopefully thats why

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Actually just used current browser worked like a charm thanks dude

Was about user agent ftr

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    totally a waste.. every game can be found online for free and they are in fact mlb streams

-stash
    But they are rarely true HD streams..at least I can never usually find an hd stream.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    totally a waste.. every game can be found online for free and they are in fact mlb streams

-stash
    not a waste. much better quality and has a bunch of other add-ons and it's only what $125 for premium which is pocket change. worth it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

FYI just got this email....

Dear 2011 MLB.TV® Yearly subscriber,
    MLB.TV is back, just in time for Spring Training. The first game streamed online will be March 3, 2012 (MLB.TV Spring Training Schedule). We are pleased to activate the annual automatic renewal of your subscription for 2012. Your subscription is priced at the same low, regular yearly price as last year - only $99.99 for the entire 2012 MLB season. That's $10 off the full 2012 regular yearly price ($109.99). Watch over 150 Spring Training games (without blackout restrictions) on your computer and all 2,430 regular season games online (subject to blackout restrictions). Almost 100 games are streamed LIVE per week.
    New 2012 MLB.TV Features (included at no additional cost)

1. Portability to Select Connected Devices*: Xbox 360** (coming soon), PS3, Roku, Apple TV, etc. - available with 2012 MLB.TV only to 2011 MLB.TV customers with auto-renewal! Click here to see a full list of compatible devices.
    2. Live Game DVR Functionality: Pause and rewind live games. Jump back up to 10 seconds to create your own instant replay.
    3. Multi-Game Viewing Options: Watch up to four games simultaneously with the Mosaic® feature.

Standard 2012 MLB.TV FEATURES

• HD Picture (where available): Speed detection technology delivers high definition video at the industry standard of 720p on any size monitor.
    • Audio Overlay: Overlay the home team's radio broadcast over the live video or use the "Park" option to include the ballpark's natural sounds.
    • Pitch by Pitch Tracking: Track live the location, type and speed of every pitch. Follow balls and strikes on overlay.
    • Clickable Linescores: Go directly to any at-bat or half inning of a game.
    • In-Game Highlights: Real-time highlights and player stats automatically load in the media player. With one click, the clip instantly launches in a picture-in-picture window.
    • Player Tracker: Customize a list to feature entire fantasy rosters and receive on-deck notifications to watch live look-ins for each player. Simply click the alert and watch the at-bat live in a Picture in Picture window.
    • Click here to see a full list of features.

* PORTABILITY TO MOBILE: 2012 MLB.TV is not portable to mobile devices. To access MLB.TV on your smartphone or tablet using the MLB.com At Bat application, please upgrade to 2012 MLB.TV Premium.
    ** Xbox LIVE Gold subscription required.
    2012 MLB.TV PREMIUM YEARLY UPGRADE: As a thank you for being a loyal customer, we would like to extend to you the opportunity to upgrade to 2012 MLB.TV Premium Yearly. Upgrade now and pay only $119.99 for the entire year. That's $5 off 2012's regular full yearly price. 2012 MLB.TV Premium subscriptions include a choice of watching either home or away teams' broadcasts, and MLB.com At Bat 12, the top-ranked sports app in the Apple App store and recent inductee into the Macworld App Hall of Fame. At Bat 12 is available on 2/29/12. Enjoy complete mobile portability to compatible smartphones and tablets (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and select Android phones and tablets). To upgrade your subscription to 2012 MLB.TV Premium Yearly at this discounted rate, simply click here. Your 2012 MLB.TV Premium Yearly subscription will automatically renew annually at the prior year's regular full yearly price.
    There is no action required for you to continue your current MLB.TV Yearly subscription. Unless you upgrade to 2012 MLB.TV Premium Yearly as described above, the payment card you have on file with us will be charged $99.99 prior to the beginning of live Spring Training games, on or about February 22, 2012. Your subscription will automatically renew next year on or about March 1, 2013 at the prior year's regular full yearly price. To ensure uninterrupted access to your MLB.TV subscription, in the event that we are unable to process charges to your primary payment card we will charge the alternate card(s) saved in your MLB.com Payment Profile. To update or confirm your credit or DC information, simply click here.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I have purchased this for the last 3 years. Last year was the first year that I streamed it through my PS3. There were so many bugs last year that it's just worth it to shell out the extra bucks and get extra innings. It did stream better through my laptop...I recommend subscribing for one month to see if they have improved and if you like the quality.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    is the PS3 app sick thinking of buying a PS3 just for that and Call of Duty
    You'll be disappointed. MLB.TV outsources everything and so all of the technical issues never get resolved. If you google MLB.TV PS3 viewing problems you'll read about the mass complaints that I also experienced.

CanuckG

Interesting....heard it is coming for xbox360 as well.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    It will probably take 3-4 gigs per day on medium settings watching both games per day. (7 and 10)

HD will be at least a few gigs for one game on its own.

80GB will be a struggle if you watch it every day.

You can probably get away watching in SD, especially if its just on a laptop or a tablet, but on your TV, it just doesn't look right if its not in HD.

Just pay an extra $10 per month for the bandwidth and see how you go.

It is worth it. It is very quick and you can watch every game. It actually gets to my TV in Australia quicker than my ESPN HD cable TV feed(!)(!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cable lags behind sat. feeds eveveywhere. USA included.
    Sportsbars w/ both feeds... cable seems like a tape delayed broadcast.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

I've had it the last 2 years and I hate it.

I'm gonna cave in and get DirectTV's MLB Innings package.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Hey guys... just to let anyone who is interested know... I was charged yesterday 2/27 for mlb tv for the 2012 year

CanuckG

legggggggoooooooo

Diamond Hustler
    Diamond Hustler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 340

Just got billed $119.99 also. What's with this $99.99 rate?

Thought about going w/ DirecTV Innings Package... went with MLB.tv because you can watch it anywhere!
    Last edited by Diamond Hustler; 02-28-12 at 04:17 PM.

High3rEl3m3nt

MLB.tv automatically renews. I almost got stuck for this year too...I'd rather shell out a few extra bucks and get a reliable cable service.

ajmichel
    ajmichel's Avatar Become A Pro!

MLB TV for PS3

Does anyone know how to get the MLB TV for PS3 to start showing games for the new season and spring training? I am still seeing playoff games from last season and spring training games started last Wednesday

Please help

First 12