Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

These people catching Lin fever!

The feel good story of the NBA right now.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty sure Kobe knows who Jeremy Lin is.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

when will the promos start?

Knicks over 100 pts = 1 free bowl of Teriyaki at Sake Express restaraunts in NYC

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Pretty sure Kobe knows who Jeremy Lin is.
    Kobe was the best player to guard him tonight but didn't bother, even left Gasol to guard Lin at one point.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    Kobe was the best player to guard him tonight but didn't bother, even left Gasol to guard Lin at one point.
    kobe didnt want to get taken to the hoop

cubswin
    cubswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

The million $$$ thugs will return and it will be over. Lin is responceable for 1/3 of the 12 wins and 0 of the 15 losses.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post

kobe didnt want to get taken to the hoop
    heh

baskets

would be kind of cool to see him do calculus tricks at halftime for a halftime show.... wow the crowd

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roto97
    Roto97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    Lol, no it's not. It's like calling a black guy in the corner of the room "that black guy."

Actually, history would have to disagree with you on that one. It is a racist term.

The California Gold Rush, ~ the 1850s, had given rise the the first wave of Chinese migration to the Golden Mountains.

Many of of these Chinese took menial jobs with Railways in California and western states. They faced much hostility / hatred from the Irish American workers who were wary of the influx of Chinese competing for their jobs.

The Irish hurled many insults at the Chinese. One such insulting terms was "Chinaman" used to demean them as being dishonest (look and dress differently) and stupid (can't speak English). The hatred / distrust of the Chinese led to the eventual passage of the Chinese Exclusion Act in America, which was not repealed until ~ 1950s.

Today, "Chinaman" conjures up those terrible times of discrimination against Chinese in America (discrimination that was even legalized!)

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

See the "Yellow Mamba" sign in the stands?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...plaining-to-do

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    These people catching Lin fever!

The feel good story of the NBA right now.
    you must be bipolar no doubt

one minute you are making posts all over the place about how the league is setting him up to look good and how you would 'explain' it to us simple folk, next minute you are cheering him on

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Swag

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Sports is weird, here the knicks discovered this guy by accident...he was on the bench and they gave him a shot and now he is awesome..so by luck. Also, Knicks are playing better then they did with the 2 stars they had..very weird how sports is

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

so i come home from the gym do my normal routine and look at the ESPN page and see on the front page ALL-LIN! So I'm like ok how many points did this kid score......... 38 Points on the ******* Lakers are you ******* kidding me lmao thats ballin as ****

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

shari91

I thought this was pretty cool of Kobe too:

"It's a great story," Kobe Bryant said after Lin outscored him. "It's a testimony to perseverance and hard work."

Bryant wasn't buying the plot line that Lin had come out of nowhere. "It just means we haven't been paying attention to him. The skill level was probably there all along," he said.

When a reporter from China asked if he had any suggestions for the first Chinese-American to play in the NBA, Bryant said, "I'm not going to give him any damn suggestions. He almost got 40 points against us."

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

"It's a great story," Kobe Bryant said after Lin outscored him. "It's a testimony to perseverance and hard work."

Bryant wasn't buying the plot line that Lin had come out of nowhere. "It just means we haven't been paying attention to him. The skill level was probably there all along," he said.

When a reporter from China asked if he had any suggestions for the first Chinese-American to play in the NBA, Bryant said, "I'm not going to give him any damn suggestions. He almost got 40 points against us."
    Classy quote form Kobe. Tonights game is why people love this sport all over the world.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...sketball-hero/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanri...-nba-in-china/

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

Great quote from Kobe. Tonights game is why people love this sport all over the world.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post

Great quote from Kobe. Tonights game is why people love this sport all over the world.

Nba.com/china page views up 43% this year. Stern must be hysterical with glee. A shortened season that many had no interest in has now turned into this. Good on Lin... I love stories like this. Gives hope to a lot of people that if you bust your ass and follow your dreams, sometimes it can pay off.

Letsgobows
    Letsgobows's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

This thread is too funny...all I gotta say is I somehow managed to to pick up Lin on my waiver wire, so I'm ALL about the linsanity!! Plus I'm 1/4th chink lol

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by Letsgobows View Post
    This thread is too funny...all I gotta say is I somehow managed to to pick up Lin on my waiver wire, so I'm ALL about the linsanity!! Plus I'm 1/4th chink lol
    ha ha. does this effect your sausage delivery department?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Considering the head coach did not even know the kids last name a week ago he rocked garden that has rarely been seen before

Its amazing how one guy can do this

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

The kid is special

Ordered myself a Lin jersey

marcusmv3
    marcusmv3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

As far as regular season games, the last time the Garden felt like that was 1994, 1999 doesn't even come close to what I saw last night.

First 12