ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Aaron Rodgers officially wins MVP

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

What were the voting numbers? Gronkowski should of won though.

ttwarrior1

Aaron Rodgers wins MVP in landslide

INDIANAPOLIS -- Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers has won the 2011 Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player award in a landslide.
    Rodgers earned 48 votes to two for New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the NFL. The Packers star is the first Green Bay player honored since Brett Favre concluded a run of three straight seasons as MVP in 1997.
    More From ESPN.com

While Cam Newton's Offensive Rookie of the Year award is no surprise, the season he had was nothing short of extraordinary, writes Pat Yasinskas. Blog
    NFL Nation Blog awards coverage

Rodgers led the NFL in passing with a 122.5 rating built on 45 touchdown passes, six interceptions and a 68.3 completion percentage as the Packers went 15-1 and won the NFC North.
    He joins former Packers Bart Starr, Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung in being selected MVP.
    Rodgers is the third consecutive quarterback voted MVP, joining New England's Tom Brady (2007, 2010) and Indianapolis' Peyton Manning (2008, 2009).
    Brees' record-setting season earned him the Offensive Player of the Year award.
    Brees shattered Dan Marino's 27-year-old mark by passing for 5,476 yards, and his 468 completions broke Manning's 2010 record of 450. Brees finished the season completing 71.6 percent of his passes, breaking his own 2009 NFL record (70.6). He also surpassed 300 yards passing for seven straight games and 13 times during the season, both beating league marks he already held.
    Brees, the 2008 top offensive player, received 43 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the NFL. Rodgers got the other seven votes.
    Thanks to Brees' brilliance, the Saints set several single-season records, including offensive yards with 7,474 and first downs with 416.
    Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs, the 2003 Defensive Rookie of the Year, added the Defensive Player of the Year award to his resume.
    Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton won the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.
    Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller won a two-man race with 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith for the Defensive Rookie of the Year award.
    San Francisco's Jim Harbaugh won the Coach of the Year award for leading the 49ers back to the playoffs.
    Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford won the Comeback Player of the Year award.
    Newton is the second straight No. 1 overall draft pick to take the honor in voting by a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. Rams QB Sam Bradford won it last year.
    "I want to thank the man upstairs," Newton said.
    The first Panther to take the award, Newton received 47 votes to three for Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton.

It's special because you only get one rookie season. You don't get two tries at it.
    -- Broncos LB Von Miller
    on winning Defensive Rookie of the Year
    Newton set an NFL record for touchdowns rushing in a season by a quarterback with 14 and became the first player in league history to throw for 4,000 yards and rush for 500. He helped Carolina improve from 2-14 to 6-10, throwing for 21 touchdowns.
    No quarterback had won the award until Ben Roethlisberger in 2004. Since, Vince Young, Matt Ryan, Bradford and Newton have been chosen.
    "He set a standard, a very high standard, for any rookie quarterback coming in, and he wants to improve," Carolina coach Ron Rivera said. "He's gotten better in so many different areas. ... He's really taken his game to next level, and there's so much room for him to grow. He's got such a high ceiling."
    Miller, the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, sparked a defensive turnaround in Denver with his steady and sometimes spectacular play. He teamed with quarterback Tim Tebow to energize the Broncos, who rallied from a 2-5 record to the AFC West title and a playoff win over Pittsburgh.
    "It's special because you only get one rookie season," Miller said. "You don't get two tries at it. It's really a one-and-done thing. That was probably the most special thing about it, you only get one shot to accomplish this feat."
    Miller received 39 votes out of 50. Smith, also a first-round choice, got the other 11.
    "Aldon and me are good friends. If he got it, I wouldn't have been mad. That's still like my buddy," Miller said. "If anybody else would have gotten him, I probably would have been sick. But knowing him and knowing what kind of guy he is and spending time with him, I know what type of player he is and he deserved it, too."
    The second Bronco to win the award -- LB Mike Croel got it in 1991 -- Miller made 64 tackles and had 11½ sacks despite missing one game and playing the last four contests with a cumbersome cast protecting his surgically repaired right thumb.
    On a team featuring longtime stars Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Suggs stood out most for voters. He earned 21 votes, seven more than Minnesota end Jared Allen.
    Suggs had 70 tackles, including 14 sacks, and was a force all over the field from his hybrid linebacker-end position. He also forced seven fumbles and had two interceptions as the Ravens went 12-4 to win the AFC North. Baltimore allowed 266 points, third fewest in the NFL.
    Safety Reed won the award in 2004, while Lewis won in 2000 and 2003.
    In his first season as an NFL head coach, Harbaugh guided the 49ers to a 13-3 mark and the NFC West Championship Game. They beat New Orleans in the first round of the playoffs before losing the conference title game to the Giants.

Harbaugh

Stafford
    A former NFL quarterback and successful coach at Stanford, Harbaugh earned 45 votes out of 50, easily outdistancing Green Bay's Mike McCarthy, who received three votes, and Denver's John Fox, who got two.
    Atlanta's Mike Smith is the last man to win the award in his initial season as an NFL head coach, in 2008.
    Stafford, who beat out six other candidates for Comeback Player of the Year, fought through injuries his first two seasons, then threw for more than 5,000 yards in 2011 to lead Detroit to its first playoff berth in 12 years.
    He received 21 votes, six more than Cleveland linebacker D'Qwell Jackson. San Francisco quarterback Alex Smith finished third, followed by Carolina receiver Steve Smith, Denver defensive end Elvis Dumervil, New England defensive end Andre Carter and Giants quarterback Eli Manning.
    Stafford is the first Lion and the ninth quarterback -- four straight -- to win the award since its inception in 1998.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well deserved. Too bad he choked in the playoffs.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Well deserved. Too bad he choked in the playoffs.
    cheap shot lou. Rodgers didn't drop all those passes. Rodgers didn't give up a hail mary and let eli stand in the pocket all day without any pressure.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    cheap shot lou. Rodgers didn't drop all those passes. Rodgers didn't give up a hail mary and let eli stand in the pocket all day without any pressure.
    What about missing Finley on 3rd down to start the 4th when they would have been in FG range? There were early drops but he didn't have a good game. QB gets all the glory when things go well, so he can take blame too.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

so true ,atleast he won something ,his team sure didnt

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Rodgers missed easy throws in playoffs, it wasnt the receivers fault, they were wide open on several occasions and he missed by miles

ttwarrior1

i thought they were dropped passes myself, saw one bad pass but they need a defense
    Had too many injuries, and not d coordinator fault either

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

is it right that I see someone in this thread defending Rodgers' playoff choke job?

I think some people would like to deep throat Rodgers.... they want to give him all the credit when he plays well but then defend him when he plays poorly.

Rodgers has the most talented offensive team in the entire NFL. He is extremely overrated. He is good, but come on, he isn't any better than any of the other top 10 QB's.

Look at what the Packers' back up QB did with that ridiculously potent offense.

Comparably, look at what Bears' back up did when Cutler went down?

Cutler is in a putrid offense and makes it look above average.
    Rodgers is in a great offense and makes it look great. I don't see why he is considered god-like.

And just for the record, I don't consider Cutler a top 3 QB either... I'm just saying, Cutler has a slightly stronger arm than Rodgers' and slightly less mobility so I don't see any reason why Cutler or Manning or Brady or anyone else couldn't post those obscene numbers with the Packers.

What has yet to be seen is whether Rodgers can be thrown on a putrid offense like the Bears with no decent wide receivers and make it work. We don't know.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

yes i am defending rodgers in that game
    he was under constant pressure and got sacked 4 times

packers not named rodgers fumbled twice in that game, and rodgers fumbled once, again when he was getting sacked from behind on what would have been a wide open td pass

if the packers had the same protection and lack of fumbles the giants had in that game, the score would've been reversed and then some.

far from the "choke jobs" we saw from favre like when he threw 6 interceptions in a playoff game

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

rodgers wins mvp and brees wins offensive player of the year

voters are fukkin pussies

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

How the FUK did Aaron Rodgers get MVP over Drew Brees???

Completions:
    Brees: 468
    Rodgers: 343

Attempts:
    Brees: 657
    Rodgers: 502

Percentage:
    Brees: 71.2
    Rodgers: 68.3

Yards:
    Brees: 5476 (REMEMBER???? He broke Marino's 27 year old record!!!)
    Rodgers: 4643

Yards Per Game:
    Brees: 342.2
    Rodgers: 309.5

Touchdowns:
    Brees: 46
    Rodgers: 45

Did he do ANYTHING better then Brees??

What is the matter with these people....