ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Peyton Manning has been medically cleared to play by 2 doctors

Peyton Manning has been medically cleared by two doctors, including Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the most recent surgery on the Indianapolis Colts quarterback's neck, to resume his NFL career, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
    ManningWatch: The Latest from ESPN.com

ESPN.com's NFL Nation bloggers check in with the latest on Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. Blog

The sources said Watkins examined Manning recently in Los Angeles and concluded the stability in his neck would have allowed the quarterback to play this Sunday if the nerves in his arm had regenerated to a satisfactory performance level. Watson also instructed the quarterback to continue an aggressive rehabilitation path that provides an optimistic outlook for Manning to play in 2012. Watkins performed Manning's spinal fusion on Sept. 8, and on Dec. 1 declared that the fusion had achieved "firm fixation."
    Watkins, according to the sources, joined Colts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer in clearing Manning to play. One source said that Feuer recently told Manning, "If you were my own son, I'd tell (you) to go play."
    In addition to Manning's optimistic words expressed in an interview with ESPN on Tuesday, in which he indicated he plans to resume his playing career, the medical clearance by his two doctors, the sources said, will bolster his determination to play in 2012.
    What remains in question is the timeline in which Manning's nerve regeneration to his triceps will improve to the point where he is throwing passes in the manner that helped him win four MVP awards during his 13-year career.

Manning
    According to one source familiar with Manning's medical review, "It's not a safety issue; it's a performance issue." This source added that Manning is "making progress."
    The source said Manning had a throwing session Tuesday with two of his Colts receivers -- Anthony Gonzalez and Blair White -- at an undisclosed location and that Manning has spent numerous recent days throwing to at least one wide receiver, aiming to regain as much strength as possible in his arm.
    However, the source said Manning still cannot pinpoint a date when his performance will reach an acceptable level to him. The source alluded that it might take to the one-year anniversary of Manning's May 23rd, 2011 surgery on a bulging disk in his neck.
    Information from ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was used in this report.

Source: Espn, rolleyes if someone said plagirism

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing new.

It all comes down to if/when the nerves regenerate.

ttwarrior1

nothing new???

It's totally new and huge news

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

That bitch is sabotaging super bowl week. NFL would step in if anybody else not named Peyton was sabotaging its marquee event. It would tell them to shut up and sit down.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

God speed Peyton

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

He still can't play for Indy. There's no getting around it. They're going to draft Luck and he has to play. What I haven't learned is what the situation is in terms of Indy having the ability to trade him. Can they sign him and then try to trade him?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

One was a gynecologist that is a huge Jets fan

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Payton succeeding at stealing the limelight from his brother.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Payton succeeding at stealing the limelight from his brother.
    ESPN keeps showing that stupid sportscenter commercial with the Manning family walking through the compound only because of Peyton. Just a fukking shame on all involved.

ttwarrior1

peyton isn't doing it, the media is

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Good find TT

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

bunch of losers on SBR

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

bunch of losers on SBR
    Yeah sure bud. Payton couldnt wait to release this new until after the superbowl. Quit being a fukkin homer.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

The media can only interview you if YOU let them. I don't see any guns to his head this week, Peyton wants all of this attention.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Business as usual
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    The media can only interview you if YOU let them. I don't see any guns to his head this week, Peyton wants all of this attention.
    Fail,

Everyone knows #18 will be in a different organization next season...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

Fail,

Everyone knows #18 will be in a different organization next season...
    If EVERYBODY knows why is it a big deal this week?

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way Peyton plays for colts next year

U mean to tell me they hire a new gm and coach without consulting him...the writing is on the wall

Bye bye

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't wait till he Is a bronco
    Also how can you steal limelight all the fk I have heard about for two weeks was giants and patriots I can't wait till it's over so I can watch mike and mike again

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

However, the source said Manning still cannot pinpoint a date when his performance will reach an acceptable level to him. The source alluded that it might take to the one-year anniversary of Manning's May 23rd, 2011 surgery on a bulging disk in his neck.
    Payton is in a high-risk category.

Lets not forget that the Colts are a business.

As we all know, if Peyton is on the roster come March 8, the Colts are out $28 Million.

Seems like a lot of money to bank on a guy with that much risk following him around.

The smart move is to simply release him, as a trade does not make any sense from a business perspective either.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Yo trashbagwarrior, can u please post a thread that everyone hasn't already seen on the bottom line of every fukkin sports channel?? Thanks pal

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

I dont like Peyton Manning but I wish him well. Nobody would want to go through that after what he accomplished in his career.

Sometimes losing something that you had is worse than not ever having it at all.

May Allah bless him with full health so that he can go back to playing the game he loves.

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

having all the media attention on Peyton and NOT the Giants is HUGE for the Giants, keeps the media from discovering undisclosed injuries, pressure, etc... perfect for Giants

You guys are all idiots for thinking Eli cares that his bro gets attention, when its all over Sunday, Eli will have 2 superbowl rings

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

nothing new???

It's totally new and huge news
    Not if you ever read any of my posts on Peyton....which I make every time I see a Peyton thread since I live in Indy. Its never been the neck....plenty of players that hit every play have came back from fusion surgery. Its whether or not the nerves come back to give him the arm strength he needs. I hope he retires before he's shotputting the ball like Chad Pu$$ington

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

lol, with this news story coming out this week, did that make the line on the "peyton manning on tv during the superbowl" prop go up?