wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

why did he make that?

Players are dumb... HAVE to miss that fre throw cannot win now. Gift to Clippers

wantitall4moi

ok they have a chance to miss on purpose again lets see what happens this time

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

He def misses 2nd one here

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Wantitall.....you are the best fade on the forum. Thanks pal.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

i was about to kill someone... in the 2nd quarter admidst all the hot shooting and scoring, i took a live bet for the game for under 212.5... knew the scoring would slow down in the 2h... just needed to avoid OT.

I counted it a winner after the 3rd quarter... i only lost if the 4th q was a 67 point quarter.

I just finished a show and checked the boxscore and it wasn't over and it was creeping towards 210 and i was fukkn pissed! then the Clips, who are ahead... keep fouling at the end with mere seconds left and only up 3? WTF... I can't believe i only won that bet by a fukkn hook... and only because there was only 1.2 seconds left and Utah had to miss on purpose to try to get to OT... wow... with my luck i figured guy would try to miss and make it and fuk me with 213!!!

whew....

stupid fukkn NBA

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    i was about to kill someone... in the 2nd quarter admidst all the hot shooting and scoring, i took a live bet for the game for under 212.5... knew the scoring would slow down in the 2h... just needed to avoid OT.

I counted it a winner after the 3rd quarter... i only lost if the 4th q was a 67 point quarter.

I just finished a show and checked the boxscore and it wasn't over and it was creeping towards 210 and i was fukkn pissed! then the Clips, who are ahead... keep fouling at the end with mere seconds left and only up 3? WTF... I can't believe i only won that bet by a fukkn hook... and only because there was only 1.2 seconds left and Utah had to miss on purpose to try to get to OT... wow... with my luck i figured guy would try to miss and make it and fuk me with 213!!!

whew....

stupid fukkn NBA
    Don;t feel so bad. I was on pins and needles watching an NHL game. Thought the Kings were going to blow the thing, only to see them getting the winning goal with .4 seconds left. Never thought I'd be on the edge of my seat watching a game with the Columbus Blue Jackets involved.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I had Clippers -2. I watched the game and yeah it seemed dumb that the Clippers were fouling, and I was screaming at the TV but actually it was pretty smart because it didn't really give Utah a chance to tie the game with a three. They kept on fouling like when Utah was at mid court and not even a chance at shooting the ball. Trust me though I was PISSED. Just glad I didn't lose and still got the push. Mad because when the Clippers were up 2 with like 4 minutes to go I was going to make a live bet with Utah +2.5 just so I couldn't lose but I decided not to. Of course it would have worked out this time.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Money 77 View Post
    I had Clippers -2. I watched the game and yeah it seemed dumb that the Clippers were fouling, and I was screaming at the TV but actually it was pretty smart because it didn't really give Utah a chance to tie the game with a three. They kept on fouling like when Utah was at mid court and not even a chance at shooting the ball. Trust me though I was PISSED. Just glad I didn't lose and still got the push. Mad because when the Clippers were up 2 with like 4 minutes to go I was going to make a live bet with Utah +2.5 just so I couldn't lose but I decided not to. Of course it would have worked out this time.
    I watched the last bit of this game. No action but I checked the line and had a good laugh seeing it land right on the 2. Basketball is a bitch to bet on.

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Don;t feel so bad. I was on pins and needles watching an NHL game. Thought the Kings were going to blow the thing, only to see them getting the winning goal with .4 seconds left. Never thought I'd be on the edge of my seat watching a game with the Columbus Blue Jackets involved.
    This must be the first time you've bet on the Kings this season. Otherwise you couldn't say such bull shit. This team has lost so many games late- and people still lay chalk on them(kings).

wantitall4moi

That is a strategy more coaches should follow actually. Utah should have fouled Jordan a couple times when he got rebounds as he stinks at the foul line, instead they didnt Clippers ate time off the clock (these were possession around the 1:50-1:00 marks) got a couple easy Chris Paul runners and extended their lead. I think they learned their leson in that Minn game when Minn got two miracle 3s to beat them in the last 10-15 second. Tells me Vinnie or at lest someone is paying attention. If youre ahead by three, maybe even two, you play to not lose. 3 makes it a litle easier as even if he makes both you still have a 1 point lead. You in turn obviously have to make yyour free thorws as well, something Clips dont do all that well. But last night they were clutch. I think they were 100% from the line during that stretch. So a missed free throw or two by them the strategy backfires.

Only real reason it went on as long as it did was because utah had all their time outs left so they just kept using them. Had they not they wouldnt have been able to advance the ball so many ties and get so many short quick looks. On the flip side had Clippers had some TOs left then they could have advanced, been in the act of shooting on the intential foul and gotten 3 free throws out of it.

I expect these foul strategies to become more common going forward as players get worn down and are exhausted at the end of games. It gives everyone a small breather as well.