PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Do you know how nonsensical that comparison is? Explain how past presidents are responsible for this yrs deficit .
    Sam, slow down and smoke a bowl. We are doomed.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post

Sam, slow down and smoke a bowl.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Do you know how nonsensical that comparison is?

Explain how past presidents are responsible for this yrs deficit

What's nonsensical is you complaining about the deficit when it has been decreasing over the last 3 years.

Is it irrelevant that Bush handed the country (And a costly war) over to Obama in the midst of the worst economic downfall in decades?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    What's nonsensical is you complaining about the deficit when it has been decreasing over the last 3 years.

Is it irrelevant that Bush handed the country (And a costly war) over to Obama in the midst of the worst economic downfall in decades?
    When Bush left the national deficit was 10 trillion

three years later it is 16 trillion

let's not kid our selves about what Obama is doing.

Sam Odom

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

You just showed everyone your ignorance.

The national deficit and national debt are two different things.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

How much of that is interest? Just saying.

Sam PLEASE, a new avatar!

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

You just showed everyone your ignorance.

I know they are different. You think Obama just magically added 6 trillion without having massive annual deficits?

Sam Odom

No shit Past presidents have NOTHING to with the 2012 deficit - Bringing any of them up in a yearly deficit discussion is

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

America's political system of DIVIDE and CONQUER in full effect here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tully Mars 63

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

Sam PLEASE, a new avatar!

Ok - Tonight

I was trolling for someone looking for a 'Daddy'

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the point anyways, the world is going to change (for the better or worse) on or leading up to Dec 21, 2012.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post

What's the point anyways, the world is going to change (for the better or worse) on or leading up to Dec 21, 2012.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

obama and congress could have ended the war. and in 2009 and 2010 dems controlled the white house and congress. so all the trillion dollar deficit spending and not getting out of the war was the democrats fault.

that being said, how many jobs would be lost if this great US war machine was stopped and we pulled out of Afghanistan and the middle east? And what do all these soldiers do when they come home and there aren't any jobs for them (because there aren't any jobs for the people here already?)

SteveRyan

I know they are different. You think Obama just magically added 6 trillion without having massive annual deficits?
    Oh okay.

So when you said that The National Deficit was $10 Trillion, what exactly did you mean?

Or were you talking about the debt?

Or do you not know what your talking about?

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    obama and congress could have ended the war. and in 2009 and 2010 dems controlled the white house and congress. so all the trillion dollar deficit spending and not getting out of the war was the democrats fault.
    Actually, he couldn't have ended the war. Your probably wondering why, so I will tell you.

When a new president takes office, he just cant go out and put an end to a massive war. It does not look right. It is a complicated process that requires intense planning and must be timed perfectly. It's not like he can just round up all the commanders and tell them to ship the boys home. There's lots of loose ends that need to be tied up and certain things put into place. That doesn't happen over a few months time; it can take years. In short, it would have been wrong and negligent on his behalf to do it quickly, and it would have damaged the public view of his abilities as a leader and president.

that being said, how many jobs would be lost if this great US war machine was stopped and we pulled out of Afghanistan and the middle east? And what do all these soldiers do when they come home and there aren't any jobs for them (because there aren't any jobs for the people here already?)
    Well...that's an entirely separate issue that has more to do with the state of our economy rather than anything relative to the argument you made above.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

It's not all black and white and it's nice to see someone express such. Nice post.

Though who got us into that war?
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 02-01-12 at 04:48 AM.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Actually, he couldn't have ended the war. Your probably wondering why, so I will tell you.

When a new president takes office, he just cant go out and put an end to a massive war. It does not look right. It is a complicated process that requires intense planning and must be timed perfectly. It's not like he can just round up all the commanders and tell them to ship the boys home. There's lots of loose ends that need to be tied up and certain things put into place. That doesn't happen over a few months time; it can take years. In short, it would have been wrong and negligent on his behalf to do it quickly, and it would have damaged the public view of his abilities as a leader and president.

Well...that's an entirely separate issue that has more to do with the state of our economy rather than anything relative to the argument you made above.
    oh really, how the FUK do you know? how many wars have you stopped, you are just defending who you love. I am sure you a life long dem or black.

wars can be started in a few days, they can end just as fast

give me a fuking break

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Wars don't start in a day and they don't stop in one either. Certainly not ones that have lasted nearly a decade.

Ever read a history book?

Nice racial slur too.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

And the reason why the deficit will continue to grow and never be balanced?

Corporations and investment bankers control Wall Street.
    Wall Street and Corporations bribe, (they call it contributing), politicians with cash and insider trading secrets to make even more wealth.

Millioniare investors (the Romneys of the country) hide their millions in off shore corporations and only pay 15% or less, tax on all their filthy fuk'in money. While the rest of us are paying 28+%!

Investment companies and corporations like Romneys, quickly realized they could make even more millions by out-sourcing American jobs, buying up small and independent American companies and shutting them down, there by eliminating jobs, competition, circumventing environmental laws, health care, pentions, and taxes, that would have been paid by and for employees of these companies.

And it all began when Reagan turned control of our nations' financial system over to a corporate bank executive and continued on through the Bush / Cheney administrations.

It doesn't really matter who's to blame, the fact is, we're in this mess and it's a vicious cycle that keeps repeating itself and will continue to, until we all step up and demand this bullshit comes to an end.

The sad reality is though, it probably never will. Rich millioniare politicians and wealthy people in America are so out of touch with our country, because they're not the ones suffering, it doesn't affect them at all if gas goes to $5 fuk'in dollars a gallon or food prices jump 30%. All they understand is, they have money and how can they get more of it without having to do shit to earn it or pay a fair share of taxes on it.

President Obama said it plain and simple, "If I make more, I should have to pay more, than someone who earns less than me." It's a simple concept and if I was making serious cash, would not have the slightest problem with.

It's all a big money game now fellas, who ever is got the bigger stack, owns the game. Look how much money alone was spent in Florida on negitive attack adds just for a damn primary! I wonder how many schools, homeless childern and families could have been helped with 18+ million dollars? Or maybe it could have been used to retrain unemployed workers, or health care grants for the sick. Nope, all wasted on tv and radio adds trying to convince you what a douche bag the other guy is!

I'll leave you with this, Mitt Romney made 42.5 million dollars last year. The presidency pays $200.000.00 a year. Now why would a guy who makes that much money wanna be president? He's certainly not in it for the money. Nope, Mitt Romney isn't running for president good people, Mitt Romney is trying to "buy" the presidency. So what happens when all the rich people are in charge, pretty much exactly what we have right now. With the one exception being, President Obama is not some rich Wall Street fuk, and he's fighting an ignorantly rich congress for us, so the Mitt and Newts of our country don't flush the last of middle class America down the fuk'in toliet!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 02-01-12 at 05:44 AM.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Mitt Romney paid over $3,000,000 in taxes last year and you can bet MikeJamm used 10X the amount of government services as compared to Romney while paying ZERO in income taxes.
    And the reason why the deficit will continue to grow and never be balanced?
    Way too many MikeJamm's who consume far, far more than they will ever produce.

We need more Romney's and a whole lot less MikeJamm's.

PittsburghPlayer

Mike, Good luck convincing anyone of anything. I am starting to find it ammusing, the masses finally waking up and seeing that we are doomed.
    I especially find it funny those with closed minds that have children, watch them squirm while they tell me that it is MY parties fault. Who will be at fault when your child has no job and becomes a slave to China? Will that be my parties fault too, or might you have had something to do with another mouth to feed? I feel bad for the kids, not the parents. If you did not see this coming for the last 30 years, at least, you are not too bright.
    Who gives a shit at this point who started the mess. I say it is "the peoples" fault for not standing up for justice. You retards that expect an elected official to stand up for us or take responsibility are really really funny. And sad.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

I don't use any government services, unless you call going to post office or visiting our Nations Capital sights in DC, using 10x the governments services. They're free to everybody andy. I pay taxes like everybody else, not as much as Romney, but the ratio of what I pay compared to what he paid on his millions, 13.9%, well hell, lets give all the rich fuks a free ride!

andywend

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    I don't use any government services, unless you call going to post office or visiting our Nations Capital sights in DC, using 10x the governments services. They're free to everybody andy. I pay taxes like everybody else, not as much as Romney, but the ratio of what I pay compared to what he paid on his millions, 13.9%, well hell, lets give all the rich fuks a free ride!
    Are you saying you paid more than 13.9% of your income in income taxes? Remember your social security/medicare contribution is not considered a tax as you are supposed to get that back when you retire or if you become disabled.

Go look at your 2010 tax return (if you even filed one) and see how much you made (before deductions) and how much actual income tax you paid. I can almost guarantee the percentage is well below 13.9%.

"Lets give all the rich fuks a free ride" - Romney pays over $3,000,000 in income taxes to the government and you call that a free ride?

Why should Romney pay any more taxes than you do? He pays 50,000X the amount of tax you do and yet he's getting the free ride?

I just hate liberal democrats.

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    I just hate liberal democrats.
    Stop being a bigot and hate everyone equally.

andywend

I'll never make anywhere near the kind of money that Romney makes but when I hear people who don't pay a nickels worth of income tax themselves saying Romney isn't paying his fair share of taxes after sending in a $3,000,000 annual check to the government, it irritates me.

What can I say?

Sam Odom

Just the facts , ma'am

Congressional Budget Office <--- (still a guess but the best one around)

Jan 31, 2012

CBO: Obama’s Policies to Increase National Debt 47 Percent to $21.7 Trillion by 2022

Congressional Budget Office projects that the national debt under President Obama’s policies will rise to $21.665 trillion by 2022, according to its updated budget outlook. The updated outlook, released Tuesday, found that current Obama administration policies will result in a 50 percent increase in debt held by the public...

Should Obama win a second term in January, he will leave office with a projected $18.4 trillion national debt – an increase of $7.8 trillion in the eight years Obama will have been in office. The national debt stood at $10.6 trillion in January 2009 when Obama took office.

PittsburghPlayer

Sam, check out the song by Pat Travers titled Crash and Burn. While high is not a terrible way to hear it.

Then listen to Warren Zevon`s "Run Straight Down" myself, I will pass on the Zevon for now. That song can have a "buzz-crushing" effect, and I do not feel like having to sparkle up again so early in the day.

You do not really think we will be alive to one day collect social security from our gov`t, do you? so smoke a bowl and relax, you can drive yourself and others mad if you don`t!!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    this implies that you have to judge people as dogs and swine. not very nice.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post

this implies that you have to judge people as dogs and swine. not very nice.

Only because of your lack of scriptural knowledge and hermeneutics

Sam Odom

Sam, check out the song by Pat Travers titled Crash and Burn. While high is not a terrible way to hear it.

Then listen to Warren Zevon`s "Run Straight Down" myself, I will pass on the Zevon for now. That song can have a "buzz-crushing" effect, and I do not feel like having to sparkle up again so early in the day.

You do not really think we will be alive to one day collect social security from our gov`t, do you? so smoke a bowl and relax, you can drive yourself and others mad if you don`t!!

Zevon is my man ( or was )

I will look into Travers

PittsburghPlayer

Oh yes, from where I sit the answer to peace and justice is to legalize marijuana.

People are way less likely to do wrong if/when they smoke pot. I challenge anyone that disagrees with me to smoke a joint and tell me that I am wrong.

Worst case scenario (sp) is that I am wrong. At least you`d be high!!!

Sam Odom

Worst case scenario (sp) is that I am wrong. At least you`d be high!!!
    And Fatter

Obesity is bad enough in the USA

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

That's why you guys don't do anything or get anything done. Lay off the pipe.
    If your life is so stressed you need a hit every 5 mins, change your life style.

That's why pot is illegal, nothing would get done, or worse get hurt or hurt someone.

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    That's why you guys don't do anything or get anything done. Lay off the pipe. If your life is so stressed you need a hit every 5 mins, change your life style. That's why pot is illegal, nothing would get done, or worse get hurt or hurt someone.
    where did you hear that first? Nancy Reagan

if you think pot is bad it is because you believe what you have been told by the gov`t, and for that you are a fool. good luck

You do realize you are very easy to spot, as a sheep, when you repeat that bullshit, don`t you?

well you do now so maybe start thinking for yourself in the future

First 123