gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Loool typicall geek argument. Boxing is a sport, people follow boxing or pursue boxing because for the love of the sport. Not to kick peoples asses in the street or fight alliens when they invade earth

So you saying nobody should get into tennis, socces, football, basketball, ... because its not effective in a street fight

This is why MMA fanboys hate boxing, because boxing is a sport and geeks hate sports. You guys love MMA because it reminds you of Dragon Ball Z.
    Um, wtf? MMA is a sport. Most UFC fighters have never been in a street fight. You're a moron.

What the hell does street fighting have to do with MMA? Clearly, you don't watch UFC or know anything about the fighters.

I told you I'm not anti-boxing and you say I hate boxing? You're a moron. I like both, but MMA is better. I'll fall asleep watching a boxing card, but I won't fall asleep watching a UFC card.

Also, never seen an episode of Dragon Ball Z. WTF does a Jap cartoon have to do with UFC? You're a real, REEAAL moron.

I bet you watch UFC to find out who the greatest human fighter is of the universe and who will save us when super sayans invade earth
    Is that why you watch boxing? What an idiot. Seriously, man. Wow...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

that other guy was hardly a boxer. He has a 0-1 record...
    I appreciate your love for the sport of boxing, I just wish you could learn to appreciate the sport of MMA. I am not against boxing at all. I actually enjoyed watching boxing a long time ago, but the times have changed and boxing isn't what it used to be. There have been a lot of questionable endings in some of the recently big boxing matches.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post

I appreciate your love for the sport of boxing, I just wish you could learn to appreciate the sport of MMA. I am not against boxing at all. I actually enjoyed watching boxing a long time ago, but the times have changed and boxing isn't what it used to be. There have been a lot of questionable endings in some of the recently big boxing matches.
    I tried I really did, even joined sherdog bought a UFC card. Watched old UFC fights.

I guess different strokes for different folks

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

Is that why you watch boxing? What an idiot. Seriously, man. Wow...
    No I watch boxing because I love the sport. IMO its the most beautiful sport there is .

You seem to watch MMA to figure out who could beat who in a street fight.

FindTheLock

I tried I really did, even joined sherdog bought a UFC card. Watched old UFC fights.

I guess different strokes for different folks
    I used to get hyped up for tyson fights. That guy is a boxing immortal that will never be forgotten, and I consider it a great honor that I got to watch him at his peak. I wasn't alive for the Ali Frazier fights, but those were great bouts as well. I have a lot of respect for any guy who is willing to stand in a ring face to face with another man who's trying to bludgeon their face in. Whether it be a boxing ring or an octagon, those guys deserve a lot of respect.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

As much as I love boxing you'll never witness something as crazy as this...

SharpBoxing

Well I have much respect for the fighters but not for the sport of MMA.
    I Feel like it rapes great sports like wrestling, kickboxing and boxing.

When MMA fighters are on their legs they throw wild clumsy kicks and punches . On the ground they are dry humping each other. I just dont see the technicall aspect of the sport.

FindTheLock

the craziest thing about that kick is that bendo didn't go to sleep afterwards.

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    As much as I love boxing you'll never witness something as crazy as this...
    Lol thats cool to watch now and then I guess. MMA for me is like the X-games. When I see it on tv I'll watch it, but not gonna follow the sport.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

When MMA fighters are on their legs they throw wild clumsy kicks and punches . On the ground they are dry humping each other. I just dont see the technicall aspect of the sport.
    Which shows you've never participated in BJJ in your life....
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-13-15 at 02:40 PM. Reason: image does not exist

SharpBoxing

Which shows you've never participated in BJJ in your life....
    That is true. However I enjoy Olympic wrestling, but not so much the wrestling that happens in MMA.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-13-15 at 02:40 PM. Reason: image does not exist

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

If you want to watch wrestling, watch Olympic or college wrestling.

MMA is MMA. It is clear that you haven't watched more than a few UFC fights.

SharpBoxing

If you want to watch wrestling, watch Olympic or college wrestling.

MMA is MMA. It is clear that you haven't watched more than a few UFC fights.
    I watched it and didnt really enjoy it

If people want to watch MMA I dont have a problem with that but no need to bad mouth boxing like allot of geeks do.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

No I watch boxing because I love the sport. IMO its the most beautiful sport there is . You seem to watch MMA to figure out who could beat who in a street fight.
    How the fk do u know why I watch MMA? MMA is irrelevant to what would happen in a street fight. You can throw someone down and soccer kick them and kick them in the head when they're down. You can do a lot of things you can't do in a UFC fight. Nobody watches UFC fights to see "who would win in a street fight" and you are a very stupid person for saying that. MMA is a sport and people watch it to see all styles of martial arts (including boxing) applied. When was the last time you saw Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu applied in a street fight? Street fights usually just consist of boxing, so if anything, boxing is professional streetfighting.

SharpBoxing

How the fk do u know why I watch MMA? MMA is irrelevant to what would happen in a street fight. You can throw someone down and soccer kick them and kick them in the head when they're down. You can do a lot of things you can't do in a UFC fight. Nobody watches UFC fights to see "who would win in a street fight" and you are a very stupid person for saying that. MMA is a sport and people watch it to see all styles of martial arts (including boxing) applied. When was the last time you saw Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu applied in a street fight? Street fights usually just consist of boxing, so if anything, boxing is professional streetfighting.
    Now you are flip flopping Gabe. You said who cares about boxing because its not all arround fighting and MMA fighters would beat any boxer.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Now you are flip flopping Gabe. You said who cares about boxing because its not all arround fighting and MMA fighters would beat any boxer.
    Yes, an MMA fighter would beat a boxer. That's common sense. Pro boxers have a hard time transitioning into MMA. Klitschko wants go get into MMA but he knows he can't do it professionally.

I never said "who cares about boxing" so quit saying stupid shit. I said I like boxing but prefer MMA, and you took that to mean "who cares about boxing?" -- so stupid, man.

Boxing is great for boxing. Why would I say who cares about it becomes it's not all around fighting? That's like saying who cares about wrestling, jiu jtisu, or K-1. You keep making less and less sense, man. Just quit while you're ahead behind.

And just what exactly did I flip flop on in my previous post? I didn't say anything positive (or negative, for that matter) about boxing. (or anything else I had an opposed view on in a previous post) less and less sense, man...I'm tellin' ya...

SharpBoxing

Yes, an MMA fighter would beat a boxer. That's common sense. Pro boxers have a hard time transitioning into MMA. Klitschko wants go get into MMA but he knows he can't do it professionally.

I never said "who cares about boxing" so quit saying stupid shit. I said I like boxing but prefer MMA, and you took that to mean "who cares about boxing?" -- so stupid, man.

Boxing is great for boxing. Why would I say who cares about it becomes it's not all around fighting? That's like saying who cares about wrestling, jiu jtisu, or K-1. You keep making less and less sense, man. Just quit while you're ahead behind.
    Klitschko wants to get into MMA? Why? To earn a couple of hundred thousand a fight instead of millions? Lol

SharpBoxing

And yeah im done with this thread. It was fun

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Klitschko wants to get into MMA? Why? To earn a couple of hundred thousand a fight instead of millions? Lol
    No, because of the sport. He is getting into MMA, but is not going to go pro. He's not doing it for the money. He's doing it to learn and become a better fighter. It's a SPORT. Dumbass.

He wouldn't make it to the UFC to get paid big bucks. But if he did, he would walk away with a lot of money. Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP, Cung Le, and Tito Ortiz easily cleared millions for their last fights.
    Last edited by gabe; 02-01-12 at 05:46 AM.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shit probably because hes bored to death fighting stiffs in boxing .... Im real pumped up to watch him fight jean mark mormek

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boxing is boring as fukk outside of a handful of stars and most of them are grow old pacman, mayweather klitschos ... Andre ward and who else up n coming? Not many shits dying been dying for a while mma is growing.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Such an overused and dumb argument...

For every boring MMA fight with "dry humping", there is a boxing match with two guys hugging it out for 12 rounds... there's duds in both MMA and boxing, and there are great fights in both MMA and boxing...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yeah unfortunately that reasoning is the sign of a moron!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

yeah unfortunately that reasoning is the sign of a moron!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Next Fox card is finally a good one. Ten times better than the shitty one they put out the last time. It is all about match making and someone finally woke up Joe Silva. Hopefully if there is an injury Silva doesn't fuk every thing up like the last card.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...2826&cat=boxer

Like I said Anderson Silva is an untalented bum who couldnt compete in boxing so he went to the UFC and dominated the "sport"
    Uh how the fuk can you base someones boxing skills off a 1-1 record?

a high level boxer would get his ass beat by a low level mixed martial artist any day of the week. pull your head out of your ass.
    Here is how it works: MMA Fighter > Boxer in the Octagon. Boxer > MMA in the ring. Boxing and MMA are two different crafts and cannot be compared.

Im pretty sure boxrec is legit. My point is its obvious Silva loves boxing. If he had a choice he would have pursuit a carreer in boxing.
    He has only had 2 fights...how the **** can you say he LOVES boxing and WOULD chose boxing over MMA?

UFC is most likely just a fade like K1. Will never repace boxing IMO.
    UFC is no where near a fad. Fad's die fast. UFC is continually growing. IMO UFC very well has the capability to replace boxing. People want to see fights and violence, they dont give a fuk what type of fighting it is. Currently boxing cannot even get its two biggest stars to fight, instead its the stars vs washed up losers. Seriously how can you even say boxing has a bright future? No one wants to watch the russian brothers fight, manny and floyd wont fight, amir khan is falling as fast as he rose. Boxing really has nothing to be excited about.

First ... 4567