1. #1
    Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-11
    Posts: 726

    Freeplay clearing in a book...how do the react?

    I have a freeplay in a book and was wondering how these book react if you do these 3-team parlays that guarantee you a 74% payoff...is that ok for them or will they be pissed?

  2. #2
    Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-11
    Posts: 1,994

    if the software allows it then you should be ok

    what book?

  3. #3
    Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-11
    Posts: 726

    5dimes and/or sportbet...they belong together, dont they?

  4. #4
    john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-24-11
    Posts: 721

    Quote Originally Posted by Call82 View Post
    5dimes and/or Sportbet...they belong together, dont they?

    I have put in parlays using freeplays from 5 dimes as well. Don't worry about it. If you win, there's always someone else losing more money.

  5. #5
    mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-10
    Posts: 4,953

    Sportbet doesn't care. I've done it a few times there. And payoff is prob going to be in 60%ish range.

  6. #6
    BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-10
    Posts: 1,014

    With 5dimes you can bet huge dogs and do better than the 75% that you can realize using the 3-team parlay method ( which can guarantee a 75% return, mrmarket ). If I am clearing a free play at a site that does not allow moneylines on free plays, I will play 4 of the 8 parlays using one team in all four. Then I will cover the opposite team at 5-dimes making sure that the odds on this team are about +100. So, 4 three-team parlays at $100 free play each will bring in $600 if one of them wins. Minus the $300 loss at 5dimes equals a $300 net win for the $400 in free plays that got used. If all 4 parlays lose, then 5dimes wins $300. Either way, you end up with $300 out of a $400 free play. And now, the free play sportsbook sees you putting up bets with a 50% chance of winning or losing.
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 01-27-12 at 08:31 AM.

  7. #7
    Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-11
    Posts: 726

    Branch, this might even be the best idea to do it since they wont feel like you try a cheap shot, thanks for the info!

  8. #8
    Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-11
    Posts: 726

    Quote Originally Posted by Call82 View Post
    Branch, this might even be the best idea to do it since they wont feel like you try a cheap shot, thanks for the info!
    And losing the freeplays would even be the best case since you dont have to worry about any kind of rollover then !

  9. #9
    FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-10
    Posts: 3,809
    Betpoints: 476

    The books are not dumb. They know about this practice and most have stopped allowing it.

    If you have a book that still allow you to do it, go for it.

  10. #10
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 1350

    Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    The books are not dumb. They know about this practice and most have stopped allowing it.

    If you have a book that still allow you to do it, go for it.
    Yes some books don't even allow 3 team parlays on freeplays, but do it if u can.

  11. #11
    Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-11
    Posts: 726

    So I should probably test it with some change first and see how it goes right?

  12. #12
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 1350

    Quote Originally Posted by Call82 View Post
    So I should probably test it with some change first and see how it goes right?
    Which book is it and i can try and tell u how they might feel about it?

  13. #13
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 3,975
    Betpoints: 2327

    Similar question I think.

    I did a $1000 deposit at Bkmr with a 20% bonus requiring a 5x roll. I show $200 freeplay which I haven't used. I've currently wagered $3800. When I reach $5000 will my account be funded or is it still a freeplay. I don't recall seeing anything about "freeplay" when I signed up.

    I imagine they figure most will lose the deposit before they have to pay on a 5x roll. I think they still pay if you bust but I hope to not find out in that manner.

    Thx and GL.

  14. #14
    Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-11
    Posts: 726

    Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Which book is it and i can try and tell u how they might feel about it?
    Would be 5d or sportbet, thanks in advance for your help!

  15. #15
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 1350

    Quote Originally Posted by Call82 View Post
    Would be 5d or sportbet, thanks in advance for your help!
    Do it they dont give 2 sh-its. Not a place u really have to worry about u have a lot of freedom there. But Blanch said u could bet heavy dogs which would give u more percentage back if u could find them and the NBA and NCAA should have plenty of them.

  16. #16
    BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-10
    Posts: 1,014

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Similar question I think.

    I did a $1000 deposit at Bkmr with a 20% bonus requiring a 5x roll. I show $200 freeplay which I haven't used. I've currently wagered $3800. When I reach $5000 will my account be funded or is it still a freeplay. I don't recall seeing anything about "freeplay" when I signed up.

    I imagine they figure most will lose the deposit before they have to pay on a 5x roll. I think they still pay if you bust but I hope to not find out in that manner.

    Thx and GL.
    It sounds as if you are operating under the assumption that your free play will turn into cash when you have completed your roll-over? That is not how it works. The free plays must be wagered. If you win, the winnings are added to your account. Take note however, that BM does not return free plays that push -- so it is best to put them on something with a half point if you don't use moneylines. Also, Bookmaker allows parlays for free plays, but not moneylines ( although in baseball and hockey you can bet the moneylines for free plays since they somehow are not considered moneylines - but the odds do not get high enough to do better than the parlay method).
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 01-27-12 at 11:28 AM.

  17. #17
    secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-29-10
    Posts: 14,907
    Betpoints: 72

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Similar question I think. I did a $1000 deposit at Bkmr with a 20% bonus requiring a 5x roll. I show $200 freeplay which I haven't used. I've currently wagered $3800. When I reach $5000 will my account be funded or is it still a freeplay. I don't recall seeing anything about "freeplay" when I signed up. I imagine they figure most will lose the deposit before they have to pay on a 5x roll. I think they still pay if you bust but I hope to not find out in that manner. Thx and GL.
    of course its freeplay.. lol bookmaker doesnt do cash bonuses bud

    use ur freeplay up as it will count in rollover anyway

    -stash

  18. #18
    BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-10
    Posts: 1,014

    Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    of course its freeplay.. lol bookmaker doesnt do cash bonuses bud

    use ur freeplay up as it will count in rollover anyway

    -stash
    Actually, free plays do not count in roll-overs, but any cash won and then used will -- if that is what you mean.

  19. #19
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577

    I wouldn't play all 8 possibilities on 3 teams. Better to play random 3-teamers (or bet ones that are slightly off-market). You might have a bit more variance, but you're also more likely to keep getting freeplays at the book if you bust out.

  20. #20
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 3,975
    Betpoints: 2327

    Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    It sounds as if you are operating under the assumption that your free play will turn into cash when you have completed your roll-over? That is not how it works. The free plays must be wagered. If you win, the winnings are added to your account. Take note however, that BM does not return free plays that push -- so it is best to put them on something with a half point if you don't use moneylines. Also, Bookmaker allows parlays for free plays, but not moneylines ( although in baseball and hockey you can bet the moneylines for free plays since they somehow are not considered moneylines - but the odds do not get high enough to do better than the parlay method).
    Thanks much BD!

  21. #21
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 3,975
    Betpoints: 2327

    Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    of course its freeplay.. lol bookmaker doesnt do cash bonuses bud use ur freeplay up as it will count in rollover anyway -stash
    Thanks Stash

Top