jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You Will Get Eaten Alive By Betfair Auto Traders

Not surprising to see NBA games getting $300k per night on ML and tv Games well over 1 million
    NFL approx 2-8 million per game on tv games
    USA Horse Racing also very high .....A place like sunland park getting 35,000 and it is late at night in the UK

Forget Soccer, Tennis and UK Horse Racing as the volume per event is astonishing daily

Fukkin Soccer games in Spain getting 5 million

Anyway point is a lot of auto trading going on and like in the stock market the small bettor will get chewed alive

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

ok, I think that means to be careful

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

and in other news, the titanic hit an iceberg.

where you been jj, thats not even remotely new news

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Its all computers nowadays. Stock market and betting market.

jjgold

Yeh like 10-15 betting programs that are geared towards Betair

Its increasing though, also seem it is becoming a layoff place for other books

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

most people here can't bet there

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

The tennis guys, especially, are unreal in terms of the 'sharpness' of their in-play odds. It is very hard to find any hint of an edge even at -101 pricing.

No surprise that the books basically just track the BetFair live odds these days.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Lots of people including myself use betfair as a trading platform I have 50-1 (+5000) on the ninners winning the Super Bowl can now trade out and get a 1600 profit

Unlike other websites you can only get out with halftime lines and totals

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Lots of people including myself use betfair as a trading platform I have 50-1 (+5000) on the ninners winning the Super Bowl can now trade out and get a 1600 profit

Race?

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post

Shauny much easier using 3rd party betting software as it shows your in running profit/Loss and ability to instantly "Green Up" without doing calculations as the program does it for you

These programs are unreal

Looking into Bet Angel and Marketfeeder Pro as in my opinion the premium software platforms both about 120 pounds per year

shaunovery

Hi jj the website does it for you anyway I don't use any 3rd party sites I do it myself

jjgold

Shauny there is a great free one you should try http://www.geekstoy.com/
    Points Awarded:

shaunovery gave jjgold 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

it used to be even more fun when the web interface would fall over but they didnt shut down the android apps or api driven platforms ... unfortunately nowadays when their web platform collapses they pull the plug across the board

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Race?

wow coool!!

bswagos
    bswagos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2547

Unless you make a giant mistake and they void everything.

jjgold

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This is total bullshit. Just lucky if you can scalp. This is like laying 2.5 and taking 2.52. Sometimes both will be matched and you make 0,5% profit. Other times line moves to 2.2 and you only get lay of 2.5 matched for something like 10% loss.

jjgold

Yeh not as easy as it looks
    secondly has to be a lot of volume which horses do have

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Jaug View Post
    This is total bullshit. Just lucky if you can scalp. This is like laying 2.5 and taking 2.52. Sometimes both will be matched and you make 0,5% profit. Other times line moves to 2.2 and you only get lay of 2.5 matched for something like 10% loss.
    Quite.

Their is a symbiotic relationship between the exchange market and the on-track odds. A horse that is trading at 2.54 is more often than not going to be 11/8 (2.375) on track. The only moves the on-track odds can make are to tighten to 5/4 (2.25) or to drift to 6/4 (2.50). In either of these cases there would be an instant move on the exchange.

A scalper will rarely be a beneficiary of such a move, he just ends up with his bet being matched at the price he requested if the market moves in his favour but if the market moves against him he is going to end up with a 5 or 6 tick loss.

shaunovery

Only works if the horse drifts you lay at 2.5 and goes 2.4 you're looking at a loss

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

if you can pick winners...it doesn't matter if a person or a bot is setting the line. Enough with this "get chewed by traders" bull shit. If you are good, you will make money...period.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Unreal.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Shauny much easier using 3rd party betting software as it shows your in running profit/Loss and ability to instantly "Green Up" without doing calculations as the program does it for you

Looking into Bet Angel and Marketfeeder Pro as in my opinion the premium software platforms both about 120 pounds per year
    JJ I can prob get you Marketfeeder free for a year

Email me

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    if you can pick winners...it doesn't matter if a person or a bot is setting the line. Enough with this "get chewed by traders" bull shit. If you are good, you will make money...period.
    Yep. I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who just arb, scalp and trade, which it seems from reading this forum seem to make up the majority of players these days.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Yeah the geekstoy is good for watching for line moves on very popular matches. The weird thing about BF and soccer is they hardly deal AH but their 1x2 is massive. You can get a good read on the 1x2 market to get a angle on where the AH is going to go at Pinny et al.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Yeah the geekstoy is good for watching for line moves on very popular matches. The weird thing about BF and soccer is they hardly deal AH but their 1x2 is massive. You can get a good read on the 1x2 market to get a angle on where the AH is going to go at Pinny et al.
    The Poms haven't yet been educated in AH betting. Hard to change age old habits.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

I know a guy. He has no clue what a bot is. And hes doing very fine trading at Betfair.

Everything manually.

Bots are fast, but not enough to beat some traders.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    The Poms haven't yet been educated in AH betting. Hard to change age old habits.
    LOL. That is not even close to being the reason that many market makers avoid the AH markets. If it was there would be no reason whatsoever that a group of Aussies, Asians or Continental Euros wouldn't step in and add that liquidity.

It has more to do with the way the markets are structured in the API and the amount of coding that would be needed to incorporate them into a flexible trading platform.

Trying to manage multiple markets concurrently through the website is just about impossible.

jjgold

It seems to me all of Europe is more focused on 1x2 in all sports
    Asian handicaps are very big at Pinnacle and Asian Books like SBOBET and ICBET

Hareeba!

Agreed, as I posted earlier but it seems 4LC has another view on that.

In Australia I know that only pro. punters have any idea how AHs work. Rec. punters (if they've ever even heard about them) find it all too complicated and avoid them.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

12X is still most popular bet type in Europe that is true. That popularity though does not explain why you have an EPL match with GBP 5 million matched on the 12X and only 250-300k on the AH sides. As mentioned that comes down to a lack of seeders (and consequently wider spreads) due to technical/coding issues.

Look at how the screen looks if you try to load an AH market in one of the commercially available trading platforms you mentioned above. You, I expect, will see that the lines are pulled up in an unusual order (which also changes if there is a big market shift). As mentioned this is due to the way they are structured in the API and accounting for that is a complete pain in terms of automating offers.
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 01-17-12 at 07:00 PM.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

cannot breath without bf

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

120 pounds of what?

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    12X is still most popular bet type in Europe that is true. That popularity though does not explain why you have an EPL match with GBP 5 million matched on the 12X and only 250-300k on the AH sides. As mentioned that comes down to a lack of seeders (and consequently wider spreads) due to technical/coding issues.

Look at how the screen looks if you try to load an AH market in one of the commercially available trading platforms you mentioned above. You, I expect, will see that the lines are pulled up in an unusual order (which also changes if there is a big market shift). As mentioned this is due to the way they are structured in the API and accounting for that is a complete pain in terms of automating offers.
    So your saying if Betfair had the right software and coding AH markets would be big like 1x2's??

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

So your saying if Betfair had the right software and coding AH markets would be big like 1x2's??
    Betfair have to do things the way they do for all of those different lines to be considered one single market for commission purposes .

It is more a question of market makers not being willing to invest the time to write a program/platform specifically for AH markets. If this was different would the AH be as big as 12X? No, I don't think so but there would be a big increase in volumes.

12 Last