gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

No, there was no way Mendes could have won that fight. There is no way he could take that fight into round 4, much less win it. Aldo won't get so tired unless you put pressure on him, which Hominick and Florian did, but Mendes didn't. Even tired, he would still land vicious leg kicks and Mendes wouldn't be able to continue. Towards the end of round 1, before the KO, I could see that fight was not going to make it past 3 rounds and felt confident Aldo would get his first stoppage in the UFC.

Before the fight, I thought Mendes had a shot. But a couple minutes into the fight, it was clear to me that his gameplan was completely failing and he was screwed.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    no way. take away aldos speed and explosiveness as they both get more tired and then mendes makes it really technical and deliberate.

jose aldo is a beast and i might add him to my short list with jon jones, anderson silva, gsp of who to not ever bet against but mendes could've won that fight for sure.
    Aldo is a top 3 pound for pound best fighter right now.. Has been for some time now.. But anybody can lose..

First 123