EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

How about Jesse Ventura for President ?

People are looking for an alternative to Obama, what do you think about Ventura ?

http://www.issues2000.org/Jesse_Ventura.htm
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darrell74

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

joking right?

can u imagine?

EmpireMaker

people are touting Ron Paul

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Ventura is a complete moron.

EmpireMaker

he seems to favor legalizing pot and making government smaller, those seem to be Paul's big draws

EmpireMaker

also favors restoring rights of Americans taken away by Bush

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    also favors restoring rights of Americans taken away by Bush
    Which rights were those?

Did I miss something? Don't remember any rights not taken away.

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Which rights were those?

Ever heard of the Homeland Security Act ????

jerry
    jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 442

Ventura would be a good VP for Ron Paul. He would make up for the testosterone that Paul lacks.

Carseller4

Ever heard of the Homeland Security Act ????
    Sound like it took rights away from Terrorists, but as for the average American?

Please explain.

EmpireMaker

Which rights were those?

http://www.balancedpolitics.org/civil_liberties.htm

Carseller4

Warrant-less wiretaps? That is the best you could come up with?

If the government wants to know about my wife calling me to pick up some bread and milk on my way home from work, I could care less.

But when Ackmed from America is calling Mohammed in Iran, and Mohamar in Syria, yeah I think we should check that out.

Rights lost by me? None
    Rights lost by potential terrorists? One

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Which rights were those?

The NDAA signed into law just 14 days ago is a thoroughly obnoxious piece of legislation. Indefinite detention without trial for US citizens, that does not concern you?

It is all well and good saying that it is aimed at preventing terrorism but was the Federal Wire Act ever intended to outlaw online poker? Did any court ever rule that it was? Branches of government have a habit of taking feet rather than the inches intended.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I can't believe why everyone bad mouths Ventura for? Everything Ventura talks about is conspiracy prone. Ever notice? I like that out of him... regardless if he's right or not... he fishes for things. US citizens need a guy like him. I'd vote for him easily. Got nothing to lose.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I can't believe why everyone bad mouths Ventura for? Everything Ventura talks about is conspiracy prone. Ever notice? I like that out of him... regardless if he's right or not... he fishes for things. US citizens need a guy like him. I'd vote for him easily. Got nothing to lose.
    Jesse is a decent guy.
    Exactly the reason he CANNOT be President ....

Carseller, You COULDN'T care less ... To say you COULD care less denotes that you indeed care ...

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Ventura would be a good VP for Ron Paul. He would make up for the testosterone that Paul lacks.
    Paul lacking anything? If Paul is lacking anything I would want in a President, I don't know what it would be? He's taken on a pack of wolves for 20 years or more. And, he hasn't slowed down or changed any of his standard convictions.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Paul lacking anything?
    "If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Nearly every black person is a criminal.

"Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

If you don't agree with Ron Paul 100%, you aren't sensible.

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action."

He supports lowering the age to prosecute black youths as adults too.

"black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."
    Don't worry though, Ron Paul hates all minorities equally, including Jews.
    "by far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government."

To sum it up, Ron Paul puts Strom Thurmond to shame.

Ron Paul supports quiting NATO. You see, Ron Paul actually believes in the following:
    "Under no circumstances should the U.S. again go to war as the result of a resolution that comes from an unelected, foreign body, such as the United Nations."

The United Nations was uhh, pretty against the war actually. That's why half of Europe didn't stupidly jump into Iraq. In fact, Donald Rumsfeld said he hated most of 'old' Europe for not supporting us blindly.

"You're thinking of Europe as Germany and France. I don't," he said. "I think that's old Europe."

New Europe was mostly made of small, insignificant countries, that supported us during the war. Too bad they didn't have much soldiers or supplies to send, but thanks for the moral support. Ron Paul didn't support invading Iraq though. He instead decided we would be better off using Letters of Marque and Reprisal because the terrorists committed "air piracy." That just screams "jackass." It's the equivalent of a poster that says, "Wanted Dead or Alive." I know the man is conservative, but christ, there are more effective methods than relying on the criminal justice system of the old west.

If you saw Sicko recently, you may have felt that the United States needs universal health care. Ron Paul is so against that idea, that he supports 100% free trade of the health market. They can even charge more to profit off of people's health, because they aren't already making enough money. Have fun trying to pay medical bills and the 23% sales tax, while Ron Paul laughs his way to the bank. If nothing convinces you that Ron Paul is the spawn of Satan, explain this:

Do you have a philosophical belief that every American should have health insurance? Have access to health coverage?

Ron Paul's response:
    I think you've stated it correctly and they should, but I don't see it as a right.

ABEHONEST

Bill O managed to invite a guest on his show that had an embarrassing story on Ventura. They have been feuding for years and Bill seems not willing to take Ventura on anymore?
    However, he invited this professional sniper on his show [wonder why?], who, told the tale of meeting Ken Ventura at a Vietnam Vet's get together. The sniper tells Bill O that he knocked Ventura cold with one swing to the kisser, after the outspoken Ventura make a sarcastic remark about dead Viet Veterans. Something like "they deserved it."
    I haven't heard Ventura's side, but ol' Bill seems to have invited this fellow on for that one particular story, only?

I am anticipating a response from Ken Ventura. I know he has no respect for Bill O, so he will come with some payback, you can be sure of that.

ABEHONEST

Damn! Who did a superb brainwash job on this SteveNash character?

stevenash

''We're going to give the press a ten minute head start, then that's what we're going to hunt.'' -- Ventura, in a pre-hunting interview with television reporters

''Being able to put two rounds into the same hole from 25 meters! That's gun control.'' -- Ventura, during a pre-election radio interview on the crime issue

“I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist.” — Jesse Ventura
    ''Anyway, I've done way more stupid things on alcohol than I have on pot.'' -- Jesse Ventura, in a pre-election discussion on the decriminalization of marijuana

stevenash

Damn! Who did a superb brainwash job on this SteveNash character?
    Nobody, just stating on the record posts from Ron Paul.

ABEHONEST

Nothing taken out of context, I am sure? It's called politics steveo, you need to learn that sooner than you apparently have, so far?

stevenash

Nothing taken out of context, I am sure? It's called politics steveo, you need to learn that sooner than you apparently have, so far?
    Nothing out of context, I can post the full transcripts, but some of you have ADD and won't get to the second page.

Ron Paul is a kook, stop drinking the kool-aid

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I saw that sniper show, ABE. The punk ran away after hitting him, you know, like in grade school?

Typical sniper puss, shoot from afar, hit and run when fighting man to man.

stevenash

What's Jesse's platform
    "I was a Navy Seal?"

stevenash

Name one Ron Paul piece of legislature that he sponsored, wrote, or introduced that got passed, win valuable prizes

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Name one Ron Paul piece of legislature that he sponsored, wrote, or introduced that got passed, win valuable prizes
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-2121

What's my prize?

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Jessie can't be any worse than the last two clowns.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    That'll change the world

EmpireMaker

What's Jesse's platform
    "I was a Navy Seal?"
    How about "Let's make the government smaller and more transparent"
    What is Romney's platform " I'm a 60 year old Ken doll that stands for both sides of every issue" ?

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

That'll change the world
    What's my prize tough guy? You were so confident he never sponsored a bill. I expect 2 points per day for the next 18 months from you. Thanks in advance pal.

EmpireMaker

he deserves a prize he was able to name the 1 out of fifty-some half-baked ideas from Paul that actually got through in his illustrious career

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

That'll change the world
    Stop changing the subject, you owe dude peizes.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about "Let's make the government smaller and more transparent"
    What is Romney's platform " I'm a 60 year old Ken doll that stands for both sides of every issue" ?
    2012 and the first criticism you have of another male is how he looks?

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I saw that sniper show, ABE. The punk ran away after hitting him, you know, like in grade school? Typical sniper puss, shoot from afar, hit and run when fighting man to man.
    I'm not sure he's that bad of a coward, or even a coward? Would you slug Ventura under any circumstances? I think he was a realist.
    I do believe Bill O "acts" more like a coward, by not inviting him on. I have lost half of any respect I ever had for Brilliant Bill. I think he's been #1 so long, something snapped inside that arrogant head of his.

12 Last