BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Fanatic looser fans that face paint and refer to team collectively as us,we and ours.

Some of these brain stems are doctors that operate on you or lawyers that do your court case.

Does anyone get embarrassed for people who refer to their favorite team in the collective sense like us,we and ours?Stuff like,we drafted a real stud with our number one pick.

As if Jerry Jones who got a huge loot of tax payer money to build his stadium thinks that you are included as being an us,we and ours when referring to being a part of the team.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

You do realize fans make the NFL what it is right?

No fans no NFL

People like this what makes the NFL the most popular sport here.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

What a loser post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i doubt these extremists are doctors or lawyers. most college-educated fans care more about their alma maters then they do pro teams, and the extremists tend to live vicariously through booster programs. crazy pro fans usually dont have any education beyond community college or high school and live vicariously through us, we, and face paint.

the exception would be in rural areas like the south where there are no pro teams close and the college teams become the main event (sec country mainly).
    Last edited by thetrinity; 01-12-12 at 10:09 AM.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I sometimes say We when I'm arguing with other fans. Not alot to the point its obnoxious but I'm sure everyone throws a "we" in there every once in a while.

Trying to act like you're not attached to your team on a sports betting forum doesn't make you cool.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

why does it bother you that some people feel a sense of community with their teams?
    and for a team like the packers it could be considered "we" since a bunch of individuals have quasi-ownership of the team

also it's easier to refer to "them" as "we".

"are we going to win tonight" vs. "are THEY going to win tonight" - nobody will know which team you are referring to as they

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    I sometimes say We when I'm arguing with other fans. Not alot to the point its obnoxious but I'm sure everyone throws a "we" in there every once in a while.

Trying to act like you're not attached to your team on a sports betting forum doesn't make you cool.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    I sometimes say We when I'm arguing with other fans. Not alot to the point its obnoxious but I'm sure everyone throws a "we" in there every once in a while. Trying to act like you're not attached to your team on a sports betting forum doesn't make you cool.
    im a steelers fan, but im not obsessed with them. i dont think hes saying hes not attached to certain teams, he just think some people take it too far. i probably have said we occasionally talking about them, but i know ultimately they arent what matters. if a player got a better offer and left i wouldnt take it personally or anything like that.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has this guy ever even responded after creating a thread? He just posts something stupid then bolts while everyone trashes him. I dont get it.

Also, I own Packers stock, therefore my team, therefore "we"

So eat me.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

When you reside in an NFL town and pay either that 1% tax to fund teams/stadiums as well as spend your money on Jersey's and merchandise or tix then yes, you have the right to call them your own.

When you shell out tens of thousands of dollars for tuition and so forth at a University for college ball as well as continued donations through various associations....yes you can call that team your own.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Steeler fan also... and I hate when people say we or us... when they do that I just ask what number on the field they are? Worst living in jets and giants country and you here we did this or that... I told this clown last year at sbr to shove the "we" he hasn't been back since.. until your paid by the team is not we

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

as a side note does anyone have college season tickets?

with my marquette basketball tickets i get a book of ncaa regulations, since i'm a season ticket holder that makes me a "booster" that has to follow rules regarding conduct and contact with potential recruits.

if i have to follow rules when i'm NOT at a game, doesn't that make me a part of something?

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

but you do realize that those players cant get paid without us fans right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Steeler fan also... and I hate when people say we or us... when they do that I just ask what number on the field they are? Worst living in jets and giants country and you here we did this or that... I told this clown last year at sbr to shove the "we" he hasn't been back since.. until your paid by the team is not we

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Doesn't mean we get paid.. were not making personal decisions or calling plays... I'm a fan not a player or coach or gm... but to each is own

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i guess to each his own. my family has a steeler party just about every game of the year, and this sunday they were screaming at the tv like it was life or death. i dont always go to these parties, but i did this sunday. i didnt really get into it 1. because i needed the broncos + the points and 2. because i knew the team was going nowhere anyways. i brought up that they werent going to beat new england with such a beat up team anyways and that didnt seem to damper their spirits. they all get dressed up head to toe in steeler garb but i usually will just wear whatever. i consider myself to know much more about football then any of them, i just dont feel the need to get so into it. theres been losses ive taken hard over the years, and i was super excited when they won the super bowl both times last decade, especially against seattle, but its just a game to me really, maybe cuz i have gambling and they dont partake in it, not sure really.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Whenever I go to a Ravens game and see the grown men in their Ravens camo I feel embarrassed for them.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I'm sure I sometimes say we when I'm talking about the Hawkeyes.

Like most gamblers who sometimes bet against their favorite team, I probably don't say it nearly as much as an asshole fanatic.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i still think college is different if you were an alumni of the school. you got a degree, you were a part of the family so to speak. ive never been a part of the steelers though. never worked for them, never owned them, just supported them and went to their games.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Whenever I go to a Ravens game and see the grown men in their Ravens camo I feel embarrassed for them.
    +1

I gave my university money for many years and they gave plenty back to me when I worked there. I use 'we/I' all the time.

I'd never use it for a pro sports team or any college team.

Those guys dressed head to toe on Sundays remind me of the people who follow HS football as if the resurrection depended on it.

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played pro sports, albeit on a minor league level...actually, for a short while, 2 different minor league sports. Baseball for half a decade...hockey, at one of the very lowest levels, for just a year.

One of the jokes in the locker rooms, way back then 40 some years ago, was always the fans [yeah even we had them] who would say stuff to us like in the hotels and bars like, "Hey we're
    going to get them tonight right?", or ""we got then now for sure" or " no way they can beat us tonight", etc, etc, etc. One thing for a young kid to say that, quite another for an adult. Dude we do the playing and you do the watching.

Yeah meat, like your going to hit that filthy ass slider tonight when the chips are down or you're going to put the puck in the top shelf in the last minute of play, or better yet, you'll drop gloves and stand up to their goon.

Just telling you guys that these type of fans were laughed at in the locker rooms. Not saying it was right, as they were paying our feeble, rock bottom salaries really, and remember we were spoiled kids for the most part.

But hey that's just the way it was back then, FWIW.
    Last edited by Mr. Jones; 01-13-12 at 12:03 PM.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

I don't paint my face but 60% of wardrobe is Patriots gear. I have hats, wallets, keychains, coffee mugs, trash cans, posters, fat heads, clocks, message boards, wrapping paper, backpacks, stickers, tattoos, socks, sweats, boxers and probably a few things I have forgotten.

But I would not say I am fanatic.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

anyone over 13 who wears a jersey is an enormous loser

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    anyone over 13 who wears a jersey is an enormous loser
    Why can't we just lower it to 10 years old, 13 is kinda high you think

TheLock