UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

question for those that have netflix

Does netflix have every movie there is? Seems since movies are streamed theyd have a database of 90% of all movies made from the 90's and on. I took a 1 month free trial and i cant find anything to watch. seems any movie id like to watch( new or old), isnt on there. And im talking blue collar popular movies. Is this because its a trial period? Thanks...

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I have netflix and it isn't that great. Many movies are just old. Trial is the same as the real deal.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

I looked at their selection for the trial offer and wasn't impressed. They had a VERY limited selection for each genre.

Stick with torrents. Get anything you want for free

sickler
    Facade 101

and I don't the trial offer selection is any different than the paid selection....

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Yeah the streaming selections are pretty week and are the same for the trial..As sickler said, Id stick to torrents. It is technically stealing but when I see Brad Pitt getting out of a $200,000 car with Angelina on his shoulder I dont feel so bad for pirating Moneyball....

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasFunke View Post
    Yeah the streaming selections are pretty week and are the same for the trial..As sickler said, Id stick to torrents. It is technically stealing but when I see Brad Pitt getting out of a $200,000 car with Angelina on his shoulder I dont feel so bad for pirating Moneyball....
    It's legal in Canada as far as I know

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Seeing films in poor quality using torrent sites is a pathetic way to experience a movie shot in high quality, but Netflix is still very poor in their instant viewing selections.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Netflix has good TV show streaming options....for the movies you would want to get the dvds/blu-rays by mail.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Seeing films in poor quality using torrent sites is a pathetic way to experience a movie shot in high quality, but Netflix is still very poor in their instant viewing selections.
    Go to piratebay. Look for uploader "extremezone".

Great rips

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

No, the streaming selection sucks as far as new mainstream movies. I just reactivated my account recently after they cut the price to $8 a month. I think their documentary and TV season selections are worth it, and you can find quite a few good older movies there still.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    No, the streaming selection sucks as far as new mainstream movies. I just reactivated my account recently after they cut the price to $8 a month. I think their documentary and TV season selections are worth it, and you can find quite a few good older movies there still.
    Yeah it's under $10/month

Pre-internet we had to go to the video store and rent movies. Would be lucky to get two daily rentals for $10

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

HorsePlay
    HorsePlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

IMHO, Netflix is one of the best things going. I've been with them a couple of years... and started with them before they split-up the two services. Back then, I'm sure they must have lost money on me. I had the plan where you could have one DVD out at a time, but there was no limit on how many you could watch over any time period. I would get and return between 2 and 3 DVDs per week. The postage alone which Netflix pays would have put a serious dent in their profit... if they had any. If you are mostly into very recent feature film releases, their instant streaming service is not that good. You would have to also get their DVD service as well. It all depends on what you like watching... whenever you want. I like some of the older movies... they have all the James Bond films. I also like the documentaries and the TV series they have of entire seasons... both current and older shows.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Netflix has good TV show streaming options...

This. Plus good Docu's and enough older and newer movies to keep me interested.

I like the streaming cuz I always find something I meant to watch and forgot about. Like last night we watched 'Page One, the inside story of the NY times'..I've been wanting to see that, but not enough to think of it and go find it at Blockbuster. Also a movie called The Perfect Host..I would have never rented that, but it was good. Plus Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Louis C.K. show, The League..And stand up comics etc.

I have the option with 2 discs sent out at a time, you have to wait a month or 2 for new movies but I'm ok with that.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17891

Great for kids, tons of kid shows and movies. Not really any new releases.