dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Betting only a couple games does not work!

I lost over 1000 betpoints and like $500 on 5dimes in the last month yet my local I am up like 5k in the last 2 months! my local uses a website that uses pinny lines. on their I have like 8k in credit......with all that credit I bet games I only like a little and games I like alot for more. I bet LTAs games and LTprofits games....I bet line moves against the public line moves...overs unders ML shots teases parlays...all kinds of bets everyday..on sbr and 5d I can only bet 1 or 2 units.....str8 bets..how can I be stuck betting the correct way on 5dimes and SBR? yet up 5k just betting more with my local? all you people who say not to make too many bets is wrong! if you are a $50 better and have 5k bet at least half of it everyday! thats the only way to win!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of different theories on that, some spot bet and some like to bet lots of games

I like betting a lot of games for the action and to mask my issues

Dredder get me laid man..its been 14 years

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I havent gotten laid in so long I might be a virgin again! I dont go out anymore when I am not working I am on here. or staring at lines.

not quit 14 years though....but at least 6

svbradshaw
    svbradshaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, by putting the law of large numbers as much in your favor as possible, I would also suggest betting lots of games. At the very least, it will smooth out your returns so that one bad day doesn't kill you.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If you are a +EV bettor, then volume is your friend and you should have less variance assuming you don't overbet.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    Betting only a couple games does not work for me please help!!!
    Fixed it...........

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I doubt I will bet 3 hoops games today

Impossible to follow

LetsWin
    LetsWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe this is similar to the rationale behind the diversification of a portfolio.

The trick, IMO, is not creating overlap in betting strategies so if one system craps out for the day, you don't double your loss. Of course, there are those who will argue that you can double your wins but I prefer a less aggressive approach.

And if two systems give conflicting plays, I'd just lay off. Perfect example for me was tonight's Islanders/Coyotes totals; really really should have passed but went the wrong way and the last minute goal ruined any chance of a + night.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spot betting is a good approach if you know what you are doing.

I try to spot bet,but so far I've bet everyday this year to date

good thing I go big on the spot bets and smaller on the daily ones