JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Monte... I'm not saying that The Unforgiven 3 is better than the original. And I'm certainly not saying that MetallicA's new stuff is better than their old stuff. What I am saying is... Death Magnetic is a great album. And compared to most top 40 stuff that has come out in the last 10 years Death Magnetic is brilliant.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's cos you don't know most bands, here is an example of a good slow song (it's just an outro, but gives you an idea how many more talented bands there are compared to the average crap Metallica turned into).

Or you could just stay with...let's say Kreator, here one of their newer songs.
    This makes new Metallica look silly.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Monte... a couple of things here... I'm not sure how much of Unforgiven 3 you listened to but it's only slow for around the first minute or so.

About the 2 songs you posted... the whispering in the first song just doesn't do it for me. It sort of reminds me of something I would see in a Twilight movie. As far as Kreator goes... I couldn't get into them when I was in high school and I still can't. It's hard for me to fathom that anyone could like either of the songs you posted more than The Unforgiven 3. But hey... to each is own. You like what you like and I like what I like. My favorite band in recent years is a band called Hot Water Music. You've probably never heard of them and probably wouldn't like them. But here's a sample anyway:

First 12