MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Go double or nothing on Baylor over 79 tonight !!

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    I'm not asking for a lesson in morality here guys, I'm just asking if I have anything to be worried about. He knows where I work, I don't want any problems at work arising because I'm late on my bookie payments. I know what I've been doing is wrong, this whole dui mess is a huge wake up call. But yes, I am only 22. Young and dumb...
    When you mention lawyers and court he is going to tell you to pay him what you can each payday. The last thing he wants is any trouble with the law and the fact you are only 22 probably scares him to begin with.

He will probably limit your action but the way it sounds that is a good thing.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

provide some collateral, or do you have a CC? If so, ask if he has paypal and have him send you an invoice for a decent amount of it. You can then pay with your CC. Trying to think what else you can do...try and get some money at the pawn shop...not sure what else there is for you...never been in this situation. I was fortunate to not discover gambling until after college and I had a steady income coming in.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    1500 isnt a lot. if uve paid him for months, hell do a payment plan.
    Bookies don't make a living ignoring 1500 debts...horrible way to build a bad rep if they did. If I was a bookie, I wouldn't care how large or small someone's debt owed to me is, it's the principle of the matter. I'd send some Ukrainians over and get $1500 worth of satisfaction. Your bookie has been upright with you and has kept his end of the bargain with paying you always on time, which leads me to believe that he's no slouch. You better be proactive with coming up with a reasonable solution and several alternatives, if your first solution gets rejected. Nice knowing you.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I just got a dui and have to pay the courts and lawyers like 3k I am going to pay him back, it's just going to take awhile...
    Just tell him what you just said here and set up a payment plan, if youve always been on time before he most likely will work with you in your situation.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Flipper I hope you figure it out

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Tell him the truth and pay what you can when you can. A good bookie just doesn't like to be stiffed as long as you are trying to payback with no BS your OK its more the respect thing with under 10k than anything else.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5453

Most lawyers will let you make payments and you could possibly put off a DUI court date for about 3 years so no real hurry to pay any fines there.

You should be able to make payments to the lawyer and bookie and pay the DUI fines once you go to trial in 2-3 years.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

do what SwingingJohnson did, turn him into the feds when you owe.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Give this guy's number to JJ and let him make a video on how to deal with bookies.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11818

Give him something. They don't like it when u pay o. Give him $100 and set up payment plan. U will have no problem. U think u r the 1st one. Do not ignore him. Worst thing u can do. Tell the truth

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

yeah guys are right that say call him and set up a plan, but when you do set it up have the first $100 bones ready. my homie owed a bookie 3 grand and paid him over about 6 months but that was after the bookie showed up to his work to find out what was going on, not in a ima kick your ass way but kind of to let him know that he needed to do something about it.
    Last edited by Maxmillion; 12-29-11 at 03:09 PM.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Op as a ex bookie/loan shark myself I was much less tougher on clients who came to me when they couldn't pay and were honest. Much rathered that than having to go hunting. Hunting equals headaches which equals more money

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Are you from Miami?

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

I'm going to speak with him tomorrow. Going to be straight up with him and let him know my ordeal and that I'll get him the money as soon as I can. With 500 for rent a month, this dui and 1500 owed to the bookie it might take a while to get back to him but I'm going to eventually, I guess he's just gonna have to understand that.

Gambling on credit is never a good thing, I got tilted last week and went nuts with my credit limit. If I ever do gamble again it's going to be with me posting up my own money instead of gambling with someone elses...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Gl man....if you wanted to get rid of the debt just fade your dolphins this week and take the jets for 1500.....jk pal you'll be alright if you make a plan to pay

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

I'm going to speak with him tomorrow. Going to be straight up with him and let him know my ordeal and that I'll get him the money as soon as I can. With 500 for rent a month, this dui and 1500 owed to the bookie it might take a while to get back to him but I'm going to eventually, I guess he's just gonna have to understand that.

Gambling on credit is never a good thing, I got tilted last week and went nuts with my credit limit. If I ever do gamble again it's going to be with me posting up my own money instead of gambling with someone elses...

That's the way to handle it.

GL

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Funny thing is, I'm still open this week on his book with a 500 credit limit. I'm so tempted to throw some on Tulsa tomorrow to win some back but that probably wouldn't be too smart. One side of my head says I'm so far down and can't pay that I should bet till he shuts me off anyway, then one side says I should just cut my losses at 1500. Decisions decisions.....

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

Fukk him. buy a gun and get a new bookie.

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

This is for the Guy who owes Bookie....

Xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx.
    Last edited by Leo Bello; 12-30-11 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Illegal gambling Illegal gambling

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Seems reasonable.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

better watch your back...if he wants that $$$ that bad he's gonna come collect...get a tazer

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just speak to him and explain all

Wish you good luck

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

GL, man. It's not a tremendous amount of money. Just put your nose down and get it paid off. You're doing the right thing by being honest. He just wants his money, in the end, so no matter how hard it will be for you, just make it happen. Hoping for the best. I just hope the juice isn't too bad.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

YES!!! You have people in here telling you the best thing to do... some play with locals, some are locals, some used to be. Follow your own words of wisdom in the post I quoted. All of it.

Funny thing is, I'm still open this week on his book with a 500 credit limit. I'm so tempted to throw some on Tulsa tomorrow to win some back but that probably wouldn't be too smart. One side of my head says I'm so far down and can't pay that I should bet till he shuts me off anyway, then one side says I should just cut my losses at 1500. Decisions decisions.....
    Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Do NOT bet more

mission
    mission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Bello View Post
    Follow this advice (common sense): (1) Call him or find him immediately. Don't let him call you to arrange your regular meet. Don't allude to your problem over the phone, whatever you do. (2) Take your paycheck copy and DUI information and checkbook balance and present them all to him. (3) Leave the payment suggestions up to him, though express your opinion what is reasonable and what is unrealistic. (4) Promise him (and don't lie) that you will not bet with anyone else until you are paid in full. (5) A lot of DUIs can qualify for ARD programs (once you stay out of trouble, the conviction drops off your record).

If nothing else, he'll admire your set of balls (they're rarer than you think these days).

Good Luck and God Bless!
    This. The 'he's just gonna have to understand' stuff ain't gonna fly too well. Follow this advice to a T. Handing a guy $100 IMO is an insult.

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

You are OK, if you cannot pay it all right now, it is what it is. No one is going to do anything to you over $1500. The only problem is you will probably have to find another bookie after you pay him off.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Finding another bookie is no problem lol, I know a lot of places down here to get action. Thats the least of my worries right now though.

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stiff him and never gamble again

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been with him for about 4 months now, always paid him on time, he's always paid me on time. Max i've ever owed him was 600 however. I just got a dui and have to pay the courts and lawyers like 3k so bookie has to kinda go on the backburner. I can probably have him paid off in a couple months, do you think he will go nuts? I'm going to pay him back, it's just going to take awhile...

depends on who your bookie works for. find that out first before he goes on the backburner. maybe the courts should go on the backburner. all depends on who he is

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

This is illegal gambling and should be discouraged. Mission has good advice, but the other idiot should be totally ignored since this is illegal gambling. Ban this asxhole ASAP! (Not Mission poster, the other guy).

Johnrl21
    Johnrl21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2097

I know this kid wanted serious advice here....but I got to admit this thread has contained some of the funniest posts I've seen in awhile........but in all honesty, as long as you're straight with people you shouldn't have a major problem.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I will tell you my past experiences with this very issue. I am now 34 years old and do not and will not ever have a bookie again. I have been in the same shoes you are standing in now twice before. Once I was 20 years old and had a bookie for about 2-3 months or so at the time. I had been doing alright. By alright I mean was winning between $300-$1000 a week for a few weeks in a row. I then lost like $500. The next week I lost like $1500 or so. I really can't remember the amount. Well I no longer had the money. This was before cell phones though. I don't know how looking back on this now but I just never got a hold of the bookie and he never came looking for me. I was worried for a while but turned out okay. Now the second run in I had was much worse. I was now like 25 and found a bookie through a friend at work. I was doing well again this time I had won probably $4000 in a 4 week span. Then the last week, with the bookie, I got SMOKED. When I say smoked I mean a beat down. No parlays. It was week 17 of the NFL and I was betting teams that HAD to win and I went and lost EVERY game on Sunday that I bet, like 0-8 or some shit. It was absolutely sick. I was down like $2500 by the end of the afternoon games Sunday. So I tried to double or nothing on Sunday night football. Of course I lose this as well. **** Eli Manning. Then scared as shit because I was down over $5000 and of course spent most of the cash I won the past month. So I ******* bet $5000 on a ******* over of a basketball game on Monday night, the last day of the week. Tried to catch up. Sure as shit, I lost. No joke I was a free throw away from going to OT. Guy got foulded on a three and missed a FT. Went under by like 2 points. I wanted to throw up. Well I had to tell the wife, and figure this out. I was able to buy a little time, like a week to come up with a plan. I borrowed whatever money I could from friends and with the rest which was like $4000 I paid him money every week. Shit part was that I had to pay %5 juice on whatever I owed. I had a good job though, blackjack dealer, and was able to pay it as quick as I could. That was the last time I ever played with a bookie and I hope this be a lesson to you if you are anything like me and can't control yourself, that this be your last time as well. Deposit what you can and you won't have to worry about getting your knee's broken or being harassed at work. That last time was probably the darkest day of my life. Scary shit. Don't let it happen to you man. Trust me.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Seattle trailed for only six of the game’s 48 minutes, yet never led by more than eight points—and Lewis gave the Heat a golden chance to extend the game into overtime.
    With the score 98-95, he fouled Miami’s Eddie Jones on a 3-point try with 0.4 seconds remaining. But the Heat guard—a 78.7 percent shooter entering the game—connected on only one of three free-throw attempts, the last of which he missed intentionally.

That's the recap I spent an hour trying to find lol. I am going to get the dallas/nyg one too that I lost on the game before this one. Shit was sick. I had to watch this one on my cell phone because the wife and I were out celebrating our anniversary. I mean I wanted to throw up when I read http MISSED ft.

Okay here is the Sunday night game that after losing with Dallas -4 let me to betting the over in the NBA game Monday night. Was pretty dirty. Biggest bet of my life at this point, untill the next day on the over of the Miami/Seattle game

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250102019
    Last edited by Ez Money 77; 12-30-11 at 03:18 AM.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

I know the feeling, seems like some days whatever you do you just can't win. Might as well flip a coin because capping this stuff in the wrong mental state is about the same effect

First 123 Last