TheSterNYK
    TheSterNYK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Can someone explain to me what the money line is?

So for example. The packers play the lions this sunday. If the lions are getting -90 and the packers are getting +165...does that mean if i pick the lions...i have to risk $90 in order to get whatever amount? Basically the money line is a straight bet but your risking more? I would just appreciate more clarity haha. Thanks guys.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Lion ML-190

You would have to bet 190 to win 100.
    Another way to calculate your win is to divide amount bet by 1.9, that will give you amount to win.

GB ML + 165

If you bet 100, you win 165. Another way to look at this is multiply your amount bet by 1.65 to calculate amount to win.

Good luck!

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its cocaine so pure that when you chop it up and snort it 98% of everyone who tries it says "Damn thats Money"!

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by TheSterNYK View Post
    So for example. The packers play the lions this sunday. If the lions are getting -90 and the packers are getting +165...does that mean if i pick the lions...i have to risk $90 in order to get whatever amount? Basically the money line is a straight bet but your risking more? I would just appreciate more clarity haha. Thanks guys.
    Yes ML bet means just a straight up win. No points or points spread. Just win

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!