BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Being that he plays indoors,shouldn't Brees be humble over beating Marino's record?

Playing outdoors in Miami was pretty near as crappy as playing in Green Bay in the cold months for Marino,Favre and Rogers.And Brees is the kind of weasel that sucks up all the publicity he can get.I was so tired of seeing him say that it was up to him to help New Orleans get out of dire straits when Catrina hit.What an ego!!!It was the federal government that even had to loot tax payers to repair the stadium that Brees plays in.You didn't see Brees say that they were going to raise stadium repair money instead of accepting national tax payer stadium welfare.I want to see it be 50 below windchill when he plays in Green Bay in a few weeks where he lays an egg.He's just a girlie man that goes on Oprah's and Ellen Degenerate's shows.Playing indoors as a quarterback is like an online poker player punk who never played live poker saying he's as seasoned as an old school Doyle type player.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 12-27-11 at 01:38 AM.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Since when is playing in Miami considered difficult?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

and brady still might get the record and it will be beat, the game is different, cb can't do anything anymore
    Marino wasn't trying to break a record when he broke it
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave ttwarrior1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

WvGambler gave ttwarrior1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dutch

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

He was very humble IMO, gave all the credit to coaches, linemen, backs, receivers and even the guy that "shags there balls"

He's also done a hell of a lot for the city of New Orleans. He's donated a lot of time and money. Seems like a good guy.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Who gives a fukk that he set a record. Great, you topped Marino's record. Its a fukking QB league now it'll be broken again in the next 5 years at the very latest.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Brees seems like a good guy, least on the surface.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Yeah the NFL's so much different now. It was only a matter of time until someone threw for over 5100 yards. Those little screens to Darren Sproles add up.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Once teebow settles in he'll break the record too

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Yeah the NFL's so much different now. It was only a matter of time until someone threw for over 5100 yards. Those little screens to Darren Sproles add up.
    Always wished the qb only got credit for the yards at the point of the catch while the receiver got credit for the yards from scrimmage and run after the catch.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

LOL, does the original poster think Brees is cocky? Dude is a class act.

And I'm sure his record won't stand for more than 5 years. I'm sure Brady, Rodgers, or Brees himself will break it within the next 5 years.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Really man? Ellen Degenerate? Stadium welfare? Most stadiums are built on tax dollars on the premise of economic stimulation. You must be pretty pissed about your Falcons +7

And fwiw, I am completely unashamed of my man-crush on Drew Brees.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Marino is still a better qb. It's a different game now. Different ramifications and allowances of rules. Just like baseball in the 70's and 80's, the numbers are better now. Drew Brees is a class gentlemen but Dan Marino is a better qb. Marino had 0 support in a running game and lousy receivers like O.J. McDuffie in his latter years. You're telling me that if Brees's best receiver was McDuffie, he'd throw for major yardage? I don't believe it. The best receiver that Marino ever had was Mark Clayton. Duper was good but hooked on drugs. During the times of the "Marks Brothers", Marino had Tony Nathan and Andra Franklin as his running backs. Let Brady, Rodgers, and Brees play with a supporting cast like that. They wouldn't fare as well.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Marino is still a better qb. It's a different game now. Different ramifications and allowances of rules. Just like baseball in the 70's and 80's, the numbers are better now. Drew Brees is a class gentlemen but Dan Marino is a better qb. Marino had 0 support in a running game and lousy receivers like O.J. McDuffie in his latter years. You're telling me that if Brees's best receiver was McDuffie, he'd throw for major yardage? I don't believe it. The best receiver that Marino ever had was Mark Clayton. Duper was good but hooked on drugs. During the times of the "Marks Brothers", Marino had Tony Nathan and Andra Franklin as his running backs. Let Brady, Rodgers, and Brees play with a supporting cast like that. They wouldn't fare as well.
    A lot of truth here, but Brady and Manning have both, at times, played with less than stellar casts...

Dallas Clark is good. Manning made it him a whole lot better...Maybe the same can be said about Gronk as well.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    A lot of truth here, but Brady and Manning have both, at times, played with less than stellar casts... Dallas Clark is good. Manning made it him a whole lot better...Maybe the same can be said about Gronk as well.
    Same can be said about the Mark Brothers tandem. Marino made them a lot better than they actually were. They were no where as good in college ....

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Brees hasn't exactly had stars at RB or WR. His best WR, Colston wasn't even drafted. Great QBs make the players around them look much better.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Put Brees on the Browns this year and laugh.....no records...no nothing....

He should thank the NFL for changing rules where you can't touch the QB, can't hit WR's, can't cover WR's, etc.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Playing outdoors in Miami was pretty near as crappy as playing in Green Bay in the cold months for Marino,Favre and Rogers.And Brees is the kind of weasel that sucks up all the publicity he can get.I was so tired of seeing him say that it was up to him to help New Orleans get out of dire straits when Catrina hit.What an ego!!!It was the federal government that even had to loot tax payers to repair the stadium that Brees plays in.You didn't see Brees say that they were going to raise stadium repair money instead of accepting national tax payer stadium welfare.I want to see it be 50 below windchill when he plays in Green Bay in a few weeks where he lays an egg.He's just a girlie man that goes on Oprah's and Ellen Degenerate's shows.Playing indoors as a quarterback is like an online poker player punk who never played live poker saying he's as seasoned as an old school Doyle type player.
    Or like an illiterate kid that hides behind a computer monitor and talks trash on a message board

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    and brady still might get the record and it will be beat, the game is different, cb can't do anything anymore Marino wasn't trying to break a record when he broke it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    On the MNF broadcast, they showed a comparison of the average pass yardage per team when Marino set the record verses Brees, which showed that Brees' raw performance was roughly equal to slightly better than Dan's, discounting supporting cast differences.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Always wished the qb only got credit for the yards at the point of the catch while the receiver got credit for the yards from scrimmage and run after the catch.
    That'd have been a good idea, I agree. Probably too late now, lest people have to look over every past game. Oh wait, there are statistics on this already, right? I yards-after-catch and whatever the metric is for passing never caught on.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Catrina

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Catrina
    I noticed this first too.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    drew brees is one of the most classy people in the nfl
    u are obviously an idiot

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Yes this is a passing league, but just getting 5,000 yards is rare until this season. With Brees doing it twice, while Brady should be the 4th ever to accomplish that feat. Still a very difficult to do, just as it is rushing for 2,000 yards, with only 6 players to ever do that.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Whats the excuse going to be when Brady also breaks this record this year???? he needs like 190 this week to break it also, and has a game the following week also..........

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Brees record = meh

81_84
    81_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

who the fuk said he wasn't humble? The guy is nothing but humble. Good job at starting another useless she thread. And BTW I have to lol at all the "experts" and their insightful argument , "the league is different now" , "its a QB league now". LMFAO did trey wingo tell you that? I mean all these guys throwing for 5000+ , It's amazing . Everybody with a pulse gets its a different league , but its still an awsome feat. Plus were talking about an all time top 5 QB in Brady and a all time top 10-12ish QB in Brees.

81_84
    81_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 81_84 View Post
    who the fuk said he wasn't humble? The guy is nothing but humble. Good job at starting another useless she thread. And BTW I have to lol at all the "experts" and their insightful argument , "the league is different now" , "its a QB league now". LMFAO did trey wingo tell you that? I mean all these guys throwing for 5000+ , It's amazing . Everybody with a pulse gets its a different league , but its still an awsome feat. Plus were talking about an all time top 5 QB in Brady and a all time top 10-12ish QB in Brees.
    *sbr*

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

reminds me of the steriod era of mlb