zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course teams take nights off, but when the great teams take a night off against terrible teams, they still win. No excuse losing to a team as bad as the suns.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-07-12 at 07:01 PM.

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

celtics best in the east

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

No excuse for that loss last night. Dont care that PDX got in at 5AM. From a talent standpoint, everybody on this board will tell you Portland is 10x better than the Suns.
    Its one thing to be tired, but its another to not show up at all. Phoenix had numerous blow by layups, and most of their shots were uncontested good looks. When your coach is putting in 2nd/3rd string players w/ 10 minutes left, you know you ****** up.

Every team takes nights off, but as a blazers fan, I expected much better. I still think PDX is a top 3 team out west, but they need to bring their A game outside of the Rose Garden more often. Felton has been a key factor in pushing the pace, but he also has too many turnovers.

Oh, and to the guy that thinks Philly should have won, did you watch the same game? Lou Williams, and AI hit 4 or 5 heavily contested step back 3s in the 4th to even make that game close. PDX dominated.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    How stupid are some people that post on here? Portland didn't get into Phoenix till 5 in the morning son. Coming off a back to back fatigue set in and Portland got blown out. Nothing more nothing less Portland will still be one of the top teams out west.
    These guys fly private Charter so it doesnt matter what time they get in off a flight. Hell, on the road these guys probably dont sleep at all especially when they hit Miami or LA. These guys complaining or people using landing times as an excuse is a total crock of shit.

Not sure why they got in that late anyway. But it is a non factor. Look at the shit schedule Chicago has had and then whine about Portland being able to rest half their team in a blow out win against LA. Total joke.

Sure theyre good but they havent proven shit yet, other than they can beat bad teams at home.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Shameless bump for JJ since he thinks I am so sharp.... Like I said Portland is a nice team AT HOME, they get totally destroyed by a horrible Pho team last night. Sure just one game but to me that is coaching. Going in expecting a win and trying to coast through it. That embarrassment may end up helping them in the long run.But if it is more than a lack of focus it wont. I will show a pattern of the inability to win on the road. Philly total blow out of Detroit which was no shock, the -8 opener was though.
    Wait, did you take that thread seriously?

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Wait, did you take that thread seriously?
    not really but those posts were pretty sharp nontheless.

That being said Clippers took a night off last night as well and they still won. Didnt cover and were clearly going through the motions but they still won. Similar to how Portland could have probably taken a day off this next game off at home rather than on the road at Phoenix.

Clippers real tests are coming up this week. I think they go 6-2 in those game, If they go 4-4 or worse then they have a lot more work to do that I think.

They helped their horrible rebounding by finally getting Evans off the injured list and into the game.

Game should have been a 20PT blowout considering the injuries Mil had but Clips just goofed off. I didnt like that too much from them as theyre trying to be serious and make some statements but I guess they think they need to take it easy here and there as long as they win no harm no foul to them maybe. Statement games are coming up against Miami, Lakers, and on the road at Portland. Then they get a real day off and a home game against the Nets which is also like a day off.

Either way Tuesday will be a match up of the teams in this thread. Clips 1-0 at home Portland now has them on the road, like I said before a Clippers win makes them the 'better team'. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Clips 1-0 at home Portland now has them on the road, like I said before a Clippers win makes them the 'better team'.
    that's just nonsense. A regular season win doesn't prove anything. Hell, winning two in a row in the reg season is misguided if you only go by regular season head-to-head games (especially when the final score is very close as the game you alluded to). Teams don't game plan much in the regular season, and that's a fact coming from a hall of fame coach.

PS-

The Heat were 0-3 vs the Bulls in the regular season last year. Beat em 4-1 in the playoffs.

The Heat were 1-3 vs the Celtics in the regular season, getting blown out in a couple of them. Then handled them easily beating them 4-1 in the playoffs.

and I can give so many more examples that would make your head spin

Again, teams don't game plan much in the regular season. The playoffs however, is an entirely different animal. Teams game plan heavily for a 2-week 7-game series. Matchups are more identified with a much higher level of purpose. Film study is increased ten-fold. Priorities are totally different, and on multiple levels

In a 7-game playoff series, a healthy Blazers team knocks a healthy Clippers team out in 5 games.... six games if there's a game where the clippers receive heavy favoritism with the refs. But the Blazers would knock them out in FIVE games, 6 games "tops"

Last edited by PR9; 01-08-12 at 11:31 AM.

zsr

Well that fell apart quick for Portland

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Well that fell apart quick for Portland
    Go read some posts from a guy who knows what he is talking about (me).

Portland is a nice team but they cant win on the road, so to be lumped into the conversation as one of the best teams in the league they have to beat teams they are better at on the road. But they cant beat anyone.

Clippers are beating teams theyre supposed to beat at home. They lost two games, one at SA with all their (SA's) players, and at Portland. Two tough places to play. So no real shame there.

Clippers blew out lakers last night without Mo Williams. Granted Lakers are borderline lottery team but they showed just how much better they are than them. Kobe is in selfish mode now. He is just getting his and letting everyone else go through the motions, that is just going to make this team even worse down the road. He can score 35-40 a night and beat the shit teams they have, but against good teams the Lakers are going to get buried. They'll go 0-5 these next few games more than likely, maybe 1-4 if they get a lucky win.

Clippers now have an issue with Chris Paul and a strained hamstring. They can beat NJ without him, might even be able to steal one in Tah if Mo plays. Tough one will be at home against dallas on the third game of a back to back to back. Then they have two beatable teams at home in the next 5 days, then the Lakers again. So their schedule isnt horrible going forward. Even with out Paul but with Williams they shouldnt lose more than 2 of those games. thats about 16 days. Paul should be fine by then, strains are usually 7-10 day deals but giving them an extra few days is always good to make sure they dont come back. So 14 days they play at Den and home to OKC,theyll need paul to win those games. even with him those games are going to be tough.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dynamite140

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Chicago Bulls are the best team in the NBA this year.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Chicago Bulls are the best team in the NBA this year.
    right now no doubt they have played and won more road games than anyone against top notch opponents.

Regular season really doesnt mean much to the top teams as they can win on the road anyway. But for teams like the Clips and Portland home court is a bigger advantage and necessity to them.

zsr

Lol at everyone who thought Portland was elite, will they even make the playoffs
    Last edited by zsr; 01-23-12 at 12:20 AM.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Lol at everyone who thought Portland was elite, will they even make the playoffs
    Theyll finish about 8 games ahead of the Lakers.

zsr

Every single post you make is about the lakers and how bad they are?

I'm a bulls fan, it's just obvious to everyone besides you that the lakers won't be anywhere near the lottery and will be a top 5 team. Continuing to argue this with you is a waste of time
    Last edited by zsr; 01-23-12 at 01:02 AM.

First 123