ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Oh Mayan isnt going to like this

Haven't seen Mayan check in today.

Could this be him?

COLTON, Calif. — Police say a naked, 300-pound bodybuilder savagely beat a Southern California couple at their home, leaving them in critical condition.
    Police say the couple came home late Saturday to find Arzu naked on the front porch of their home in Colton.
    When Arzu was confronted by the 35-year-old husband, police say the bodybuilder attacked the man, causing major head trauma.
    The man's wife called 911. Police say Arzu then picked her up and threw her around, causing facial injuries and multiple cuts to her head.
    Arzu was booked on suspicion of attempted homicide.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    323 represent

You may be my neighbor

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    If I had a gun and wanted to rob someone, it wouldn't matter to me if they were trained fighters or not. You gotta be smart enough to make sure they can't reach the gun, and to shoot if they try to. But thankfully most people who mug don't think like me, and are just idiots looking for drug money or money to pay off their bookie after they dropped 10 grand on Mayhem when they have 500 bucks to their name.
    Yeah obviously having a gun or a knife is a different matter. Im talking about and referring to general petty drunken brawls in clubs or just general wanting to fight somebody because they looked at you funny. In MMA hotspots this type of thing is apparently decreasing because of the awareness factor

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Prolly this summer. Will be in. N Hollywood.
    If you get a chance holla at ya boy when you touch down

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

If you get a chance holla at ya boy when you touch down

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good story
    MMA guy got lucky
    This easily could of gone bad

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Mexicans are good people.
    except in mexico lol

teaserpleaser

Oh boy

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

You guys sure it was McCulley? Sounds like Mitrione to me w/ the description. Then again, sounds like a few HW's.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

You may be my neighbor
    Where you at? I'm between Franklin Ave and Hollywood Blvd, Los Feliz-ish.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

would have loved to have seen some video of this beatdown. Great story!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    You guys sure it was McCulley? Sounds like Mitrione to me w/ the description. Then again, sounds like a few HW's.
    All I know is that McCulley fits the size and age description, his first name is Justin (as reported) and he was in Chicago on the 1st of December (see his twitter)... makes sense to me!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You know he's sitting somewhere saying "Man, why didn't I just leave him in the car?"

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    A study was done in Huntington Beach that suggested that crime such as assault had decreased dramatically since MMA gyms had developed in the area. It's one of the things that the UFC should be using to promote the sport - that by creating more mixed martial artists they are actually reducing crime because everybody is aware that the guy in front of them might be more dangerous than them!

You have a link to the study / what is the source of the study? I'd like to read it because I would highly disagree with that.

I'm from the HB area, and while I agree that I'm sure mma fighters might have some effect on decreased crime, I believe in the opposite... I'm a huge fan of the sport, so don't take any of this the wrong way. I think that the upper level pros such as ufc caliber fighters or veterans who have for a long while competed in mma for a living would fall into a positive category and would certainly deter criminals or even stop crime as we've read in articles like this and in other cases.

HOwever MANY of the fights and brawls I see outside of main street and other popular areas of HB and north oc , fights and brawls that are often completely uncalled for and are often unprovoked assaults and fights, are started by dumb ass mma meat heads.

Never seen nor heard a big name fighter get into it (although my friend who is 220 lbs almost got murdered by lil Joe benavidez lol), but I'd say about half of the fights I've witnessed are from douchebags who say they 'train' and rock their camp gear and tap out/afflication nonsense. And I believe they do train because I've seen some around before and some of them have some nice technique as they get into it - but they're punks who go out looking to start shit for someone looking at them the wrong way or making a comment they didn't like / disagree with - typical bar room drama and street side temper tantrums. Obviously many of these guys aren't pro mma fighters, but they are affiliated with local gyms and might fight on smaller circuts. I know KIngs MMA and Reign claim they kick you out if you get into an unecessary fight, but both my room mates who train there say there are some real cocky douche bag bros there who like to go out and start shit at night. One of my roomate's best friends I despise - the guy is a total punk and seriously gets into it everywhere he goes, along with a couple other dudes who've trained outta Juanito Ibarra's gym in Westminister (no discredit to Juanito, my old neighbor who got a bad rap due to a lying piece of shit Rampage Jackson). However I will admit that many of these clowns are young ass kids probably 18-23 years old or so and haven't matured to realize how serious their actions can be.

I think it goes both ways, and to be honest (not to bash the sport in anyway, but coming from my own realist perspective), I bet there are more uncalled for assults from mma affiliated individuals than there are preventions.

This article, other stories and the study you've read might say otherwise and point to a positive note, but then again you don't get a chance to read about every negative assault and fight that goes down each night - I think if you did you'd be reading a lot more stories about uneccessary ass whoopins than crime stoppers.
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 12-06-11 at 10:41 PM.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    You know he's sitting somewhere saying "Man, why didn't I just leave him in the car?"
    thugs dont think anything. they dont have brains. they could shoot a 6-month old baby or a 90 year old man and not think twice. but our tax dollars will keep them nice and warm and then ship them out back in to the public after a short break at the U

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

All I know is that McCulley fits the size and age description, his first name is Justin (as reported) and he was in Chicago on the 1st of December (see his twitter)... makes sense to me!
    Detective Vaughany on the case

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

rere

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok i know he tried to rob him..but he's lucking out if he intentionally made him shoot himself and he isnt gettin charged with anything..dont get it twisted im glad he got what he got but im just sayin..sometimes these pricks switch it around and say you used excessive force when u didnt need to...unless he shot himself accidentally but thats not the way i read it

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    You have a link to the study / what is the source of the study? I'd like to read it because I would highly disagree with that.

I'm from the HB area, and while I agree that I'm sure mma fighters might have some effect on decreased crime, I believe in the opposite... I'm a huge fan of the sport, so don't take any of this the wrong way. I think that the upper level pros such as ufc caliber fighters or veterans who have for a long while competed in mma for a living would fall into a positive category and would certainly deter criminals or even stop crime as we've read in articles like this and in other cases.

HOwever MANY of the fights and brawls I see outside of main street and other popular areas of HB and north oc , fights and brawls that are often completely uncalled for and are often unprovoked assaults and fights, are started by dumb ass mma meat heads.

Never seen nor heard a big name fighter get into it (although my friend who is 220 lbs almost got murdered by lil Joe benavidez lol), but I'd say about half of the fights I've witnessed are from douchebags who say they 'train' and rock their camp gear and tap out/afflication nonsense. And I believe they do train because I've seen some around before and some of them have some nice technique as they get into it - but they're punks who go out looking to start shit for someone looking at them the wrong way or making a comment they didn't like / disagree with - typical bar room drama and street side temper tantrums. Obviously many of these guys aren't pro mma fighters, but they are affiliated with local gyms and might fight on smaller circuts. I know KIngs MMA and Reign claim they kick you out if you get into an unecessary fight, but both my room mates who train there say there are some real cocky douche bag bros there who like to go out and start shit at night. One of my roomate's best friends I despise - the guy is a total punk and seriously gets into it everywhere he goes, along with a couple other dudes who've trained outta Juanito Ibarra's gym in Westminister (no discredit to Juanito, my old neighbor who got a bad rap due to a lying piece of shit Rampage Jackson). However I will admit that many of these clowns are young ass kids probably 18-23 years old or so and haven't matured to realize how serious their actions can be.

I think it goes both ways, and to be honest (not to bash the sport in anyway, but coming from my own realist perspective), I bet there are more uncalled for assults from mma affiliated individuals than there are preventions.

This article, other stories and the study you've read might say otherwise and point to a positive note, but then again you don't get a chance to read about every negative assault and fight that goes down each night - I think if you did you'd be reading a lot more stories about uneccessary ass whoopins than crime stoppers.
    ha Okay I see, that's why I put "apparently" when I referred to it! I have my own suspicions that there are just as many douchebags training out of camps or just training in general who don't follow the traditional principles of Martial Arts and instead use there training in the wrong way. I read about it in a book called Fighting for Acceptance back at uni a few years ago which was by a guy called Dave Mayeda who interviewed like 20 pro and amateur fighters and conducted some of his own research in to the dangers of MMA, it's social/cultural impact etc... Although, he wasn't suggesting that MMA trained citizens are crime stoppers as such, just that people where more cognizant about other people being trained and thus thought twice about fighting them! Im sure it wasn't a thorough analysis though, and as you say he wasn''t hanging around HB every night!

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

We have more guns than anybody, but does it cut down on crime? Hell no. I doubt crime is going to decrease because some kids are walking around that know how to arm bar you.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    We have more guns than anybody, but does it cut down on crime? Hell no. I doubt crime is going to decrease because some kids are walking around that know how to arm bar you.
    Well technically yes, Vermont has the least restrictive gun-control law yet has one of the lowest crime rates in America. New Hampshire has almost no gun control and its cities are rated among the safest in the US. Across the border in Massachusetts, which has very stringent gun-control laws, cities of comparable size have two to three times as much crime as New Hampshire. I guess this is what Dave Mayeda in the book I read was trying to get across - that by controlling something and adding laws doesn't necessarily make things better. At the end of the day it's all about education and poverty

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post

a meat-head mma fighter starting a fight with a stranger for no reason other than to show off his skills isn't the same as a mugger thinking twice about robbing someone 'cos he could potentially get his ass beat... it's possible both are a result... idiots learning to fight and mis-using their skills and criminals thinking twice before messing with locals.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Definitely sounds like McCully now. "JUSTIN".

http://m.ibtimes.com/anthony-miranda...to-262298.html

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Just the "Romanian" thing that makes it iffy!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Just the "Romanian" thing that makes it iffy!
    True. It will all come out soon enough...We want to know who the HERO is!

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Similar story of UFC fighters stopping a bank hoist from earlier this year: http://www.benchedpress.com/2011/11/...d-robbery.html

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

heard a rumor it was Arloski (pitbull)

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by slatter View Post
    Similar story of UFC fighters stopping a bank hoist from earlier this year: http://www.benchedpress.com/2011/11/...d-robbery.html
    ha Not UFC fighters bro. It's like saying a MLS player when it's actually a local little league soccer team player!

jjgold

If he made him shoot himself that is attempted murder

Would love to see the thief once out of jail do same thing to him

excessive force definitely unless we read it wrong

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    ok i know he tried to rob him..but he's lucking out if he intentionally made him shoot himself and he isnt gettin charged with anything..dont get it twisted im glad he got what he got but im just sayin..sometimes these pricks switch it around and say you used excessive force when u didnt need to...unless he shot himself accidentally but thats not the way i read it
    Dude he was a punk beaner not a black dude. You can flip it on them just not the brothas in the US.

jjgold

Hope the UFC fighter does time too

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hope the UFC fighter does time too

jjgold

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Dude he was a punk beaner not a black dude. You can flip it on them just not the brothas in the US.
    watch your mouth lil boy.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post

First 123 Last