No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Typical parlay

Threw two small parlays together for the hell of it tonight.

One paid nearly 78:1 ($10 for $778):
    Item #: 1
    Wager Type: Spread
    Outcome: Win
    Sport / Period: Basketball NCAA / Game
    Line: Basketball - NCAA - Cal State Fullerton vs. Wichita State - Cal State Fullerton 12/1/2011 8:00:01 PM- (EST) +18½ -110

Item #: 2
    Wager Type: Total
    Outcome: Cancelled
    Sport / Period: Football NCAA / Game
    Line: Football - NCAA - West Virginia vs. South Florida - West Virginia/South Florida 12/1/2011 8:00:01 PM- (EST) Over 57 -110

Item #: 3
    Outcome: Loss
    Line: Football - NCAA - West Virginia vs. South Florida - West Virginia/South Florida 12/1/2011 8:00:01 PM- (EST) +1½ -110

Item #: 4
    Sport / Period: Football NFL / Game
    Line: Football - NFL - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Seattle Seahawks - Philadelphia Eagles/Seattle Seahawks 12/1/2011 8:25:01 PM- (EST) Over 43½ -110

Item #: 5
    Line: Football - NFL - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Seattle Seahawks - Philadelphia Eagles/Seattle Seahawks 12/1/2011 8:25:01 PM- (EST) +3 -115

Item #: 6
    Sport / Period: Hockey NHL / Game
    Line: Hockey - NHL - Montreal Canadiens vs. San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens/San Jose Sharks 12/1/2011 10:35:01 PM- (EST) Over 5½ +130
    And one paid nearly 28:1 ($10 for $276):
    Item #: 1
    Sport / Period: Basketball NCAA / Game
    Line: Basketball - NCAA - Cal State Fullerton vs. Wichita State - Cal State Fullerton 12/1/2011 8:00:01 PM- (EST) +18½ -110

Item #: 2
    Outcome: Cancelled
    Line: Football - NCAA - West Virginia vs. South Florida - West Virginia/South Florida 12/1/2011 8:00:01 PM- (EST) Over 57 -110

Item #: 3
    Outcome: Loss
    Line: Football - NCAA - West Virginia vs. South Florida - West Virginia/South Florida 12/1/2011 8:00:01 PM- (EST) +1½ -110

Item #: 4
    Line: Football - NFL - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Seattle Seahawks - Philadelphia Eagles/Seattle Seahawks 12/1/2011 8:25:01 PM- (EST) Over 43½ -110

Item #: 5
    Line: Football - NFL - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Seattle Seahawks - Philadelphia Eagles/Seattle Seahawks 12/1/2011 8:25:01 PM- (EST) +3 -115

Item #: 6
    Sport / Period: Hockey NHL / Game
    Line: Hockey - NHL - Montreal Canadiens vs. San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens/San Jose Sharks 12/1/2011 10:35:01 PM- (EST) Over 5½ +130
    I pushed on the USF/WVU total, but long story short, South Florida not covering by that small margin cost me about $600 on $20 in parlays tonight.

There's always one that costs you.

tymoline
    tymoline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 153

thats why you dont fade me i said all day and yesterday WVU is the best bet of the day... USF has lost like that all year

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tymoline View Post
    thats why you dont fade me i said all day and yesterday WVU is the best bet of the day... USF has lost like that all year
    Game could have gone either way. Don't act like WVU won by double digits or something. USF was driving and in prime position to kick a game winning FG when fvcking Daniels fumbled.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Can I help you with your parlay betting?

Next time you have 7 games you like write them all down on a small piece of paper and put them in a hat. Then radomly draw (5) 2 team parlays (4) 3 team parlays (3) 4 team parlays (2) 5 team parlays (1) 6 team parlay and (1) 7 team parlay.

Every time you complete the parlay you have to put those teams back into the hat and re-draw. Sounds crazy but I figured it out during deep "thought" a few yrs ago. A nite like tonite and you would have won a shit load of parlays and made a killing. Even on an average nite going 4-3 you still have a good shot a winning a few 2 teamers maybe a 3 teamer and possibly a 4 teamer. This way you are not penalized for being almost right. You still can have the lottery ticket, but on nites when you get stung by 1 loser you still walk away happy and make a nice proft. Genius huh??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Can I help you with your parlay betting?

Next time you have 7 games you like write them all down on a small piece of paper and put them in a hat. Then radomly draw (5) 2 team parlays (4) 3 team parlays (3) 4 team parlays (2) 5 team parlays (1) 6 team parlay and (1) 7 team parlay.

Every time you complete the parlay you have to put those teams back into the hat and re-draw. Sounds crazy but I figured it out during deep "thought" a few yrs ago. A nite like tonite and you would have won a shit load of parlays and made a killing. Even on an average nite going 4-3 you still have a good shot a winning a few 2 teamers maybe a 3 teamer and possibly a 4 teamer. This way you are not penalized for being almost right. You still can have the lottery ticket, but on nites when you get stung by 1 loser you still walk away happy and make a nice proft. Genius huh??
    Yeah, I like the strategy.

I've actually quit doing parlays for the most part -- hadn't put one together in a while. Every time I do, something like this happens.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yeah, I like the strategy.

I've actually quit doing parlays for the most part -- hadn't put one together in a while. Every time I do, something like this happens.

You will need to risk more for it to really pay. Obviosly bet the 2-teamers for more money and gradually scale down the bet size and the parlay odds increase.

For instance $50 2 teamers $30 3 teamers $10 4 teamers $10 5 teamers $5 6 teamers $ 5 7 teamers.

This works. But you have to be right and I wouldn't do it everyday. Only the nites you really feel you have the goods. Nite like tonite and you would have cleaned up.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    You will need to risk more for it to really pay. Obviosly bet the 2-teamers for more money and gradually scale down the bet size and the parlay odds increase.

For instance $50 2 teamers $30 3 teamers $10 4 teamers $10 5 teamers $5 6 teamers $ 5 7 teamers.

This works. But you have to be right and I wouldn't do it everyday. Only the nites you really feel you have the goods. Nite like tonite and you would have cleaned up.
    Unfortunately, I didn't feel as confident in these plays separately. And in fact, one of my solo plays was USF +2.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38361

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Game could have gone either way. Don't act like WVU won by double digits or something. USF was driving and in prime position to kick a game winning FG when fvcking Daniels fumbled.

You're the one posting this. Yet you get angry at someone else for replying.

Typical Small Bettor Syndrome characteristics shown with your post.

dynamite140

[quote=lyon804;12597461]You will need to risk more for it to really pay. Obviosly bet the 2-teamers for more money and gradually scale down the bet size and the parlay odds increase.

This works. But you have to be right and I wouldn't do it everyday. Only the nites you really feel you have the goods. Nite like tonite and you would have cleaned up.[/quote

He has Small Bettor Syndrome (SBS). So not, its not possible.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

About to happen again today.

I have 4 small parlays paying out over 11:1 total odds on about 3 units in action hinging on the UCLA ML (to win 33.2 units).

It was 30-19 Bruins when every other game in these parlays became complete and it got down to the last leg. Now they're down 7.

Unreal.

dynamite140

Does it matter how much you bet when you bet so small? And then whine when you lose and say the game was rigged?