Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Smart phones ... Pretty scary

Well, I figured if we could talk about JJ's love life this shouldn't offend anyone.

This is pretty scary if your next gen with your smart phone etc. Be forewarned the first imbedded video (well worth watching) is circa 17 minutes. Watch and cringe. Big brother IS watching.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/s...08?tag=nl.e539

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually watched a presentation on this yesterday in class. One of the ways it is being used is to profile shoppers. They post signs at mall entrances saying your cell-phone data can be read but people rarely read the signs. good post

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    Actually watched a presentation on this yesterday in class. One of the ways it is being used is to profile shoppers. They post signs at mall entrances saying your cell-phone data can be read but people rarely read the signs. good post
    Thanks Excel. Amazes me the apathy that the general public has to this type stuff. Oh well.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

hint*

stop being stupid products

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    hint* stop being stupid products
    I read earlier this year that the number of smart phones sold last year nearly doubled the number of computers. If you read the article it appears just about every popular brand is affected to some degree. Mark my words the PC hackers of last century will become the smart phone hackers of this century. Only going to get worse ... guaranteed!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

ya i agree with that, its going to keep growing. Its just filthy the amount of waste generated and money wasted from these useless incremental advances every year, its never going to change but i want no part of it. My krazr is doing just fine.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I read earlier this year that the number of smart phones sold last year nearly doubled the number of computers. If you read the article it appears just about every popular brand is affected to some degree. Mark my words the PC hackers of last century will become the smart phone hackers of this century. Only going to get worse ... guaranteed!
    android uses linux kernal, so do some of the best old school "hackers. much much closer than you think.

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5020

Easy to turn off on the Iphone.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    JJ you and Tech N9ne need to turn in your rotary dials.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Housemoney View Post
    Easy to turn off on the Iphone.
    For the techno savvy. 99.9% don't even realize this is happening.

Watch the video JJ. They're capturing your keystrokes ie login and password. Only an issue if your accounts are well funded.