Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Somebody watch the line on the Georgetown Game tonight

seems really fishy. most likely a trap for sure at those favorable numbers on the capable underdog.

vegas is not stupid....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

It's dropped so far, but I'd say if it closes at 8 or more, play Bama.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

ya wow...this line jumped out at me just now...just got up and browsing...7.5 right now.....im a sucker

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

People are going to expect trap so it isn't one.

tymoline
    tymoline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 153

Georgetown +8.5. Low scoring game take points

Glitch

i woulda guessed this line to be alabama -1.5

they have some impressive wins and good defense and some guy named marshall or mitchell or something thats goin nuts every night on the court but this georgetown squad is good for 75 points any night and they have a highly efficient offense.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Georgetown and st johns both seem to be too big of dogs, so i guess kentucky wins by 35 and alabama by 15.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by tymoline View Post
    Georgetown +8.5. Low scoring game take points
    Saw 128 this morning, 130 recent. Thought the same but after reviewing the results and the line movement passed.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

they have some impressive wins and good defense and some guy named marshall or mitchell or something thats goin nuts every night on the court but this georgetown squad is good for 75 points any night and they have a highly efficient offense.
    I don't know if I'd go that far given it's at Alabama and the Tide are ranked, but I did expect a 5/6.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

mitchell is the best scorer.....jaymichael green is the best pro prospect probably....good forward....releford can play....but they lack a true scorer....mitchell is the best they have though in that regard...but hes not a true scorer in my eyes....i like this bama team.....but i think they are getting a little too much love early after the real nice start....g'town has some length

Glitch

rankings mean very little this early in the year and georgetown Should be ranked themselves. and they will be soon.

alabama shouldnt not really be able to score with them.

yeah i remember jaymichael green from last year- that guy dominates the paint.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Like Georgetown small
    they play scrappy

tymoline

Georgetown is the longest team in the nation VCU gave bama fits i dont see why Georgetown cant

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Bama was 19-0 at home last year and have a way better roster this time

tymoline

Ive bet bama all year but i really like georetown and the line is moving in my favor

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    nobody cares if bama wins.....7.5.....and i dont know if this bama roster is actually better than last years....just some more mature key players they have now...they actually lost a few veterans from last year...i just think they key guys are more mature and getting used to a grant n what hes trying to do

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    they had a very soft home schedule last year. aside from kentucky- who else even made the dance? and they definitely didnt play georgetown.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...a-crimson-tide

and while we all seem to agree they likely have at least a slightly better chance to win, should they be able to outscore these hoyas by almost double digits?? does that make sense to anyone?

makes a little sense to me because the line is what it is- but not basketball-wise.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    nobody cares if bama wins....
    Some of us care, not all of us lay points like last night in wis/nc.

A close game can turn into 7-10 points with all the stupid fouling at the end.

Glitch

will likely take a small shot at georgetown moneyline so i also care a little. but probably just for betpoints- it is dangerous how alabamas 2 strong big men run things but possible with georgetowns skillset.

size, speed, ball movement. they get a lot of high percentage shots and will probably put a buncha fouls on both those guys early as well.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Some of us care, not all of us lay points like last night in wis/nc.

A close game can turn into 7-10 points with all the stupid fouling at the end.
    not sure what u mean about laying points in wisconsin/nc...i didnt touch that game....

all im saying is...19-0 means jack shit when yer catching 7.5 points....bama can win for all i care

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot thought duke was getting too many points vs ohio state and look what happened..

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

looks like its gonna be bama or nothing

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    A lot thought duke was getting too many points vs ohio state and look what happened..
    you mean look at the box score now after the game??

if you even watched just that one game you can see that that was not the case. and if you watched both teams' previous games this season- then that would have also likely led you to the conclusion that that was not the case.

yeah duke is a big name with a good coach so of course people are gonna think that all the time. whens the last time you even saw duke gettiing 7 1/2. this is different.

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    looks like its gonna be bama or nothing
    agreed. but im definitely leaning towards nothing.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

i hear ya....i think this is a totally different animal/game/matchup though.....

but we shall see...not trying to start a war ....just looks like a good spot/matchup for gtown....and again..i like this bama team...but i think they are getting a little too much love after this great start

gtown has battled with kansas and memphis so far

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    not sure what u mean about laying points in wisconsin/nc...i didnt touch that game....

all im saying is...19-0 means jack shit when yer catching 7.5 points....bama can win for all i care
    Lot of people liked NC -7 or whatever it was. Wisconsin covered. They lost.

I took NC ml with another ml that I really liked.

This game is a little different as it is similar to Duke/OSU.

Glitch

and despite what i thought about that duke line- i at least understood why it was what it was. (thought it was about right actually.)

has duke even covered one spread yet this year. they pushed against kansas but im not sure if they have other than that.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Lot of people liked NC -7 or whatever it was. Wisconsin covered. They lost.

I took NC ml with another ml that I really liked.

This game is a little different as it is similar to Duke/OSU.
    oh i hear you man

im just saying...i was talking about taking 7.5 points with a road team...and this guy is pointing out "bama was 19-0 last year at home" or whatever...im just saying i dont give a shit if bama wins this game or not...they can win for all i care...as long as its by no more than 7

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line has an Alabama cover written all over it............

Tech N9ne

you mean look at the box score now after the game?? if you even watched just that one game you can see that that was not the case. and if you watched both teams' previous games this season- then that would have also likely led you to the conclusion that that was not the case. yeah duke is a big name with a good coach so of course people are gonna think that all the time. whens the last time you even saw duke gettiing 7 1/2. this is different. agreed. but im definitely leaning towards nothing.
    and despite what i thought about that duke line- i at least understood why it was what it was. (thought it was about right actually.) has duke even covered one spread yet this year. they pushed against kansas but im not sure if they have other than that.
    I disagree. I watched every duke game this season. Duke had 3 wins ATS. Duke played tougher opponents up to that points as well and defeated ranked teams Kansas and Michigan. Ohio st hadn't really played anyone. Also duke was 11-1 all time in that challenge. Line seemed too high just like Georgetown. Bama is a possible play tonight

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think ya'll can find a better spot tonight than this game. This has sweatfest all over it.

Tech N9ne

just some updated betting percentages

Spread
    Georgetown 66%
    Alabama 34%

Total
    Over 85%
    Under 15%

Moneyline
    Georgetown 81%
    Alabama 19%

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

seems really fishy. most likely a trap for sure at those favorable numbers on the capable underdog.

vegas is not stupid....

There is no such thing as a trap....you're right Vegas isn't stupid. Luckily they set lines based on the stupidity of the betting public, not what they think they outcome of the game will be.

Glitch

I disagree. I watched every duke game this season. Duke had 3 wins ATS. Duke played tougher opponents up to that points as well and defeated ranked teams Kansas and Michigan. Ohio st hadn't really played anyone. Also duke was 11-1 all time in that challenge. Line seemed too high just like Georgetown. Bama is a possible play tonight
    depends what lines you had. vs michigan and kansas they covered by 1 point pushed or lost. then the other game is presbytarian.

ive only seen duke play twice this year. they need to feed rivers more for sure.

i noticed you didnt list how many ohio state games you'd seen this year. THATS why the line seemed high. duke is good- im not saying theyre not. ohio st. is near impossible to beat and get productivity that is the most efficient inside and out. plus they play smart and are well-coached. that was not a fluke.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just dont see trap at all. Line looks about right. Lots of tacos on GT line moved half a point, makes sense. Kenpom has Bama by 6, santa says GT ML or go home. Good luck on whatever you decide here.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    There is no such thing as a trap....you're right Vegas isn't stupid. Luckily they set lines based on the stupidity of the betting public, not what they think they outcome of the game will be.
    a trap IS setting the line on the stupidity and ignorance of public betting. (making it too good to pass up)

and they DO use their own prediction and betting volume distribution percentage speculation both. they are in fact positively correlated.

i personally definitely want to hear if this line looks right to people or looks fishy. the more right it looks, the more i would want to take georgetown. but its just very hard for me to invision linesmakers predicting alabama covering that number or anything close.

12 Last