Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

I cringe whenever someone says "We" in reference to their favorite team

I listened to some idiot say "we" in reference to the Saints about 20 times tonight. We this... and we that. We, we, we. How many yards you account for? Score any points? Why aren't you with the team right now? Are you an ex-player? Do you own a stake in the team? Nope.

We? Those guys wouldn't piss on you if you caught fire. You were those losers in high school who thought they could attain popularity by letting the football players copy their answers on the social studies test. GTFO. Only now you're spending thousands of dollars every year on tickets and jerseys with other guy's names on them to line the pockets of spoiled millionaires and billionaires. Shut the **** up with the WE bullshit.
    Points Awarded:

Djstucky gave Ernie Mccracken 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol, and BuddyBear

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

It's really bad when bandwagon fans daytime...pisses me off even more...

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

the fans pay for the players paychecks, no?

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    I listened to some idiot say "we" in reference to the Saints about 20 times tonight. We this... and we that. We, we, we. How many yards you account for? Score any points? Why aren't you with the team right now? Are you an ex-player? Do you own a stake in the team? Nope.

We? Those guys wouldn't piss on you if you caught fire. You were those losers in high school who thought they could attain popularity by letting the football players copy their answers on the social studies test. GTFO. Only now you're spending thousands of dollars every year on tickets and jerseys with other guy's names on them to line the pockets of spoiled millionaires and billionaires. Shut the **** up with the WE bullshit.
    I own stock in the Packers. I win.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to agree ernie he has a point only time its ok is if you are schools alumni or a student but yeah that we shit gets old fast.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    I own stock in the Packers. I win.
    Do you receive dividend checks?

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

I agree

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

WE really need to fix this.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Don't agree here......diehards can say "we".....if you live and die with your favorite team you will catch yourself saying "we" alot, not by choice, but it just happens

As long as you don't overuse it, then its fine

For University of South Carolina sports, my friends that I went to school with and I use "we" all the time when talking about football, baseball, and bball.....I think it's definitely OK to use "we" if you are an alum or currently a student at a certain school when describing their sports teams

For pro teams or teams you bet on, it doesn't bother me as long as I know the person talking isn't a tool or bandwagon fan

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I agree it's very annoying. Especially on a sports betting forum like this. This isn't really the place for homers. Take that crap to a fan website

I do think the times you can say we is if you work for/own the team in some capacity or you went to the school (college foots and baskets)

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

So when I'm talking to another fan, I'm supposed say "the Broncos needs to win 7 to games to make the playoffs or they are done"Doesn't sound right as fan. I'll stick to saying "WE need to win 7 games to make the playoffs or WE are done" when conversing with someone who knows I'm a Broncos fan.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

got anything else on your mind you want to cry about
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its not a big deal, some ppl really love the sports..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    So when I'm talking to another fan, I'm supposed say "the Broncos needs to win 7 to games to make the playoffs or they are done"Doesn't sound right as fan. I'll stick to saying "WE need to win 7 games to make the playoffs or WE are done" when conversing with someone who knows I'm a Broncos fan.

You are the customer of a corporate entity. You mean nothing more to the Broncos aside from a boat payment for some executive. That's it. You're not on the team. You will never be associated with the corporation in any way except for handing them money. There's no we. We implies a mutual relationship. If you died tomorrow, not a single player or broncos employee would know or care.

Have some dignity.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Damn Ernie calm down son. If you don't like sports then bounce out of this forum. I'm a die hard sports fan and pull for a couple of teams. Like millions and millions of other people. Sounds like you are a little jealous of these multi millionaires and billionaires. Like DrStale said Packer fans actually own stock into the Packer franchise. Not sure why any clown would even start a thread like this. You don't think teams appreciate fans . Without the fans they don't have anything son. Course Ernie if you died in a car wreck tomorrow i could careless. And i'm sure if i do Lebron James won't care either course a billion more people won't also great points Ernie.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol I love KingPin, jus realized the name. Ha

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Damn Ernie calm down son. If you don't like sports then bounce out of this forum. I'm a die hard sports fan and pull for a couple of teams. Like millions and millions of other people. Sounds like you are a little jealous of these multi millionaires and billionaires. Like DrStale said Packer fans actually own stock into the Packer franchise. Not sure why any clown would even start a thread like this. You don't think teams appreciate fans . Without the fans they don't have anything son. Course Ernie if you died in a car wreck tomorrow i could careless. And i'm sure if i do Lebron James won't care either course a billion more people won't also great points Ernie.

I like sports, just like everyone else. There are certain teams I root for, as well. That said, the superfan "We" everything routine is a little sad. It's like the guy at the strip club who falls all over the girls and maxes all his ************ for lap dances. YOU KNOW THAT GUY. Root for a team all you want. That still doesn't make you part of the organization.

And no, most players have very little respect for fans. It defies common sense, but most owners/executives were born on 3rd base and the players have spent their entire lives being treated like gods. The rest of us are viewed as losers with crap jobs and no lives. Why else would we spend what little money we have on them? Lebron certainly said as much a few months back, but Bonzi put it best:

We're not really going to worry about what the hell (the fans) think about us. They really don't matter to us. They can boo us everyday but they are still going to ask for our autographs if they see us on the street. That's why they are fans and we are NBA players.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

This thread is asinine. I guess i could see your view ernie if u don't have a favorite team or follow sports but you obviously do.
    Everyone says this everywhere about anything they care about or hell even bet on.

Yes there is always the dumb fuks that are fairweather fans or just dumbasses that can be annoying and make you feel as you do, then again maybe you just bet against the Brees Machine and got sick of hearing it.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you went to a college and are an alumni is this allowed...I've always wondered that.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

We?
    Good for you Ernie Mccracken... got any more cool stories?

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmm i have season tickets to the broncos games, I spend enough of my money at their games to feed africa for a year. I will say we,us or mine whenever the hell I want.

rickysmith2050
    rickysmith2050's Avatar Become A Pro!

Genral

This is the first time i am reading your post and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thnaks for this share.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who gives a fukk!

YOU GTFO.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

As a lifelong Cowboy fan, all I know is........

If we weren't so busy getting prepared to beat the Cardinals this Sunday, we'd come over and beat your ass for this comment.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i wholeheartedly disagree 100%.

i see nothing wrong with fans saying we. all these teams try very hard to become part of the community by doing a lot off the field stuff such as visiting sick children in hospitals, feeding the poor, meet & greets, visiting schools, charitible work etc. they do this so communities will embrace them and support them by buying tickets, buying jerseys, coffee mugs etc. they want the fans to feel like they are part of the team, like family, so whats wrong with saying we?

the worst offenders of this are the bitter radio talk show hosts who always chastise callers who say we. they always sarcastically ask how many yds they rushed or passed for. i want to reach through the radio and strangle their scrawny little necks. if it werent for these passionate fans there would be no teams and no jobs for you, dikheads.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

First of all, saying we is faster than saying 'The Saints.'

Find something more petty to complain about and I'd be impressed.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Roma View Post
    Its not a big deal, some ppl really love the sports..
    I'm OK with it too.

We:
    Used to refer to the speaker together with other people regarded in the same category: "we fans".

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

We need to beat lsu in the national championship game if we get lucky enough to play them again

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Players, coaches, and even owners come and go. We fans will be there long after they are gone.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    If you went to a college and are an alumni is this allowed...I've always wondered that.
    Yes but most the fools who say this "WE" never set foot in a college classroom. It is annoying and strange. Kind of like grown men wearing jerseys of other grown men. I could never figure that out.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

agree with pro teams, unless you own part of the team, which im sure 99.9999% people dont.

disagree if someones talking about a high school or college team if they are alumni or a current student. thats a different kind of bond.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    the fans pay for the players paychecks, no?

if you put money into year after year you can say we.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kind of an odd post???

If you're a Detroit Lions fan... you're at the game... have a few drinks with your friends... the camera is on you from a local news channel. How else are you suppose to give a statement if you don't say "we"????

You: Man the Detroit Lions are awesome this year!!! The Detroit Lions will kick your a$$ all over town. The Detroit Lions have the most dynamic offense in the NFL. The Detroit Lions will rock your world.

How about just saying... WE????? We are awesome this year!! We will kick your a$$ all over town. We have the most dynamic offense in the NFL. We will rock your world.

You look like a total fruitcake saying "The Detroit Lions" Don't be queer.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i imagine its hard for you - the OP- to put in the due dilligence necessary for thorough sports research since you dont seem to like sports.

tell the KC chief fans, seattle seahawk fans, LSU tiger fans in football that they're not part of whats goin on there. better do it when their teams are on offense- otherwise they wont be able to fukkin hear you because those stadiums are so loud.

the local fanbase IS part of the team and does pay for the facilities and player salaries etc etc. teams are embarrassed to to play for empty stadiums. fans do help with morale, preventing audibles, etc and sometimes even decision making ("tebow, tebow, tebow!!!!" the crowd chanted to orton's mistakes) but more importantly...each team has a city assigned to them:

they are not "the cool guy lions" or something like that- they're the Detroit Lions, representing detroit. why shouldnt people in detroit be able to claim them. they are playing for their city.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

When you think about it support a sports team is no different than supporting a country.

Imaginary communities built around meaningless symbols.

God bless.

12 Last